Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    What would Colin Wilson cost? i think he is a good young centremen and if Burke deals the #5 for nash, i would be ok with it if he could also get wilson.
    Too much. Wilson is a key part to Nashville.

Nashville will hold on to him especially if they lose out on Suter. They can't afford losing a talent like him.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Too much. Wilson is a key part to Nashville.

Nashville will hold on to him especially if they lose out on Suter. They can't afford losing a talent like him.
    Wilson was a healthy scratch for the entire Detroit series and he's only played 3 games against Phoenix. I doubt his price is nearly as high as you think it is. That said, I wouldn't want him, he isn't very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    Wilson was a healthy scratch for the entire Detroit series and he's only played 3 games against Phoenix. I doubt his price is nearly as high as you think it is. That said, I wouldn't want him, he isn't very good.
    I stand corrected I was not aware he was being scratched.

Well, either way... I don't see it being a fit for Toronto.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    So if dudley goes to the habs before the draft we might get *** raped

vCash
    The way I see things, there's no question Yak goes first, no doubt about it. After that, complete crapshoot. No way Columbus takes a Russian so it's Forsberg or Murray for them. They may deal Nash so I wouldn't be shocked if they wanted a new poster boy, Forsberg maybe? This draft for us really comes down to what Columbus does, they control the Leafs fate. I'll be pretty damn happy if they took Forsberg leaving one of Gal,Grigo or Murray to us. Again though, really depends on the Jackets. They're really a wild card here because we know their history with Russians/Soviet born players.

vCash
    Schenn's value isn't very high now, but how much further could we move if we packaged Schenn with #5?

vCash
    ^Probably only up one spot to number 4. I think it would be a good fit to #3 and Montreal, but I just don't see them being trade partners unless Dudley has some influence and wants Schenn. I think the price will be higher to move up beyond third. That said, I would still be willing to pay the price to move up, but I don't think Edmonton will trade the pick unless they are blown away.

Our fate realistically lies in the hands of Columbus...

I really want them (the Leafs) to draft Gally and I don't even know who I would prefer if he is not available.

vCash
    How many of these top picks does everyone anticipate making the jump to the NHL?

vCash
    Probably 1-2: Yakupov and maybe Forsberg or Murray, depending where they end up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    There aren't any impact forwards after the first 4 guys. Teravainen has climbed into the top 10 from like outside the first round. And he's a very gifted playmaker who would be a phenomenal fit with Kessel with his speed and passing ability. Faksa is a lot like Antropov. Gaunce is like a bigger Stajan somewhat.

There are boom or bust impact guys and there are safe guys. Gaunce, Faksa, and Girgensons are safe picks, Teravainen, Collberg, and Aberg are more risky picks.

At the same time, there is no real reason we can't take a dman, especially with how poor Schenn and Franson looked this season. Liles is older, Komisarek is a bum, and the other guys are question marks still.
    I really agree with most of your assement of this years draft, but I couldn't disagree more about Faksa, just because of how much I've seen Faksa play. He's a big, aggressive kid, with great skating, a good shot (quick release and heavy), high hockey iq (positioning), and a nose for the net. He really drives to the net hard. He's being brought up in the same sytem as guys who have seen a great amount of success in the NHL (aside from the obvious think of Clarkson, Halischuk, Spaling). He may not be there for next year, but he will dominate the O next year!!
    I also agree with your thinking that taking a d-man isn't neccessarily a bad thing. People say it's not what we need, but defense really is a "only as strong as your weakest link" type of thing in the NHL. That said, if they keep the 5 pick, and Murray is there, I'd have a really hard time passing on him. For people who want to see the kid play, he's currently playing against some of the top talent in the world at the Men Championships for Canada.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan16 View Post
    How many of these top picks does everyone anticipate making the jump to the NHL?
    I would say the top 5 picks should have a legit shot at playing in the NHL next year.

vCash
    What do you guys think about Dudley going to the Habs? I wonder if the move will happen before or after the draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    What do you guys think about Dudley going to the Habs? I wonder if the move will happen before or after the draft?
    I'm pissed. I think that's stupid.

I mean I am not against him leaving, it sucks though for sure. Dudley is actually the best all around scout on managment and it sucks he's going to leave to our rival nonetheless.

Anyways, I think it would hurt the Leafs if he leaves before the draft. If he stays then it's fine. It's just a very odd situation even if he stays because if he helps the Leafs with their draft... yet Montreal is ahead of Toronto on the board... it's just a weird situation.

I didn't want him to leave especially to Montreal, but he is so... oh well.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Schenn's value isn't very high now, but how much further could we move if we packaged Schenn with #5?
    His value may not be high but it's still not bad at all.

With a young guy like Schenn his value isn't so much put into question because he's young first of all, and because he's a d man... something some needs always need the most.

Schenn would be valued highly no matter what I think. He could be dealt in a package, a big one.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I think Schenn and the #5 pick would be enough to move up to the 2nd pick...Columbus gets a young defenceman that needs a change of scenery and they still get the 5th pick.

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast