Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    Scouts are raving about Forsburg. Take into account that Columbus was thinking about drafting Forsburg over yakopov at #1, 3/4 way through this year. Think mike Richards on the wing, when talking about Forsburg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Scouts are raving about Forsburg. Take into account that Columbus was thinking about drafting Forsburg over yakopov at #1, 3/4 way through this year. Think mike Richards on the wing, when talking about Forsburg.
    never heard the Richards comparison but if true that could be good. Forsberg is always in the gym trying to get bigger and stonger, according to scouts, so i dont think he will have work ethic issues.

Scouts all say that he needs a bit more polish. He has the skills but he needs to learn how to use them more effectively. I think a tsn panel member, i forget which one, said that Forsberg could end up being the second best player in this draft (Yak being the obvious guy).

To you point gup, on Feb 20. 2011 the ISS had Forsberg #1, Gally #2, Murray #3, and Yakupov #4.
    Skating circles around the NHL since 2013/2014

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    never heard the Richards comparison but if true that could be good. Forsberg is always in the gym trying to get bigger and stonger, according to scouts, so i dont think he will have work ethic issues.

Scouts all say that he needs a bit more polish. He has the skills but he needs to learn how to use them more effectively. I think a tsn panel member, i forget which one, said that Forsberg could end up being the second best player in this draft (Yak being the obvious guy).To you point gup, on Feb 20. 2011 the ISS had Forsberg #1, Gally #2, Murray #3, and Yakupov #4.
    Don't be so sure Yakki is going to be the best player out of this draft. I've seen him and Gally play a lot over the past 2 seasons. Gallyis the better all round player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    3rd liner that can chip in 20 goals if he max's out (might be a stretch) that can hit like a truck and fight. Not bad for a low 1st rounder. There's other guys I woulda taken before Biggs, let alone traded up to get. But he's a work in progress. 2 years might be generous.

I have no idea why he goes in the 1st round and Tomas Jurco goes in the 2nd. Absolutely none and nobody can convince me otherwise.
    I could not agree more!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Don't be so sure Yakki is going to be the best player out of this draft. I've seen him and Gally play a lot over the past 2 seasons. Gallyis the better all round player
    I tend to overvalue centre compared to wingers. IMO i think Gally should go #1 just because centre like him are tough to find. But i still think Yakupov will be the best player (stats wise) over his career.

I know you watch him play alot, but i see so many ppl raise the "is Yakupov making Gally better then he is or vice-versa"

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    I think Biggs went in the first round because of his size, and the fact that scouts think that every big, strong hockeyplayer that looks like him can turn into Lucic.

He was also drafted #22 which is the number his father wore when he played hockey (not NHL but some other level). I'm sure Burke thought that would be a thrill for him. I agree though i would have rather puempel, rattie, or even Jenner. I think Saad was in that draft too, i might have taken him over biggs as well. But whats done is done and he still looks like a promising player

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I tend to overvalue centre compared to wingers. IMO i think Gally should go #1 just because centre like him are tough to find. But i still think Yakupov will be the best player (stats wise) over his career.

I know you watch him play alot, but i see so many ppl raise the "is Yakupov making Gally better then he is or vice-versa"
    I would almost argue the opposite...Yakki looked lost at times this year without Gally...the two of them really complimented each other...Yakki is an elite playmaker where Gally can score and be a playmaker...one thing that Yakki's game benefited from without having Gally around this year was that he was forced to shoot the puck more. His shot really developed over the year and it made him a more complete player

vCash
    If Galchenyuk is the guy the Leafs really want, then maybe they should trade up a few spots to make sure you get him. What would it take to move up to #2 from 5?

vCash
    I woud guess the #5, Schenn and Kulemin

vCash
    ^
    **** trading Kulemin to do that if that indeed is what it takes. He had a horrible year imo. But no player on the team puts in as much effort as Kuli. He'll bounce back next year, net close to 25 goals, probably flirt with 50-60 points and be our best defensive forward and forechecker. I'd hate to lose Kulemin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I woud guess the #5, Schenn and Kulemin
    You could get Eric staal or anze kopitar with that offer. Thenk goodness you're not our gm lavy haha
    I wouldn't move schenn and the #5 to move up.

vCash
    You could get Eric staal or anze kopitar with that offer. Thenk goodness you're not our gm lavy haha
    You certainly could not get Anze Kopitar.

vCash
    Nooo chance in hell.

vCash
    That wouldn't be enough to get either of those players...Schenn and Kulemin are at all time lows as far as value...you have the Leaf blinders on...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMichael View Post
    If Galchenyuk is the guy the Leafs really want, then maybe they should trade up a few spots to make sure you get him. What would it take to move up to #2 from 5?
    i dont see a trade with CBJ that doesn't have the leafs aquiring nash. Burke wants him and everyone knows he will overpay to get him.

BUt IMO, i would deal the #5, Schenn, and Kadri ( and maybe colborne if we get brassard back) for the #2 pick. I dont like trading all those assets for 1 unproven assets (even though everyone in this deal is basically unproven) but if my scouts say he's the real deal then i do what i can to make it.

To be continued...?

\_(ツ)_/

Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast