Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Cooper is a flat out beast. I'd rank him ahead of B. Jones and will probably go top 15 when its all said and done. I know GB really wants him to replace Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    This is something I agree with and have picked up from the Draft Forum; but I hate the idea of 1st Rd OGs, even as someone who considers themselves staunchly BPA. If Cooper fails what do you do with him? If An OT fails you can slide him to OG but a failed OG has nowhere to go.
    I'm going to be honest. I see Cooper more as a late-1st/early 2nd type of guy. Could he rise to top-20? Certainly. But as he is right now, I see a few guards ahead of him- Barrett Jones (simply because of his versatility being able to play all 5 positions on the line) and Chance Warmack. If Cooper's stock rose and we ended up taking him with our first, I wouldn't be disappointed at all unless a better player at MLB/LT was available. He's probably my favorite of the guard prospects. Dude's going to be a beast in this league.

As for what does Cooper do if he fails at OG? That's easy- center, where he's played a bit in college. I think he'll be a very good LG though.

vCash
    ^But, Center is harder to play than OG. OG is the easiest spot on the OL to play. If he fails there then he is pretty much useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    ^But, Center is harder to play than OG. OG is the easiest spot on the OL to play. If he fails there then he is pretty much useless.
    That's true. I think he'd be looked at as a center first or as a guard that we potentially move to center. Personally, I see him as a beast LG. I saw a play where he did a pull, and it was beautiful. Love him as a pass blocker also.

But to comment on your initial concerns of using a 1st on him, I would only do that if we end up with a pick from 25-32 or if we traded down to one of those picks. I like him more as a potential 2nd round pick after drafting Ogletree or the best available LT (if we don't sign one of the big name LTs in free agency) in the 1st round.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 12-24-2012 at 12:50 AM.

vCash
    I don't know how, but I want us to come away the draft with Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia, Brandon Jenkins, DE, FSU, Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU, Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin **

vCash
    Margus Hunt is having an excellent game for SMU in the Hawaii Bowl; although the Fresno St OL is helping out a lot by pretty much turning him loose on every play.

He is exactly the type of player that I would love to bring in for Marinelli. A lot like Melton, Hunt has truly elite tools (he honestly looks and moves like Peppers) but he has limited experience playing the position and his technique is incredibly raw.

vCash
    Missed the game. BCB how did P. Thomas and Hunt do?

vCash
    From what I watched which wasn't much. Hunt did whatever the **** he wanted to Estonia!

vCash
    new walter football mock has kevin minter going in the first round now. thats a bummer

vCash
    Everything will change after workouts. Just fun to talk now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Missed the game. BCB how did P. Thomas and Hunt do?
    Hunt looked good, but tbh it was more about Fresno's OL. On consecutive plays the Fresno RG and RT both thought someone else was going to block Hunt; those plays ended with a sack for a safety and a sack fumble. Hunt's tools were obvious, but he was getting a lot of help from a porous Fresno OL. I think it was also obvious that he has some serious concerns technique-wise. I'd love to have him because Marinelli is amazing and I think he would be our DE version of Melton; but I wouldn't pick him in the 1st and maybe the 2nd.

vCash
    Ogletree please!

vCash
    Little Caesars bowl tonight 2 prospects too look out for Fisher and ILB Andrew Jackson

vCash
    Read a couple different sites compare Fisher to Joe Staley. Not sure if its because they both went to the same school or if Fisher is really that good. Probably going to have to watch tonights game to check him out

vCash
    ^Staley isn't a bad comp. I've been thinking like Chad Clifton as a comp for Fisher. Anyways, I will definitely watch tonight; but the Senior Bowl is probably where he needs to make his money. I want to see him against John Simon and some of the other Senior pass rushers that will be there.

Hopefully Michael Buchannan gets an invite.

vCash
    Eric Fisher = Jamarcus Webb 2.0 imo

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast