Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

BCB's 2013 Prospect Watch

These are my very early rankings off of the film I watched for this year's draft.

Quarterbacks
    1. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
    2. Matt Barkley, USC
    3. Tyler Bray, Tennessee
    4. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech
    5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Comment: This class lacks the elite talent of a Luck or even the upside of an RGIII. But, this class has more depth. Right now there are 7 QBs that I would give round 1 or 2 grades.

Runningbacks
    1. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
    2. Kniles Davis, Arkansas
    3. Michael Dyer, Arkansas St
    4. Michael Ford, LSU
    5. Le’Veon Bell, Michigan St

Comment: This might be the best RB class since 2008. Again, this class doesn’t have a TRich/AP talent but a lot of 1st/2nd Rd talent.

Wide Receiver
    1. Robert Woods, USC
    2. Marquess Wilson, Washington St
    3. Keenan Allen, Cal
    4. Terrance Williams, Baylor
    5. Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

Comment: The offensive skill positions in this class have the potential to be very deep. All 5 of these players have #1 WR upside. The class doesn’t have an AJ Green talent but I like Woods as a prospect much more than Blackmon.

Tight End
    1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    2. Jake Stoneburner, Ohio St
    3. Jordan Reed, Florida
    4. Phillip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn
    5. Michael Williams, Alabama

Comment: I don’t know that I consider this a good TE class. I like Tyler Eifer and Stoneburner (I was tempted to put him at 1). I think Reed has a lot of upside as a pass catcher. But, the class falls off quickly IMO.

Offensive Tackle
    1. DJ Fluker, Alabama
    2. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
    3. Oday Aboushi, Virginia
    4. Chris Faulk, LSU
    5. Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

Comment: This is a pretty talented OT class. The first 4 could all be legit LTs in the NFL IMO. Joeckel could end up at #1 overall on my board if he performs well with Texas A&M’s move to the SEC.

Offensive Guard
    1. Barrett Jones, Alabama
    2. Larry Warford, Kentucky
    3. Omoregie Uzzi, Georgia Tech
    4. Chance Warmack, Alabama
    5. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

Comment: Guards are one of the hardest positions to evaluate IMO. Barrett Jones is moving to OC this season for Alabama. But, I still think his best position in the NFL will be at OG.

Center
    1. Khaled Holmes, USC
    2. Graham Pocic, Illinois
    3. Dalton Freeman, Clemson
    4. Ben Habern, Oklahoma
    5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Comment: I’ll be completely honest; beyond Pocic I haven’t watched a ton of film on any OC yet for this class. This list is pieced together with decent influence from what I read around the internet.

Defensive End/Rush LB
    1. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
    2. Sam Montgomery, LSU
    3. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
    4. Sean Porter, Texas A&M
    5. Alex Okafor, Texas

Comment: This is the deepest and best position group in this class IMO, by far. I could have gone 10 deep or more with quality pass rushing prospects. Jarvis Jones will start the season as my #1 overall prospect.

Defensive Tackle
    1. Kawann Short, Purdue
    2. Star Lotulelei, Utah
    3. John Simon, Ohio St
    4. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
    5. Johnathon Hankins, Ohio St

Comment: This class is on par or maybe slightly better than this past draft’s DT crop. Lots of upside in this group, but there is a lot of risk as well outside of Short IMO.

Linebacker
    1. Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
    2. CJ Mosely, Alabama
    3. Tom Wort, Oklahoma
    4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
    5. Jelani Jenkins, Florida

Comment: I love Te’o as a prospect. But, I don’t think any of these other LBs stand out as a top 20 prospect though. It is a deep class however.

Cornerback
    1. David Amerson, North Carolina St
    2. Johnathon Banks, Mississippi St
    3. Xavier Rhodes, Florida St
    4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
    5. Micah Hyde, Iowa

Comment: This is a very good CB class. Amerson and Banks are both top 15 prospects IMO. If Rhodes continues to improve he could end up in the top 15 as well.

Safety
    1. Robert Lester, Alabama
    2. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia
    3. Eric Reid, LSU
    4. TJ McDonald, USC
    5. Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma

Comment: This is a much better Safety class than last year. I would have taken either of Lester or Rambo over Barron this season. It could be affected though if Rambo ends up in the Supplemental Draft for off the field issues.
    This will be continuously updated and a place to look into the future at who we could take with the 32nd over all pick!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I know there was a rumor that Bacari rambo could declare for the suplemental draft, I love him as a player, but with us drafting brandon hardin I doubt we pursue him.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I know there was a rumor that Bacari rambo could declare for the suplemental draft, I love him as a player, but with us drafting brandon hardin I doubt we pursue him.
    we could and just have Hardin play CB. He'd fit as a CB in the tampa 2

vCash
    Who cares?
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    Who cares?
    Dude seriously? We've got a huge lull in time before theres anything new coming across. If you dont like the thread dont read or dont comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Dude seriously? We've got a huge lull in time before theres anything new coming across. If you dont like the thread dont read or dont comment.
    haha...

I just read this... bro I'm just bustin your balls. I'm as sarcastic as they come and I BS when I'm sounding like a wise ***.

I love the whole draft process so this whole thread would be right up my alley but what I meant when I said who cares was that I think we will draft low and all the guys I really want be taken by someone else.

My bad if you took it the wrong way honey!
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Bowdown more like Debbie Downer!

vCash
    Even the Arkansas homer in me doesn't believe Tyler Wilson is a better pro prospect than Matt Barkley and he may not be better than Tyler Bray either. I would safely list him as the #2 QB though for now. This season will be very telling for him since he no longer has Jarius Wright & Joe Adams to throw to...the only receiver with any sort of experience returning is Cobi Hamilton. I do believe Tyler will make a good, solid pro QB, but his upside may be a bit more limited than both Barkley & Bray.

And it's Nile Davis, not Niles (this isn't Frasier). Anyway, he looks to be fully recovered from his ACL injury and ran a sub 4.4 early this spring. It wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ahead of Lattimore with a big season. This would be a good draft to address RB if Forte is only around for 1-2 more years.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-03-2012 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Even the Arkansas homer in me doesn't believe Tyler Wilson is a better pro prospect than Matt Barkley and he may not be better than Tyler Bray either. I would safely list him as the #2 QB though for now. This season will be very telling for him since he no longer has Jarius Wright & Joe Adams to throw to...the only receiver with any sort of experience returning is Cobi Hamilton. I do believe Tyler will make a good, solid pro QB, but his upside may be a bit more limited than both Barkley & Bray.

And it's Nile Davis, not Niles (this isn't Frasier). Anyway, he looks to be fully recovered from his ACL injury and ran a sub 4.4 early this spring. It wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ahead of Lattimore with a big season. This would be a good draft to address RB if Forte is only around for 1-2 more years.
    I'm just not a Barkley fan. Wilson might not have the upside of a Bray but I think he has more than Barkley from what I've seen and he is safer than Bray. But, I'll defer to you on that one as you have seen more of him than me.

... and dammit. I looked it up a bunch of times and I still added the "s". Anyways, it is good to hear that he is healthy. If he stays healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all if he jumps Lattimore. I would love to replace Forte with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm just not a Barkley fan. Wilson might not have the upside of a Bray but I think he has more than Barkley from what I've seen and he is safer than Bray. But, I'll defer to you on that one as you have seen more of him than me.

... and dammit. I looked it up a bunch of times and I still added the "s". Anyways, it is good to hear that he is healthy. If he stays healthy I wouldn't be surprised at all if he jumps Lattimore. I would love to replace Forte with him.
    I guess one other criticism of Wilson is that he seemed to **** the bed when it mattered...at least against both Alabama & LSU. He had some killer interceptions that completely changed the momentum and Arkansas never got it back. That would worry me as he transitions to the pros.

I do think he can be a solid starter for a long time, but I'm not convinced that he's a Franchise QB or anything like that. I'm not even sure there is one in this draft.

The RB's in this draft are ridiculous though...I'd be happy with either one of Davis or Dyer (reminds me a bit of MJD) with a late 1st as a replacement for Forte.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-04-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Barkley and Woods are going to light it up this upcoming season. Both might go as early as top 5 of the draft, definitely top 10.

vCash
    Jarvis Jones

vCash
    We'll be picking 32nd in 2013, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    We'll be picking 32nd in 2013, right?
    Read the first post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Read the first post
    How the hell did I miss that??