Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mel Kiper said he'd be a mid-round pick. It's too bad he got injured, he had a chance to finish with 400 tackles in his career.

vCash
    What makes Jones so sexy (to me) is his footwork and general posture. If you want to teach a kid how to place their feet on the field and in what body position they should be in, Barrett Jones is a great OL to look at from that perspective.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    That play that Ogletree just made is why I want him to be the pick to replace Urlacher. He just got a pick 40 yards down the field. He has the size and speed to be a very good MLB in the cover 2.

vCash
    I would love having Ogletree and Rambo on the Bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Mel Kiper said he'd be a mid-round pick. It's too bad he got injured, he had a chance to finish with 400 tackles in his career.
    Yeah it sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I would love having Ogletree and Rambo on the Bears.
    I'd love Ogletree and while he may not be a better player than Te'o, he's probably the better fit for the Tampa 2.

Rambo doesn't make much sense though with Major looking like he's figured it out and Conte being rock solid. This may be the first time in Lovie's tenure that the Bears don't have to burn a pick on a Safety.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'd love Ogletree and while he may not be a better player than Te'o, he's probably the better fit for the Tampa 2.

Rambo doesn't make much sense though with Major looking like he's figured it out and Conte being rock solid. This may be the first time in Lovie's tenure that the Bears don't have to burn a pick on a Safety.
    Do you think he can be an elite ILB though?

For me personally, if we don't plan on trading up for Manti, I'd like to think that O-line and DE are the two positions we look at with our first two picks. O-line for obvious reasons, and with DE, given how historically deep this draft is at that position and Peppers already showing signs of declining, we need to look to hit that position before it becomes a glaring issue.

vCash
    I haven't talk about him since last years draft and it's not a need, but Kenjon Barner would be fun to watch every Sunday in a Bears uniform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

I totally agree with you about Ogletree. And with Rambo, I was just saying it would be nice to have, not that he is a huge need. If he happened to be there in say the 4th round, he would be a great value pick, for depth and special teams. Our depth at safety isn't that great. I'm seeing Rambo projected as a 3rd-4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Do you think he can be an elite ILB though?

For me personally, if we don't plan on trading up for Manti, I'd like to think that O-line and DE are the two positions we look at with our first two picks. O-line for obvious reasons, and with DE, given how historically deep this draft is at that position and Peppers already showing signs of declining, we need to look to hit that position before it becomes a glaring issue.
    I am not at all thinking DE needs to be a point of emphasis in this draft. I can't remember if Izzy signed for just one year, but even if he did, he will be resigned. I am not sure what decline you are talking about, Peppers is still dominating large portions of each game. He and Melton are 2 of the main reasons this defense is doing what it is doing.

At this moment I haven't looked at the Bears cap situation for next season, but I have to think that their top 2 FA targets right now are Ryan Clady from DEN and Branden Albert from KC. IF they can sign one of them in FA, then the draft needs to LB at the top of the list. Urlacher is in so much more of a decline than Peppers it isn't even funny.

My draft right now would look like this

Rd1- Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
    Rd2- Travis Frederick G/C Wisconsin

vCash
    I personally think in order to get Ogletree, we will have to trade up. A team like the Ravens, Ray replacement, or GB, Hawk replacement, will take him before he falls to us.

If we are doing to trade up for a MLB, might as well put all our chips in and get the elite prospect in Te'o.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    I personally think in order to get Ogletree, we will have to trade up. A team like the Ravens, Ray replacement, or GB, Hawk replacement, will take him before he falls to us.

If we are doing to trade up for a MLB, might as well put all our chips in and get the elite prospect in Te'o.
    Agreed ..... But for some reason I don't see us going all in for te'o even though I really want us to. I can also see us trade back with a desperate team like maybe the jets to add future picks ... Maybe trade our first for there second and a future second ( or if they are really desperate a future similar to the pats saints ingram trade)

With this trade back We probably target skov as the lb to replace urlacher and just get depth for our secondary, oline, and possibly a te

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post

I honestly don't think Ogletree can play in a 3-4. He isn't the downhill thumper that 3-4 teams need their LBs to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I am not at all thinking DE needs to be a point of emphasis in this draft. I can't remember if Izzy signed for just one year, but even if he did, he will be resigned.
    With our defensive scheme, DE always has to be a need going into the draft. ESPECIALLY, in a historically deep DE draft like this one. And Izzy, isn't that young either.

I am not sure what decline you are talking about, Peppers is still dominating large portions of each game. He and Melton are 2 of the main reasons this defense is doing what it is doing.
    False. Peppers has been very average this season. Granted, it doesn't matter much with the depth we have, and it has much to do with his platar fasciitis. However, we are winning because of our general depth at the D-line, Briggs and Tillman. Peppers isn't the main reason for our success like in 2010. He has been very inconsistent this season and we need to look at the future.

Look at his PFF rating if you don't believe me which is at right around 0 (i.e. average).

vCash
    If we are going to add a pass rusher i would like to see us trade down so we can address multiple positions along with an area where we already have alot of depth like dline. we trade our first for a second and a third

2nd- Chase Thomas DE Stanford - Similar prospect to Shea, looks the high motor type of player Emery likes. Could provide alot of versitlity to our Defense.
    2nd - Shayne Skov ILB Stanford - could be our future MLB with the right mentoring from number 54.
    3rd -Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina- high ranked OT coming into the season just had an injury and is going to miss the rest of the yr, I see him falling to the 3rd. Could be a good interior linemen as well if we need to kick him inside
    4th- Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State - underrated corner in this draft, good hands, physical, good tackler, and tries to cause turn overs.
    5th- Gabe Ikard, G/C, Oklahoma - provides some depth on the Oline could be a good player with proper coaching.
    6th- Baker Steinkuhler, DT/DE, Nebraska- great size and speed could be a steal at this pick.

*** We address better OT and TE in free agency****
    Last edited by nabster26; 11-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    I'm actually really curious about Dallas Thomas. Given that he was with KC who used a 1st on a college OG who moved to OT, I wonder what his thoughts were on that. I don't think we was with KC at that point but he has seen a player make that transition recently.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast