Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._atl_rosenthal

Jon Gruden preparing to return to Coaching?

vCash
    Sounds like if it's true it will not be the Browns since it says the perfect opp and a big market job which neither fits us.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Unless Jimmy is that good of a salesmen the only Gruden that is coming here next year will be Jay. I honestly believe it will be either a college coach (David Shaw or Chip Kelly I would like) or an assistant. No big name experienced coach is going to come to this young and far off from contending job with the likes of San Diego and Philadelphia probably looking for HC's next offseason.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I disagree with your view on Cribbs' comments. Personally, I see a guy who has shown his frustration over the past few weeks with how he's being used in the offense. He wants more playing time and he wants to get the ball in his hands. When Colt was at quarterback Cribbs had a career year. When I hear Cribbs talk these days it seems like he's looking out for what is best for himself rather than what is best for our team.

Now, would Colt have been more successful as our QB week 1? Definitely. I'll agree with that. However, the difference in upside between Colt and Weeden is night and day. Weeden is our QB. Colt had his opportunity and his inability to throw the deep ball and his lack of arm strength made our offense easy to defend. Weeden had a bad game yesterday, there's no question about that. He had a rookie game which is tough to see when he's a 29 year old rookie. A guy in his situation needs to have success right away. I get that. But I think Weeden has shown enough thus far to prove he's a better option than Colt and that he deserves to be our QB next year as well.
    Hey, I'm with you man. I never Colt was better that Weeden.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I wish I could never hear Pat speak ever again.
    It's all about PROGRESS!!!!!!PROGRESS!!!! Not wins, but.....PROGRESS!!!
    -Pat
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    Hey, I'm with you man. I never Colt was better that Weeden.
    I didn't intend to make it look like you did, sorry about that. I was just talking about why I think Cribbs made those comments and how he had a bias in what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    It's all about PROGRESS!!!!!!PROGRESS!!!! Not wins, but.....PROGRESS!!!
    -Pat
    Reported for bating

Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I didn't intend to make it look like you did, sorry about that. I was just talking about why I think Cribbs made those comments and how he had a bias in what he said.
    Reported for making me angry with that sig hahaha.

vCash
    Browns new CEO Joe Banner acknowledged that he and owner Jimmy Haslam will decide over the rest of the season if Brandon Weeden is the quarterback of the future.
    "It's right to put Brandon on the list of important things we have to figure out and we have seven games left to do that," Banner said. "It's an extremely important question for this organization to get right ... You can't win big without a great coach and a great quarterback." Weeden has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that he has an NFL arm, but his decision-making, accuracy, and pocket presence have been spotty. At 2-7, the Browns will likely have a high enough pick to draft a premium prospect at the position.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

I don't see how you don't keep Weeds for at least the 2013 season. The only prospect that I can see coming out next year that would be better than him is Geno Smith but it seems that he would still be a work in progress where it would take him about 2-3 years to master the NFL. Also while he does have a very good arm he has struggled this year in windy situations ie. the Tech game where afterwards he even came out and said the wind was really affect him. If the wind is affecting him in Lubbock, TX then I would be afraid to see what it does in Cleveland. It seems that Weeden is just going thru rookie growing pains which most rookies do but since guys like Andrew Luck and RG3 are doing so well they expect that from every rookie QB. I think the team would see a huge difference in Weeden if he had a security blanket like Reggie Wayne that he could target 9-12 times a game. RG3 is just a freak IMO so you can't really compare him with anybody.

The FO if they are smart should realize that they need a lot more on this team right now than using another first round pick on a QB. Let Weeden get another training camp under his belt hopefully with the right coach that could put him in better situations to succeed, a possession WR that can be targeted 8 times a game every game and I think he could succeed in the NFL. Also I wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran QB with whatever offense they run next year knowledge of to mentor up Weeden. Yes he is 29 but I think that really helps QB's that are getting their first experience in the league. I remember how much affect Dehlomme had on McCoy his rookie year and really thought the Browns should have done a better job of helping Weeds out this year with doing something like this. Right now its the same dance they went through last year with McCoy where the players are hurting their QB, the coaches are giving him no way to succeed and the city is going to start turning on him. The only diffference is that you can clearly see that Weeden can make all the throws and now he just needs to IMO not press too much and try to do it all on his own making big plays all the time. Find the open WR's even if that is for a 5 yard gain underneath on 1st and 2nd down. If a play call comes in on 3rd down saying a FB/TE flat for 3 yards when you need 5 yards don't run it. Audible to something else because we have all seen that Watson and Smith cannot get the extra 2 yards on their own which they shouldn't be asked to do because they are not that ATHLETIC. Don't worry about getting chewed out on the sidelines because the guy will not be here next year.

vCash
    Great article regarding Chip Kelly and the Math of football. I highly recommend reading just to see the fact of how bad Shurmurs offense is. Like it or not too this is going to be the future of the NFL. Wouldn't you like to be the one setting the trends for once instead of replaying it 10 years after its past like Shurmur is doing with the WCO.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl
    Last edited by ottograham14; 11-09-2012 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    Q&A with Joe Banner (Worth a read)
    http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/...ments-1.348729

In particular:

Q: Would you prefer the coach or the general manager to have final say on roster decisions or do you not have a preference?
    A: “I think it relates to the people. I do think when you get to the 53-man roster, who’s dressing each week, who’s playing, you certainly want to give the coach an awful lot of freedom. Whatever he me contractually have, I think when you get down to that level, I think you really want to have the coach either deciding or having an overwhelming influence over it. But if you had somebody in personnel that was particularly strong and a coach was comfortable with that, you don’t have to etch that in stone. You can kind of wait and see people’s strengths and weaknesses, but I go in with a slight bias that the coach has to play a big role on those things.”

Very interesting... Banner looking for big name/Credible coach?
    Last edited by Bruzor12; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

I don't see how you don't keep Weeds for at least the 2013 season. The only prospect that I can see coming out next year that would be better than him is Geno Smith but it seems that he would still be a work in progress where it would take him about 2-3 years to master the NFL. Also while he does have a very good arm he has struggled this year in windy situations ie. the Tech game where afterwards he even came out and said the wind was really affect him. If the wind is affecting him in Lubbock, TX then I would be afraid to see what it does in Cleveland. It seems that Weeden is just going thru rookie growing pains which most rookies do but since guys like Andrew Luck and RG3 are doing so well they expect that from every rookie QB. I think the team would see a huge difference in Weeden if he had a security blanket like Reggie Wayne that he could target 9-12 times a game. RG3 is just a freak IMO so you can't really compare him with anybody.

The FO if they are smart should realize that they need a lot more on this team right now than using another first round pick on a QB. Let Weeden get another training camp under his belt hopefully with the right coach that could put him in better situations to succeed, a possession WR that can be targeted 8 times a game every game and I think he could succeed in the NFL. Also I wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran QB with whatever offense they run next year knowledge of to mentor up Weeden. Yes he is 29 but I think that really helps QB's that are getting their first experience in the league. I remember how much affect Dehlomme had on McCoy his rookie year and really thought the Browns should have done a better job of helping Weeds out this year with doing something like this. Right now its the same dance they went through last year with McCoy where the players are hurting their QB, the coaches are giving him no way to succeed and the city is going to start turning on him. The only diffference is that you can clearly see that Weeden can make all the throws and now he just needs to IMO not press too much and try to do it all on his own making big plays all the time. Find the open WR's even if that is for a 5 yard gain underneath on 1st and 2nd down. If a play call comes in on 3rd down saying a FB/TE flat for 3 yards when you need 5 yards don't run it. Audible to something else because we have all seen that Watson and Smith cannot get the extra 2 yards on their own which they shouldn't be asked to do because they are not that ATHLETIC. Don't worry about getting chewed out on the sidelines because the guy will not be here next year.
    Yeah I'm with you here. If we waste another high pick on a QB im going to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Great article regarding Chip Kelly and the Math of football. I highly recommend reading just to see the fact of how bad Shurmurs offense is. Like it or not too this is going to be the future of the NFL. Wouldn't you like to be the one setting the trends for once instead of replaying it 10 years after its past like Shurmur is doing with the WCO.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/men-...revolution-nfl
    Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post

In particular:

Q: Would you prefer the coach or the general manager to have final say on roster decisions or do you not have a preference?
    A: “I think it relates to the people. I do think when you get to the 53-man roster, who’s dressing each week, who’s playing, you certainly want to give the coach an awful lot of freedom. Whatever he me contractually have, I think when you get down to that level, I think you really want to have the coach either deciding or having an overwhelming influence over it. But if you had somebody in personnel that was particularly strong and a coach was comfortable with that, you don’t have to etch that in stone. You can kind of wait and see people’s strengths and weaknesses, but I go in with a slight bias that the coach has to play a big role on those things.”

I sure hope he does.

vCash

http://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comme...l_percentages/

Alot of short passes but I guess thats what Shurmurs WCO is based off of. Wish I could compare this to the leagues avgs. or even other AFC North teams. 64% short passes on 3rd and long. Just ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post

In particular:

I think the biggest thing that I got out of this transcript is that it doesn't really seem like Banner is one of those guys that has to get people around him that are apart of his SO CALLED "TREE". That is where the current FO got themselves in trouble all the time that they did not think that different personalities could ever mesh and thought they had to get best friends from top to bottom saying that they were all on the "SAME PAGE". Now having everyone in synch does help but you dont have to just negate your search of personnel FO people or coaches all to the same freaking "TREE". Maybe find guys that are different that can bring different strengths to the the table no matter where or who they worked with before.

vCash
    Apparently Holmgren has interest in the Cowboys Head Coaching Job if Garrett is canned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-cowboys-job/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Apparently Holmgren has interest in the Cowboys Head Coaching Job if Garrett is canned.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-cowboys-job/
    I pray on everything that he gets that job. I think he will be exposed as his coaching style is no longer relevant in the NFL really and the amount of heat he would take because he is in Dallas would be outstanding. I also hope that lazy, fat walrus enjoys his first game here in Cleveland so we can give him the ovation he really, truly deserves.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast