Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    The Flyers should move to another station. I've turned on WIP while driving home from playoff games only to hear the WIP hosts talking about the Phillies. The Phillies in April? Give me a break. After the Flyers beat the Penguins in the fight filled game three WIP had Ricky Ricardo on talking about the mediocre Phillies. That's not right.
    So wait.. is there a difference between WIP and 94.1? Or are we talking about 610 WIP? I was listening to the Flyers on 94.1 for game 5. Is that only because the Phillies didn't start until 10 PM that night?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    i laughed when I saw people speculating it was a Pronger retirement. You gotta be kidding me, like Homer would ever even consider that. Way too many people on twitter actually thought there was a chance.

I loved the Sam Carchidi speculation that the Flyers were trading Steve Coates and a case of beer for Doc Emrick
    Love to get Emrick back haha

Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    So wait.. is there a difference between WIP and 94.1? Or are we talking about 610 WIP? I was listening to the Flyers on 94.1 for game 5. Is that only because the Phillies didn't start until 10 PM that night?
    Flyers were relegated to 610 WIP at times when The Phils were being broadcast on 94.1 WIP...I'm sure Snider didn't like that.

Pretty sure if a Phils game is on it's on 94.1, while Flyers would have been on 610. Probably something that was in The Phils Contract.
    Last edited by Dark Donnie; 04-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randall stevens View Post
    i loved the sam carchidi speculation that the flyers were trading steve coates and a case of beer for doc emrick
    lol
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    When I turned on WIP after the game they had Ricky Ricardo on both 94 and 610.

vCash
    LOL Even if Pronger knew his decision they would not do something like that right in the middle of a playoff run. I think the Flyers are a very "karma" driven team for one reason or another. Personally I have no clue why but I think it came to life when Richards pulled a Richard move and touched the POW Trophy.

Think lesson was learned then. They would not make any type of annoucement like that regarding a player or a Cpt change as the "hockey gods" might not like that.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    When there aren't any games on they usually broadcast the same stuff.. then when theres a game or 2 on the stations have different content

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    LOL Even if Pronger knew his decision they would not do something like that right in the middle of a playoff run. I think the Flyers are a very "karma" driven team for one reason or another. Personally I have no clue why but I think it came to life when Richards pulled a Richard move and touched the POW Trophy.

Think lesson was learned then. They would not make any type of annoucement like that regarding a player or a Cpt change as the "hockey gods" might not like that.
    its not because of that. It's because if he retires, due to his age, his salary will count against the cap.

If he stays on the team, and they just put him on long term injured reserve, their cap goes up by his salary.

Pronger announcing retirement would basically take 5 million away from our cap. never gonna happen.

vCash
    ^^Yeah no way he retires until his contract with us is up.. the Flyers would never allow that

vCash
    ok, so again, i apologize if i got anyone amped up. someone says something on twitter about an announcement and won't say anything til like 3 hours later, figured it was a big deal.

whatever.

think it's safe to say we can close this thread.

vCash
    What sucks for all of us down here on the southern tip of NJ is that NEITHER station comes in clearly enough to listen to a damn game.

97.3 ESPN out of Atlantic City has a good midday host (Mike Gill), but everything else is ESPN boilerplate shows and the only Philly team they carry is the Eagles.

Like the station, but they need to step up and get the Flyers on.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillysPhinest View Post
    ^^Yeah no way he retires until his contract with us is up.. the Flyers would never allow that
    When is his contract up?
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12