Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm just never a fan of a 1st Rd TE. They can be found elsewhere.

Gronk (Rd 2), Hernandez (Rd 4), Gates (undrafted), Witten (Rd 3), Brandon Myers (Rd 6), Graham (Rd 3), Daniels (Rd 4)

Eifert isn't a super prospect like Vernon Davis or Austin Sefarian-Jenkins.
    Telling you now, eiffett is and will be on the caliber of those guys in the nfl. He catches everything, has receiver speed and blocks with precision, but can come off that block and catch the out or curl.

I would spend a first on every guy you named. Eiffert will be jimmy graham ish

our future

vCash
    I really don't see Jimmy Graham in him. I think he will be great, but Graham is a freak of an athlete.

Plus I just don't like TE's in the first. Almost all the elite TE's weren't first round selections.

vCash
    I would love for the Bears to draft Eifert....If they didn't have so many other holes.

CB, MLB or OL.

These are the positions the bears need to be looking at in rounds 1 and 2.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    2 Alabama guys I have been thinking about:

LB C.J. Mosley: looking like a 1st rounder, quick and instinctive. Could he play the middle?

TE Mike Williams: underutilized? very dependable blocker, good hands, and athletic. Possible 4 or 5th rounder. Should be a very solid NFL player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yeah, he said that he would want to stick around for another couple years if we don't win this year. I feel terrible about it, but I almost feel like we would be getting Favre'd if we allowed that. It ****ing sucks to say it, but our defense is getting destroyed up the middle and we all know who we don't want to point the finger at

I still want us to trade down but if there is a potential stud MLB there in the 1st we have to take him, because I doubt he slips to the bottom of the 2nd.
    I hope if we trade down that it's for a pick in the 33-38 range in the 2nd round and a 3rd rounder since we don't have one.

vCash
    I've been looking in to the DEs more and more. Peppers is probably only around for another season or two. Idonije is a FA at season's end and Wootton only has another year on his contract.

Plus, this looks like an incredibly strong class of pass rushers. Haggis will like this, the guy I'm really liking is Oregon's Dion Jordan. He appears to have a similar frame to Chandler Jones (who still amazes me with how well he played), but is much more fluid. I would be happy with something like:

1. DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
    2. LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St
    4. OG Hugh Thornton, Illinois
    5. WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St
    6. QB Alex Carder, Western Michigan
    7. TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio St

This scenario would be predicated on signing an OT.

vCash
    Is Wilson a Knox-type WR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    Is Wilson a Knox-type WR?
    No, but I could have argued before the season that he was the best WR in this class. He struggled with awful QB play and scuffled with coaching staff before ultimately quitting the team because of the coaches. He's a 1st Rd talent but will go late because of the off the field stuff. In major conference football I haven't been able to find many true burners in this class.

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    No, but I could have argued before the season that he was the best WR in this class. He struggled with awful QB play and scuffled with coaching staff before ultimately quitting the team because of the coaches. He's a 1st Rd talent but will go late because of the off the field stuff. In major conference football I haven't been able to find many true burners in this class.
    That's a shame. I remember his name being up there with the better college WRs, but the more weapons Jay has the better. I don't think his issues will be a problem on this team.

It does suck that we can't find a speed WR to spread out the field, but I think we can live as long as we get a pass catcher at TE. Combine your draft with a FA of say Long and Cook Jr. and we have a successful offseason.

vCash
    ^Yeah, for mid Rd burners (like Knox, DJax, Mike Wallace, Denarius Moore, etc) this is kind of an odd class.

Bailey and Stedman from WVU are probably 2nd Rd prospects. If this Oregon St guy I'm reading about, Markus Wheaton, is really like Mike Wallace I think he could end up in Rd 2. Other than that, this class is full of possession guys I would be interested in: Jared Abrrederis from Wisconsin for example or Wilson if he fell.

vCash
    Yeah I heard about Wheaton. My friend who went to Oregon St. said he's a beast, but then again he likes Pete Carroll so you never know with him.

He gets some nice projections though. Wallace would be perfect opposite Marshall.

vCash
    Nice to see bcb on the Jordan bandwagon. That being said I don't see him being around where we pick. I could see his stock increasing during combine workouts. I like the idea of getting a pass rusher in round 1 though.

vCash
    Watched some highlights of Wheaton. He has a strikingly similar build to Wallace. He beats his corner off the jump multiple times and runs pretty crisp routes. He's also lightning quick on his cuts and stuff. Definitely see the Mike Wallace comparisons.

vCash
    I hope we dont go DE in the 1st unless its Montgomery. TE, OL, LB, CB are far bigger needs. I would love to get either Eifert, Jones, Mosely or Rhodes

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Micahel williams does look like he might be one of those guys who is a beter pass catcher than his stats lead him to be.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast