Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1415

Thread: Draft thread

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Schenn was a monster his 1st season
    Then went through a sophomore slump
    Then in his 3rd season played very solid
    Last year wasn't a good year.

    Yes - very incosistant is right. I still have high hopes for him. If Burke can swing a deal at the draft, for JVR I'm all for it.
    Yeah thats what I mean... inconsistent. Other teams know that. Burke knows that. It's common sense. Same with Kulemin... first year decent. Second the same... a bit better.

    Third year bam 30 goals... last year 7 goals. Not good enough for a big return.


    Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Schenn was a monster his 1st season
    Then went through a sophomore slump
    Then in his 3rd season played very solid
    Last year wasn't a good year.

    Yes - very incosistant is right. I still have high hopes for him. If Burke can swing a deal at the draft, for JVR I'm all for it.
    Schenn couldn't do any wrong his first season because he was an 18 year old who cracked the league in this market. He was mediocre at best and it was a mistake to keep him up at 18 but our D literally blew with guys like Jonas ****in Frogren on the team. Jonas Frogren

    2nd year blew.

    3rd year was better but at the end started to turn the puck over like mad.

    Last year decided he needed to turn the puck over more.

    I'm still not going to give up on him yet because defensemen take alot longer to develop. But to say he was a monster his first year is laughable. And he was average on a good night his third year. People see that he has high hit toals and was picked 5th overall and get a little carried away. The kid has a long long way to go and a ton of holes to plug in his game. He's barely a better skater than Komisarek.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,442
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Getzlaf had a down year this year. From what you're saying, good players can't have down years?
    Burke won't be able to convince other GMs that kule and schenn had a down year?! That's nonsense.
    I cant believe I have to justify kulemin and schenn to leaf fans.
    How the hell can anyone compare one of the best in the world to Kulemin, who's produced offensively ONE time and Schenn, who looked pretty awful last season. If you have to convince another GM then it's pretty obvious that oh I dunno, they don't see the value you see. You can't sell low on players, I don't know why this is so hard to conceive.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,243
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    Mikus and Gysbers to Anaheim for Getzlaf.

    Greg Scott and a 7th to Carolina for Staal.
    i'm with you Mikus and Gysbers are far more valuable then Kulemin and Schenn...


    "Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Prince George
    Posts
    1,464
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    How the hell can anyone compare one of the best in the world to Kulemin, who's produced offensively ONE time and Schenn, who looked pretty awful last season. If you have to convince another GM then it's pretty obvious that oh I dunno, they don't see the value you see. You can't sell low on players, I don't know why this is so hard to conceive.
    Man relax. Go have a coke and a smile and wait and see what happens. Who knows. But please allow a fellow leaf fan to have an opionion. My goodness haha
    I wasn't comparing kulemin or schenn to Getz - I was basically saying guys can have down years. Getz is the perfect example.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    i'm with you Mikus and Gysbers are far more valuable then Kulemin and Schenn...


    I figure if everyone else throws out unrealistic ******** trade ideas I may as well one up em and go even dumber.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    How the hell can anyone compare one of the best in the world to Kulemin, who's produced offensively ONE time and Schenn, who looked pretty awful last season. If you have to convince another GM then it's pretty obvious that oh I dunno, they don't see the value you see. You can't sell low on players, I don't know why this is so hard to conceive.
    This is why I laugh at all these trade ideas people spew out. Just because these guys are on our favorite team people overrate and over value them when it comes to trade ideas. It's why I don't post trade ideas. I've never been on the other line of a call between 2 GM's. It's like some people are in fantasy land half the time. They should make a "fantasy idea" thread. Let their imaginations run wild.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,442
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Man relax. Go have a coke and a smile and wait and see what happens. Who knows. But please allow a fellow leaf fan to have an opionion. My goodness haha
    I wasn't comparing kulemin or schenn to Getz - I was basically saying guys can have down years. Getz is the perfect example.
    You did compare them. I mean, they aren't comparable. Like at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    This is why I laugh at all these trade ideas people spew out. Just because these guys are on our favorite team people overrate and over value them when it comes to trade ideas. It's why I don't post trade ideas. I've never been on the other line of a call between 2 GM's. It's like some people are in fantasy land half the time. They should make a "fantasy idea" thread. Let their imaginations run wild.
    90% of trade offers is your team giving up your spare parts or secondary players for the other teams star. The funniest thing though is when people include a second round pick.

    GM 1-"I'll offer you all my crap for your superstar"

    GM 2-"why the hell would I trade ____ for that package?"

    GM 1-"Hmmm okay, I'll throw in a second round pick"

    GM 2-"DONE"

    The worst is one of my buddies who's a huge Leafs fan updates me all the time on what hockeybuzz is saying. He told me last year the Leafs were gonna get Bobby Ryan for basically nothing. I told him he was crazy and he got pissed,defensive and told me I'm not a true fan. This happens on a weekly basis. No GM in their right mind is going to surrender a star for the sake of Leafs fans.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,747
    vCash
    1500
    Haha yeah. 2 mediocre players won't get you a superstar.. but include a 2nd or 3rd or both and wow! Kinda video game-esq. But it's hilarious how people can think that way.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Man relax. Go have a coke and a smile and wait and see what happens. Who knows. But please allow a fellow leaf fan to have an opionion. My goodness haha
    I wasn't comparing kulemin or schenn to Getz - I was basically saying guys can have down years. Getz is the perfect example.
    Yeah dude you compared them... that's why I tried telling you that no GM would deal a player like Getzlaf for a player like Kulemin. You said that Schenn or Kulemin are able to fetch a return like a Getzlaf or Staal... and Kopitar. And realistically, every Leafs fan knows that isn't gonna happen.

    Only hope is Burke is smart with those players if he plans on trading them.


    Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    You did compare them. I mean, they aren't comparable. Like at all.



    90% of trade offers is your team giving up your spare parts or secondary players for the other teams star. The funniest thing though is when people include a second round pick.

    GM 1-"I'll offer you all my crap for your superstar"

    GM 2-"why the hell would I trade ____ for that package?"

    GM 1-"Hmmm okay, I'll throw in a second round pick"

    GM 2-"DONE"

    The worst is one of my buddies who's a huge Leafs fan updates me all the time on what hockeybuzz is saying. He told me last year the Leafs were gonna get Bobby Ryan for basically nothing. I told him he was crazy and he got pissed,defensive and told me I'm not a true fan. This happens on a weekly basis. No GM in their right mind is going to surrender a star for the sake of Leafs fans.

    Happens all the time to me too. Guys come up with these solutions in their heads and then if I disagree or anyone else does they say that you don't know what you're talking about and tell me I am not a fan and don't know hockey.

    My ideas may not always be right but I still remain realistic lol.


    Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  12. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leafs
    Posts
    13,243
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post


    I figure if everyone else throws out unrealistic ******** trade ideas I may as well one up em and go even dumber.
    lol. iknow.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    Schenn for Datsyuk.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,910
    vCash
    1000
    I remember mentioning a trade idea last off-season, and I got shreaded for it. I was called a moron by a few of us, and so on. "Thank god you're not our GM" and such. I mentioned Kulemin + Aulie + a 3rd for Cody Hodgson to start out this season. I know thev value of Kulemin and Aulie were high, but I felt long-term, this would be a good deal.

    Now, how many of you guys pull that trigger now? I love Ashton, did so in TB, but Hodgosn's ceiling is a lot higher. Cody's good for 50 points right now. He's battled injuries in the past, but can be an offensive superstar in this league.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    32,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I remember mentioning a trade idea last off-season, and I got shreaded for it. I was called a moron by a few of us, and so on. "Thank god you're not our GM" and such. I mentioned Kulemin + Aulie + a 3rd for Cody Hodgson to start out this season. I know thev value of Kulemin and Aulie were high, but I felt long-term, this would be a good deal.

    Now, how many of you guys pull that trigger now? I love Ashton, did so in TB, but Hodgosn's ceiling is a lot higher. Cody's good for 50 points right now. He's battled injuries in the past, but can be an offensive superstar in this league.
    Hodgson's ceiling is higher but why is Kulemin all of a sudden some loser that we need to get rid of...Hodgson scored 41 points in 83 games this past season, Kulemin had 28 in only 70 games. Plus he plays a better 2-way game and is a better forechecker. He still has that 30 goal potential too.

    I don't think I'd deal Kulemin for Hodgson. I don't like Hodgson.

Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •