Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    I say if we cant get a forward you take a dman...yeah we have a lot but there are a few really good ones early on that we could get.

vCash
    I saw Faksa play 2 games during the OHL playoffs. The first game he impressed the hell out of me. The second game he was completely invisible. If you're going to take Faksa, trade down a few spots. It is a bit of a reach at #5 IMO.

vCash
    Gally won't be there at #5 I don't think. Sounds like he will go as early as #2 and as late at #5.
    If Gally, Forsberg, and Murray are gone by 5, I would take Dumba.
    If our D prospects include Schultz, Dumba, Percy, Blacker, and Gardiner the future is bright.

I hope Burke trades up and gets Gally. I would be going after Columbus' pick because I have a feeling Montreal will be nabbing Gally at 3. This would be a nice slap in face for them lol.

vCash
    ^ for the reasons i listed above...

EDIT: In respose to Ktown... re: Faksa
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    I'm seeing some rumours that burke is declining to include Schenn in any deals to move up in this draft. Franson, Gunnarson, and LILES are the only names that Burke is willing to deal. percy is on the table as well

vCash
    Where you hearing this from? Makes sense to be honest. Though I'd rather move Schenn than Gunnarsson at this point (both because Gunnarsson has outplayed him and because Schenn has the higher trade value, based on potential anyways).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I'm seeing some rumours that burke is declining to include Schenn in any deals to move up in this draft. Franson, Gunnarson, and LILES are the only names that Burke is willing to deal. percy is on the table as well
    A while back i stated schenn would not be traded for the simple reason he is a burke type of player. He is young with the potential to become a top D man in this league. Schenn by far is the hardest hitting defensman we have. When he hits you, he rocks you even more then phaneauf in my opinion. He aint going anywhere burke will protect him it's clear to me.

vCash

Draft thread

I'd rather keep schenn then deal him. He's only 22 and still has a few years of development at least. Gunnar isn't small, but overall without schenn on our blueline, we have a backend full of small offensive d-men. Schenn is not a guy you deal of you want a future contending team. Shutdown style d-men with his potential don't come around too often. His trade value may be high, but that doesn't mean you should deal him just because. If anything his trade value will only go up of you want to look at it from that angle. Give the kid some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Where you hearing this from? Makes sense to be honest. Though I'd rather move Schenn than Gunnarsson at this point (both because Gunnarsson has outplayed him and because Schenn has the higher trade value, based on potential anyways).
    just been reading around on some other forums and tweets are posted from guys like HockeyBreak, and radio rumours and stuff are posted. No idea if its legit but if we remember what burke said last trade deadline he had said he had "not offered schenn" in any deal but he did recieve calls on him. so could make some sense. hopefully the decision to keep Luke is coming from Carlyle and not just burke.

vCash
    Phanuef-Holzer (give him a shot)
    Gardiner - Schenn
    Komi- Liles

I would be ok with this, provided we play a more defensive style (which is likely). something like a Franson, Scrivens/Reimer, and #5 could still move us up a spot or two (if thats what burke wants) or a deal like Franson and #34 could get us a pick in the 25 range.

10 more days... i'm so excited
    Last edited by OptiMized; 06-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    Gunnar, outside of Gardiner, is the last dman I'd deal. He's been out best blue liner for a few years now and for whatever reason, gets little press. He doesn't make big mistakes, a smart player, could chip in some points if he was given top PP time, he's cheap as well as young. You need to hold onto these guys in a cap era.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Phanuef-Holzer (give him a shot)
    Gardiner - Schenn
    Komi- Liles

I would be ok with this, provided we play a more defensive style (which is likely). something like a Franson, Scrivens/Reimer, and #5 could still move us up a spot or two (if thats what burke wants) or a deal like Franson and #34 could get us a pick in the 25 range.

10 more days... i'm so excited
    That's a cap hit of $8.375 for your 3rd defensive pairing...way too much money for the minutes they'll play

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    Gunnar, outside of Gardiner, is the last dman I'd deal. He's been out best blue liner for a few years now and for whatever reason, gets little press. He doesn't make big mistakes, a smart player, could chip in some points if he was given top PP time, he's cheap as well as young. You need to hold onto these guys in a cap era.
    Gunnar's cap hit is $1.325
    Schenn's cap hit is $3.600

I think Gunnar has a lot more upside than people give him credit for. Schenn hasn't lived up to the hype of being the 5th overall pick. I know he's only 22, but I think the Leafs should move him if there is a possibilty of moving up in the draft to select Galchenyuk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    I completely disagree. He gets little press because quite frankly he is nothing special. The way some speak of him i'd say your over-rating him but then again it's difference of opinions. The guys who are studs are the guys who can be game changers. On our d, that includes dion (which i'm not a big fan off), schenn and gardiner. All the other d's just play there role but nothing more nothing less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Gunnar's cap hit is $1.325
    Schenn's cap hit is $3.600

I think Gunnar has a lot more upside than people give him credit for. Schenn hasn't lived up to the hype of being the 5th overall pick. I know he's only 22, but I think the Leafs should move him if there is a possibilty of moving up in the draft to select Galchenyuk.
    I don't get the philosophy of ridding yourself of a 22 year old potential shut down defenseman who has played with team canada juniors, drops the gloves when needed, hits like a tank, shoots pretty damn good and has good size. Add to the mix he is a veteran of the game at the age of 22 and is canadian born product, i would not even dare.

Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast