Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I highly doubt it. I'm actually expecting him back at RT at some point this season.
    I agree, no way they don't at least give him another shot at RT.

I just don't have a lot of faith that he is going to be a good Tackle in this league. I think his knee's are always going to give him a problem and I just don't think he is a good enough pass protector. I do like his potential at guard though....

I think it would be foolish to have Carimi as the bears only option at RT going into next season. That's a big part of why I am a fan of taking Matthews as well.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    I agree, no way they don't at least give him another shot at RT.

I just don't have a lot of faith that he is going to be a good Tackle in this league. I think his knee's are always going to give him a problem and I just don't think he is a good enough pass protector. I do like his potential at guard though....

I think it would be foolish to have Carimi as the bears only option at RT going into next season. That's a big part of why I am a fan of taking Matthews as well.
    I'm a fan of Matthews as well but whats the odds he's there when we pick? Not likely IMO

vCash
    Looks like we might have to trade up for Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack. Both look like top 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Looks like we might have to trade up for Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack. Both look like top 10
    When is the last time a G or C went in the top 10???

Don't get me wrong, both are great players, but neither will go in the top 15 and both of them benefit playing next to 3 other likely 1st round picks and having two likely high round RBs running behind them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    When is the last time a G or C went in the top 10???

Don't get me wrong, both are great players, but neither will go in the top 15 and both of them benefit playing next to 3 other likely 1st round picks and having two likely high round RBs running behind them.
    Jones is just as good as either Pouncey IMO. I think he will go in that range.

vCash
    Ogletree was a ****ing horse today

vCash
    Was very impressed with Ogletree & Jones in the SEC title game. I know people don't have a lot of faith in the Bears drafting O-linemen lately, but Barrett Jones looks like a guy could lock down the C position for the next 10 years, kinda like how Kreutz did for so long here. Would be very hard to pass him up if he's still on the board when we pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Was very impressed with Ogletree & Jones in the SEC title game. I know people don't have a lot of faith in the Bears drafting O-linemen lately, but Barrett Jones looks like a guy could lock down the C position for the next 10 years, kinda like how Kreutz did for so long here. Would be very hard to pass him up if he's still on the board when we pick.
    O yeah absolutely. If we draft him though I feel like they'd start him at OG for a year and let garza play out his contract.

vCash
    Jones is just as good as either Pouncey IMO. I think he will go in that range.
    I agree that Jones is as good or better than the Pouncey brothers.

Mike went at 15, but I just don't think Jones will go that high, in my opinion he will go in the 20s. Personally, I don't think he will be a standout at the combine, with shouldn't hurt his stock much, but other players will rise.

Not to mention, most teams in the top 15 don't look like they will look at C/G in the 1st.

Draft Order
    1. Kansas City Chiefs
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars
    3. Philadelphia Eagles
    4. Oakland Raiders
    5. Cleveland Browns
    6. Carolina Panthers
    7. San Diego Chargers
    8. Buffalo Bills
    9. Tennessee Titans
    10. Detroit Lions
    11. Arizona Cardinals
    12. New York Jets
    13. St. Louis Rams
    14. Miami Dolphins
    15. New Orleans Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    O yeah absolutely. If we draft him though I feel like they'd start him at OG for a year and let garza play out his contract.
    A lot depends on what happens for the rest of the year. If Gabe comes on strong for the remainder of the year, plus if Louis is retained and comes back completely healthy we could see a line of LT(dream is Long)/Louis/Garza/Gabe/Jones.

vCash
    Where is minter projected to go I haven't seen him in any mocks I've looked at

vCash
    ^Early 2nd at the latest IMO. I really want an OT, but Urlacher is just moving so poorly. Minter is going to be a stud though so I wouldn't mind that pick.

vCash
    Some of the mocks are funny. One had us taking a DT.

vCash
    Oregon State senior WR Markus Wheaton reminds Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl of Mike Wallace.

"Speed, speed, speed," Weidl said of Wheaton. "He's a guy that can stretch the field vertically or can create after the catch." Weidl does add that Wheaton is a little bit tight, but a comparison to Wallace is glowing praise for a receiver hoping to take the top off coverages.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/...markus-wheaton

Can anyone tell me more about this kid? A Mike Wallace on this team would be outstanding. Someone needs to stretch the field opposite of BMarsh.

vCash
    ^Early 2nd at the latest IMO. I really want an OT, but Urlacher is just moving so poorly. Minter is going to be a stud though so I wouldn't mind that pick.
    They mentioned during the broadcast today that Urlacher would retire if the Bears win the Super Bowl...either way I think it may be time to move on. He's just not close to the same player and probably never will be. He's a big reason why the D has struggled off and on all season with stopping the run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They mentioned during the broadcast today that Urlacher would retire if the Bears win the Super Bowl...either way I think it may be time to move on. He's just not close to the same player and probably never will be. He's a big reason why the D has struggled off and on all season with stopping the run.
    Yeah, he said that he would want to stick around for another couple years if we don't win this year. I feel terrible about it, but I almost feel like we would be getting Favre'd if we allowed that. It ****ing sucks to say it, but our defense is getting destroyed up the middle and we all know who we don't want to point the finger at

I still want us to trade down but if there is a potential stud MLB there in the 1st we have to take him, because I doubt he slips to the bottom of the 2nd.

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast