Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1415

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    Thing is, The Blues need centers, they are loaded on the wings already. Maybe a deal around Colborne? although they'd likely want a guy who's ready now and I don't see Bozak being an upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    While I would probably deal Kulemin straight up for him and turn it into a change of scenery "hockey trade". Stewart is better IMO and would give us 2 dirty lines IMO. Grabovski is a little guy and a puck possession guy, putting him between 2 giants who hit hard like JVR and Stewart...doesn't get much better. I'd deal Kulemin for him.

I'd trade my best to get him for pretty well anything else but I'd deal Kulemin for him straight up too. Otherwise I agree with you. I would really like to hold on to Kulemin but if that's what it would cost, I'd still do it.
    Keep klue. Trade Mac + for Stewart. I'd do a dance if that happened.

Lupul - bozak/kadri/colborne - kessel
    JVR - grabo - Stewart
    Klue - bozak/Lombardi - fratton
    Brown - steckel - Leo karmolov (sp)

Our wingers are dangous. We definitely need a #1 centre tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    A year ago, Chris Stewart was a 2 time 28 goal scorer coming off 64 and 53 point seasons and a budding power forward. If anything, they are in EXACTLY the same group and have very, VERY similar value. Kulemin is probably a more complete player but Stewart is without a doubt in my mind a better offensive player. 28 and 36 in 77 games with the Avs 3 years ago is outstanding and his 28 and 25 in only 62 games is even better 2 years ago is even better. Never really got it going last year but still finished with 15 and 15 while really not getting very many minutes in St. Louis.

If Chris Stewart is available, I'd hope the Leafs pounce on him. He didn't fit at all under Hitch in St. Louis but he's big, physical, and a very high potential young power forward. If the Leafs could bring in Stewart, keep Kulemin, and add them to JVR and Kessel, we'd be dangerous on the wings. And I think that's a look that Burkey would like. 3 power forward types and the star in Kessel. Plus, Stewart is a Toronto boy so he gets Don Cherry off his back lol.

vCash
    Buffalo specs are training with navy seals this offseason. pretty interesting.

I didn't know this but some leaf specs actually train with cops and firefighters as well.

vCash
    St.Louis is looking for another puck moving dman (preferably one that can log bid minutes) and are reportedly looking at Jaybo. If they like what they see in Gardiner, i would put him in a deal for Stewart and Elliot/Halak.

MacArthur and Gardiner for Stewart and Elliot type deal is what i would do (although i think we should get back 1 more peice;maybe a 2nd)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Buffalo specs are training with navy seals this offseason. pretty interesting.

I didn't know this but some leaf specs actually train with cops and firefighters as well.
    I knew Kessel was eating too many donuts. You can just tell.

vCash
    St.Louis is looking for another puck moving dman (preferably one that can log bid minutes) and are reportedly looking at Jaybo. If they like what they see in Gardiner, i would put him in a deal for Stewart and Elliot/Halak.

MacArthur and Gardiner for Stewart and Elliot type deal is what i would do (although i think we should get back 1 more peice;maybe a 2nd)
    You do realise that is the same Elliott who sucked balls when he played for Ottawa right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Santana View Post
    You do realise that is the same Elliott who sucked balls when he played for Ottawa right?
    sucked balls for what 20-ish games? he lost his game for a while and now he seems to have found it. He's not being aquired to be the #1, in my deal he would be the backup that could play 40 games if Reimer fails. I would prefer Halak but i think thats a long-shot. Next year i would prefer that deal happen then have Mac and Gardiner in the lineup with Scrivens as the back-up.

vCash
    Wouldn't want Elliot. I would certainly want Halak but I don't know if they would consider dealing him.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Halak yet. Still a monster risk of Elliot being a one hit wonder just like Chumbawumba. St. Louis also has Jake Allen as a pretty decent spec in the nets playing in Peoria.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

You are going to trade the next Scott Niedermayer for a backup goalie and a guy who has one good season in the NHL?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    You are going to trade the next Scott Niedermayer for a backup goalie and a guy who has one good season in the NHL?
    I'd love to add stewart. Elliot would be a great back-up that can play 30 games. Gardiner is not an untouchable IMO and if St.Louis would only make this deal with him in it then i have to do it.

BTW with stewart you may actaully be able to type "truculence" and actually be right. he's a tough guy

vCash
    imo gardiner has a higher value trade wise than stewart and elliott..stewart hasn't impressed since his avs day..and elliott had a good season where he split his time in half..I don't know if I would gamble what jake gardiner can offer for stewart and elliott.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I'd love to add stewart. Elliot would be a great back-up that can play 30 games. Gardiner is not an untouchable IMO and if St.Louis would only make this deal with him in it then i have to do it.

BTW with stewart you may actaully be able to type "truculence" and actually be right. he's a tough guy
    I would love to have Stewart on the Leafs. He's a great guy. Lived with my good friend in Colorado. So I do have a bias towards him, but no way I include Gardnier if the return is Stewart and Elliot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I would love to have Stewart on the Leafs. He's a great guy. Lived with my good friend in Colorado. So I do have a bias towards him, but no way I include Gardnier if the return is Stewart and Elliot.
    I was also thinking another peice, but i doubt they'd even consider gardiner. They are looking for a real workhorse back there and i dont think Jake is the guy. Maybe he can be but he hasn't proven it yet.

Maybe a three-way trade:

CGY: Colborne, Kadri/Mac (if it's Colborne and Kadri, they have to take Connolly too)
    TOR: Stewart, Elliot
    STL: Jaybo

something possibly along the lines of that. I like Jaybo and would actaully like to have him here if we could move 1 of Komi or Connolly, maybe he could fit in the cap if Burke is indeed done. If we believe the rumours, Dion and Jay didn't get along to well so that kinda goes out the window.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 07-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast