Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    That's a shame. I remember his name being up there with the better college WRs, but the more weapons Jay has the better. I don't think his issues will be a problem on this team.

It does suck that we can't find a speed WR to spread out the field, but I think we can live as long as we get a pass catcher at TE. Combine your draft with a FA of say Long and Cook Jr. and we have a successful offseason.
    It seems like the Raiders always have plenty of speed receivers. Whatever happened to that Streetor kid from Miami last year? He was fast and tall. Oh, he went to the Ravens where he is seeing no clock, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    It seems like the Raiders always have plenty of speed receivers. Whatever happened to that Streetor kid from Miami last year? He was fast and tall. Oh, he went to the Ravens where he is seeing no clock, I guess.
    Yes, Ravens. He is stuck behind Smith, Boldin, Jacoby Jones, and Tandon Doss. I haven't found many size/speed guys like that yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Yes, Ravens. He is stuck behind Smith, Boldin, Jacoby Jones, and Tandon Doss. I haven't found many size/speed guys like that yet.
    I had hoped Devin Thomas would have done some nice things here, but he quit on us. I don't like quitters. I was high on Rachal until he quit.

vCash
    I want oline hell and lots of it. I would like Zach Ertz in the second if he was available and the Bears got some oline help in free agency.

vCash
    I've been looking in to the DEs more and more. Peppers is probably only around for another season or two. Idonije is a FA at season's end and Wootton only has another year on his contract.

Plus, this looks like an incredibly strong class of pass rushers. Haggis will like this, the guy I'm really liking is Oregon's Dion Jordan. He appears to have a similar frame to Chandler Jones (who still amazes me with how well he played), but is much more fluid. I would be happy with something like:

1. DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
    2. LB Gerald Hodges, Penn St
    4. OG Hugh Thornton, Illinois
    5. WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St
    6. QB Alex Carder, Western Michigan
    7. TE Jake Stoneburner, Ohio St

This scenario would be predicated on signing an OT.
    I might be a little biased because I am a Penn State fan, but I think Hodges is going to be a very good player. PSU knows how to prepare LB's for the next level and Hodges is a good one.

He kind of reminds me of NaVorro Bowman. I got to watch both of them alot at PSU and they really remind me of one another.

Both are very atheltic and play quick. They are roughly around the same size coming out of college as well.

If Hodges even turns out to be 50% of what Bowman is, you have a starter for a very long time.
    J-Load is back!

vCash
    Gerald Hodges is an absolute beast. I hope we can get Cooper in the 1st and Hodges in the 2nd.

vCash
    I've got some time now. Bowl matchups:

Best Game (Non-BCS): Chick-fil-A Bowl- LSU vs Clemson
    The LSU defense against one of the most potent offenses in the country led by Tajh Boyd. Lots of NFL talent on the field for this one. The underrated matchup here is Clemson OC Dalton Freeman against LSU 1st Rd talent Bennie Logan.

Best Game (BCS): Sugar Bowl- Florida vs Louisville
    I'm excluding the National Championship Game. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB prospect in the country. His matchup against the Florida D loaded with NFL talent will be his best test to date.

Top 5 Prospect Matchups-

1. Alabama OC Barrett Jones vs ND NT Louis Nix
    Two 1st Rd players in the trenches. Both can solidify their 1st Rd standing with a strong showing.

2. Oregon Running Game vs Kansas St LB Arthur Brown
    Brown is an undersized LB in the Lance Briggs mold. This game can help him in a relatively strong LB class.

3. Michigan OT Taylor Lewan vs South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
    Clowney is already the consensus top player in the 2014 Draft. Playing well here will help Lewan erase the memory of his struggles against Alabama.

4. North Carolina St CB David Amerson vs Vanderbilt WR Jordan Matthews
    Amerson had a rough year after entering the season as the #1 rated CB and DB. In this matchup he gets one of the more underrated WR prospects in the country in Jordan Matthews.

5. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater vs Florida D
    I mentioned this above, but Bridgewater is the best QB in CFB. But, playing in the Big East he has not faced many stiff defenses. Here he will get his first look at an NFL D.

vCash
    I dont follow college fb much. Any of the LBs look like a replacement for lach?

on a side note I would like to vote for Jordon Rules Signature for hot signature chick of the month award.
    Last edited by sdrobert; 12-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    I dont follow college fb much. Any of the LBs look like a replacement for lach?

on a side note I would like to vote for Jordon Rules Signature for hot signature chick of the month award.
    Dude named manti. Heard he is decent

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Dude named manti. Heard he is decent

Yea i've heard good things about him

vCash
    Ogletree > Te'o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Ogletree > Te'o
    Not in our D. Manti is a vocal leader and intelligent leader great lateral speed a bit undersized but he fits this D to a T IMO. Ogletree is a great talent no doubt and maybe a better football player ,but he's not a better Chicago Bear

vCash
    I've got some time now. Bowl matchups:

Best Game (Non-BCS): Chick-fil-A Bowl- LSU vs Clemson
    The LSU defense against one of the most potent offenses in the country led by Tajh Boyd. Lots of NFL talent on the field for this one. The underrated matchup here is Clemson OC Dalton Freeman against LSU 1st Rd talent Bennie Logan.

Best Game (BCS): Sugar Bowl- Florida vs Louisville
    I'm excluding the National Championship Game. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB prospect in the country. His matchup against the Florida D loaded with NFL talent will be his best test to date.

Top 5 Prospect Matchups-

1. Alabama OC Barrett Jones vs ND NT Louis Nix
    Two 1st Rd players in the trenches. Both can solidify their 1st Rd standing with a strong showing.

2. Oregon Running Game vs Kansas St LB Arthur Brown
    Brown is an undersized LB in the Lance Briggs mold. This game can help him in a relatively strong LB class.

3. Michigan OT Taylor Lewan vs South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
    Clowney is already the consensus top player in the 2014 Draft. Playing well here will help Lewan erase the memory of his struggles against Alabama.

4. North Carolina St CB David Amerson vs Vanderbilt WR Jordan Matthews
    Amerson had a rough year after entering the season as the #1 rated CB and DB. In this matchup he gets one of the more underrated WR prospects in the country in Jordan Matthews.

5. Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater vs Florida D
    I mentioned this above, but Bridgewater is the best QB in CFB. But, playing in the Big East he has not faced many stiff defenses. Here he will get his first look at an NFL D.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    Not in our D. Manti is a vocal leader and intelligent leader great lateral speed a bit undersized but he fits this D to a T IMO. Ogletree is a great talent no doubt and maybe a better football player ,but he's not a better Chicago Bear
    Ogletree > manti.

Is close to the most insulting thing to the world I've ever heard.

Manti could come out to be the best ever. #truth.

He is the next urlacher, his intangibles are a 20 out if 10. He is the answer

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Ogletree > manti.

Is close to the most insulting thing to the world I've ever heard.

Manti could come out to be the best ever. #truth.

He is the next urlacher, his intangibles are a 20 out if 10. He is the answer

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast