Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I really hope we don't take a TE in the first. Given how the FA class is as far as TE's go, I'd definitely rather we pick up someone that can make a huge difference, say a LB or O-lineman.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    This TE class has some nice value in the later rounds 4-6. Matt Bowen on the score yesterday said he is really impressed with the TE prospects that should be available in those rounds. But I also want another TE in free agency.

Right now, these are the players that I think may be available at 20 that I would want to take in order. (This is even if there is a chance they are available)

1. Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan- I doubt he is available with Lewan and Matthews going back to school. But should be ready to start day 1 at LT.

2. Alec Ogletree MLB Georgia- I think he will be available and this is who I want the Bears to take in the first. He may shoot up the draft boards after the combine and not be available, but I'm hoping not.

3. Chance Warmack OG Alabama- Maybe the best and most ready OL in this draft, but OG just don't normally go until the middle to late first round. Would fit at LG and stay there for a long time.

4. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri- This is ONLY if Henry Melton leaves in FA or is tagged and traded. If Melton is brought back, then he is crossed off the list.

5. Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina- Another very good NFL ready OG that could start from day 1 at LG and be there for a long time. Could also replace Garza at center.

6. Barrett Jones OL Alabama- I personally think you can trade back and get Jones later in the first. But I think he could play anywhere on the OL, but most teams will want him at OC/OG. But he played great at LT just 2 seasons ago.

7. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma- Had a mixed Senior Bowl, but has great size and athleticism, but needs to add strength. Still would be a better option at LT to start the season than the terrible J'Marcus Webb.\

8. Kevin Minter MLB LSU- Above average speed with solid coverage skills that can fill the hole and make the tackle. Would be a good replacement for Urlacher in the middle of this defense.

I know, I know, I DON'T want Manti Te'o. I think he is overrated as a MLB. The only way I would take him is if they were to go OL in the first and he was still available in the 2nd round.

vCash
    TBH, Unless you are drafting Austin Sefarian-Jenkins next April I'm not sure there is ever a reason to go TE in RD 1. Even with the success of Gronk, Hernandez, Graham, and Tony G. in 2011 no TEs went in the first last April and only 2 went in the 1st 3 Rds. The value of TE is in the middle rounds.

vCash
    Exactly BCB, although ASJ would be ****ing sexy as hell.

vCash
    7. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma- Had a mixed Senior Bowl, but has great size and athleticism, but needs to add strength. Still would be a better option at LT to start the season than the terrible J'Marcus Webb.\
    Wait, who said he had an average Senior Bowl? Everything I've read is that he has been outstanding. Only Eric Fisher has been better from what I've read.

vCash
    Not so much mixed, but I watched quite a bit of it, especially the OL vs. DL drills. He struggled against the bull rush quite a bit. But did very good against the speed rushers overall. I mean he cemented himself as the #3 OT prospect behind Joeckel and Fisher. But Fisher was just so much better overall it may have made Johnson look a little worse in my eyes. I think he is more of an end of the first round compared to the middle where the Bears pick.

vCash
    In the next month, he really needs to work on the bull rush. I could see him being the pick at 20 if they value LT ahead of MLB.

vCash
    Well there is a difference I would think... Fisher moved himself into top 10 consideration with his Senior Bowl showing, while Johnson moved into mid-first round status.

Johnson needs to add strength and weight for the pro game, but he is very athletic and should be an instant upgrade in pass-protection.

vCash
    Oh yeah big difference, but I wouldn't be mad at all if Lane Johnson is the pick at 20. I want Ogletree, but OL is probably the biggest need on this team.

vCash
    Honestly, I will stick to my guns with saying this. Lane Johnson is overrated and I personally don't see him having anything but a mediocre career in te NFL.

Also, most OU prospects don't do much in the NFL minus AP, Lofton, and Roy Williams/ Tommy Harris (for a few years).
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Oh yeah big difference, but I wouldn't be mad at all if Lane Johnson is the pick at 20. I want Ogletree, but OL is probably the biggest need on this team.
    I think OL is a big need, but I think we address OT in FA and draft a guard in the first few picks. Personally I would love to see LB in the first and OL in the 2nd.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Yeah that is what I have been saying, I know you want Te'o, personally I want Ogletree. But we have the same idea.

I would like one of the OT in FA and draft

Rd1- Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
    Rd2- DJ Fluker OT/OG Alabama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    I think OL is a big need, but I think we address OT in FA and draft a guard in the first few picks. Personally I would love to see LB in the first and OL in the 2nd.
    I'm with you on this one. OL is an immediate need, so I would prefer to sign a decent LT and try to build the defense through the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. OL is an immediate need, so I would prefer to sign a decent LT and try to build the defense through the draft.
    Just has to be a starter. We can't reach in the first for anyone who isn't a starter. That's why most like Barrett, you can get him late in the first and he will start. A LT late in first is never a slam dunk starter

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Just has to be a starter. We can't reach in the first for anyone who isn't a starter. That's why most like Barrett, you can get him late in the first and he will start. A LT late in first is never a slam dunk starter
    Duane Brown

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast