Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    What would Colin Wilson cost? i think he is a good young centremen and if Burke deals the #5 for nash, i would be ok with it if he could also get wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    i'd be suprised if Galchenyuk made it past the Canadiens at #3.

I hate trading up in drafts, especially when its only a 1 or 2 spot jump, because we always have to overpay but Galchenyuk's stock keeps rising and like lavy said i could see him going #1. EDM needs a #1 centremen, as does MTL, and CBJ, and so do we. i think Galchenyuk will be a top 2 pick.

Back to my point about trading up, if burke can find a dance partner (most likely CBJ imo) i regretfully say do it. Gally is being compared to Marian Hossa but at centre, thats a very nice comparison.

Galchenyuk, Faksa, Grigorenko, at least 1 of these centremen will be available when we pick and i'd be happy with anyone.
    Galchenyuk was out most the year, and they got beat out of the OHL playoffs early, im kinda lost here. How is his stock rising? because Levy has a man crush on him? haha jk
    Seriously though, Galchenyuk will fall into our laps if Columbus takes Forsburg and Montreal takes Grigs.

I would cry if we took Faksa over Forsberg, Gally, Grigs or Murray. Burke would be a moron and should be fired on the spot. If we take Faska in this draft, TRADE DOWN!

vCash
    We're by all accounts going to end up with one of Yakupov(only if we trade up), Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Forsberg or Murray with our pick. Why the hell would we trade down if we're going to land one of these guys? I admit I haven't seen much of Forsberg. But people that know alot more about hockey than we do are pretty damn high on the kid from what I've read and heard. So even to end up with him would be pretty sweet. I hear he can play centre or the wing. No matter which that ends up being in the NHL who cares? Potential high impact forward there. Even if the 4 forwards go in order 1-4 I would absolutely love to have Ryan Murray in our system. Ryan Suter comparisons don't sound too bad and I've seen quite a bit of him like probably everyone else to know how good he is. Need for a forward or not, you shoot yourself in the foot not taking the best guy avaliable. If we end up with Murray and he turns out, look down the road.

Gardiner-Schenn
    Murray-Schultz(? a maybe)
    Franson-Gunnarsonn
    Phaneuf-Blacker
    Percy-Holzer

None of these guys in any particular order mind you. But that's sexy and leaves some nice assets to deal. Hopefully we end up with a forward though obviously. **** trading down square in the butt.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Galchenyuk was out most the year, and they got beat out of the OHL playoffs early, im kinda lost here. How is his stock rising? because Levy has a man crush on him? haha jk
    Seriously though, Galchenyuk will fall into our laps if Columbus takes Forsburg and Montreal takes Grigs.

I would cry if we took Faksa over Forsberg, Gally, Grigs or Murray. Burke would be a moron and should be fired on the spot. If we take Faska in this draft, TRADE DOWN!
    His stock keeps rising because the scouts are watching him practice and see the kids work ethic and potential to be the best player out of the 2012 draft. His knee is a non issue from what I've seen from him at practice.

vCash
    Probably won't happen, but Dumba would be real nice to have in Toronto.

vCash

Glachenyuk is a centremen. That position tends to be more valuable then wingers. It's very hard to find a player with Galchenyuks size and skill. Faksa has the size but with lesser skill. Forsberg is also a winger and i doubt he will get past #4.

Faksa is the next best centremen (skill-wise) after Gally and Grigs IMO. I think he will be gone before the #9 pick, so it's not as big a reach as you would think.

I would be ok if we traded down but only if we got another 1st rounder. Gaunce and Maatta would be a success imo (both will go around 15ish). I've moved on from Subban as some mock drafts have him very high up now, i think i even saw him at 18 somewhere.

vCash

also Gally stock keeps rising because of the russian factor. Skill-wise its Grigs 1A and Gally 1B, but because Gally is an American (ISS tends to favour North Americans) he comes with less potential risk.

Grigs is a boom or bust prospect with a rumoured work ethic problem while Galchenyuk is a boom or bust prospect that has a rep as a gym rat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    We're by all accounts going to end up with one of Yakupov(only if we trade up), Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, Forsberg or Murray with our pick. Why the hell would we trade down if we're going to land one of these guys? I admit I haven't seen much of Forsberg. But people that know alot more about hockey than we do are pretty damn high on the kid from what I've read and heard. So even to end up with him would be pretty sweet. I hear he can play centre or the wing. No matter which that ends up being in the NHL who cares? Potential high impact forward there. Even if the 4 forwards go in order 1-4 I would absolutely love to have Ryan Murray in our system. Ryan Suter comparisons don't sound too bad and I've seen quite a bit of him like probably everyone else to know how good he is. Need for a forward or not, you shoot yourself in the foot not taking the best guy avaliable. If we end up with Murray and he turns out, look down the road.

Gardiner-Schenn
    Murray-Schultz(? a maybe)
    Franson-Gunnarsonn
    Phaneuf-Blacker
    Percy-Holzer

None of these guys in any particular order mind you. But that's sexy and leaves some nice assets to deal. Hopefully we end up with a forward though obviously. **** trading down square in the butt.
    Murray- Gardiner would be pretty nice.

Its not everyday we get to select a D man thats been compared to Scott Neidermayer. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Murray, but we'd have to deal some of the D we currently have.Doesn't have to be a big fancy deal, just a deal like what we got for Aulie. Trade a steady d man for a forward prospect with upside.

If we get Schultz too, i will jump for joy. Murray, Gardiner, Schultz, Franson (say what you want but i still think he will be a good player) as a future top-4/5 would be pretty exciting

vCash
    Keep in mind that Murray is currently playing with the big boys at the WHC and i think he played 20+ minutes last game (not 100% sure). The GM is an oiler and the coach is rumoured to be the next oiler coach so the dots are being connected right now. I really doubtthey take Murray #1 but that may just add fuel to the rumours that they'll trade it.

Murray also had a terrible game against the russians last WJC. Since then his stock has been steadily decreasing. Before that game he was the next Neidermayer or Lidstrom and now he is being compared to Jay Bouwmeester. Ouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    His stock keeps rising because the scouts are watching him practice and see the kids work ethic and potential to be the best player out of the 2012 draft. His knee is a non issue from what I've seen from him at practice.
    Espn reported yesterday that Burke may trade up. Today espn is reporting Edmonton may take Murray 1st. Who knows what will happen. But - if edmonton takes Murray 1st, we'll end up with Grigs or gally at 5. So I don't think I'd move up.

vCash
    If EDM wanted Murray they won't trade with us either because he might not even be available at 5 thanks to the Isles being ahead of us which sucks ***.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    The stunned arse Eklund says the Isles are trying to get the first overall pick.

vCash
    Nail yakopov - pavol bure
    Ryan Murray - Scotty neidamyer
    Grigs - malkin high end, kovalov low end
    Gally - Ron Francis
    Forsburg - mike Richards (on the wing)

We'll get a nice pick at #5, regardless.

vCash
    Islanders make the most sense to trade for Yakupov or even the blue jackets but would the BJ's give up any valuable assets is the question.
    For the Isles pairing JT with Yakupov gives you a sexi core for years and years to come.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    ^
    Hahaha! The "BJ's"

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast