Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I don't understand how USC qbs keep getting rated so high.
    He's considered safe, just like Matt Ryan (which is my own personal comparison). In 2013 there isn't a Luck or an RGIII type of talent at QB. QB picks that don't go well get coaches fired. So, the safest of the QBs gets pushed up. USC is a pro style program so Barkely is the safest prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    He's considered safe, just like Matt Ryan (which is my own personal comparison). In 2013 there isn't a Luck or an RGIII type of talent at QB. QB picks that don't go well get coaches fired. So, the safest of the QBs gets pushed up. USC is a pro style program so Barkely is the safest prospect.
    I do see some Luck esque traits in Barkley though. He does have the ability to put a ball to only where the receiver can get and many times he will throw the ball to a covered receiver to a point that allows the receiver to create separation and get open.

He isn't as good as Luck but like you said he's a safe prospect.

vCash
    BCB, where would you rank Dion Jordan on your list of DE's?

vCash
    I know this is a typical Wisconsin homer type of question BCB but where you got Monte Ball? In your rankings and projected round at this point??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    BCB, where would you rank Dion Jordan on your list of DE's?
    I'm not sure tbh. There is a reason I stopped at 5 players, and it was because sorting out all of the pass rushes was getting to be hell. lol There are just so many pass rushes potentially in this class. I could just keep rattling off names.

Guys I like and that I've seen graded high initially in addition to the 5 I listed goes on for a while: Jackson Jeffercoat from Texas could be a top 12 pick; Bjoern Werner and Brandon Jenkins both have initial 1st Rd grades initially IMO; William Gholston from Michigan St is an intriguing talent that could rise like Chandler Jones; Michael Buchanan from Illinois is in Jordan's range IMO. Right now, because of the depth of pass rushers and that he isn't very big, I would have Jordan as a value in the mid rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I know this is a typical Wisconsin homer type of question BCB but where you got Monte Ball? In your rankings and projected round at this point??
    TBH, the only knocks (concerns) that I have with Ball are that he plays for Wisconsin and he has a lot of carries on his body already. It is tough to decipher how much influence the Wisconsin system, which has churned out a lot of very good OL lately, has on his performance. He doesn't look like a guy that has any great tool, but also doesn't have any aspect of his game that deficient. I'd like to know if he is all of his listed 5'10" and 210. Right now, I think he would be a top 75 prospect with a Rd2/3 grade on him.

I considered him with Le'Veon Bell for the 5th spot.

vCash
    TBH, the only knocks (concerns) that I have with Ball are that he plays for Wisconsin and he has a lot of carries on his body already. It is tough to decipher how much influence the Wisconsin system, which has churned out a lot of very good OL lately, has on his performance. He doesn't look like a guy that has any great tool, but also doesn't have any aspect of his game that deficient. I'd like to know if he is all of his listed 5'10" and 210. Right now, I think he would be a top 75 prospect with a Rd2/3 grade on him.

I considered him with Le'Veon Bell for the 5th spot.
    Thanks for the input BCB.

I really think a lot of people are in the same boat as you are with the whole being a Wisconsin RB and all. That's definitely a red flag. It's probably because I'm a Wisconsin fan and want to see those guys do well, but I can't help but think he's a different back then the recent backs that have come out of Wisconsin. I'm interested to know if you feel that is accurate or not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Thanks for the input BCB.

I really think a lot of people are in the same boat as you are with the whole being a Wisconsin RB and all. That's definitely a red flag. It's probably because I'm a Wisconsin fan and want to see those guys do well, but I can't help but think he's a different back then the recent backs that have come out of Wisconsin. I'm interested to know if you feel that is accurate or not?
    He's definitely the best prospect of the recent Wisconsin RBs IMO; he's probably the best RB prospect out of Wisconsin since Michael Bennett. In terms of his ability my biggest question about him is if he can break tackles in the NFL like he has at the collegiate level. He doesn't look like he has much more on his frame to add any mass (not that I think he should gain any weight) to help that ability translate.

I'm not sure I feel comfortable with this comparison, but if he can translate his YAC ability to the Pros he reminds me a little of Ray Rice.
    Last edited by BCB mwat15; 05-07-2012 at 01:37 AM.

vCash
    Ball make the million dollar mistake of coming back for another year. This upcoming class of RBs are much deeper, he was coming off a great year, and he will be putting more mileage on his body for free.

vCash
    This will be continuously updated and a place to look into the future at who we could take with the 32nd over all pick!
    I doubt GB is going to trade their pick within the division.

But seriously, this is good stuff and a GREAT list at this point.

I'll be curious to see how this progresses, I think I might step back for a year. I spent way too much time on the draft this past one and still really learned nothing.

vCash
    Dude seriously? We've got a huge lull in time before theres anything new coming across. If you dont like the thread dont read or dont comment.
    haha...

I just read this... bro I'm just bustin your balls. I'm as sarcastic as they come and I BS when I'm sounding like a wise ***.

I love the whole draft process so this whole thread would be right up my alley but what I meant when I said who cares was that I think we will draft low and all the guys I really want be taken by someone else.

My bad if you took it the wrong way honey!
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Gonna be funny when not one person accurately predicts a Bears draft choice again

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Bears sellect, Marcus latimore RB SC.

By by Forte.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    ^No thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a Fitz Touissant or a Kenjon Barner though. Someone with a little more home run ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Bears sellect, Marcus latimore RB SC.

By by Forte.
    I love Marcus Lattimore, but that knee injury scares the **** outta me. I'd have to see him play again this season to determine what I think will happen with him.

vCash
    ^No thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go after a Fitz Touissant or a Kenjon Barner though. Someone with a little more home run ability.
    I saw Kenjon mocked in the 1st somewhere. I lol'd.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast