Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    vCash
    http://espncleveland.com/common/more...9&post_id=7081

Per ESPN Cleveland- Tony Grossi regarding Mike Lombardi as potential GM candidate.

vCash
    I really don't want Lombardi. That's a big step back in my opinion. That Grossi article seems like him getting even with Lombardi about something. He just comes across as bitter and resentful. However, Lombardi really should not be considered. That I agree with.

vCash
    Jason LaConfora was saying the same thing on CBS Pregame regarding Lombardi but he was also saying that it would most likely be a Senior Executive position on the Personnel side and that he would work with the GM regarding the roster, development, systems, etc. Even though I don't really like Lombardi all that much, in an executive postition I think he would be a lot better than in the GM's role and from everything on Banner it would seem smart to bring in someone to help him between his relationship with the GM and himself on the personnel side.

Would not mind something like this at all:

CEO- Joe Banner
    Sr. Personnel Consultant- Michael Lombardi
    GM- Tom Heckert or Marc Ross (NY Giants)

If they keep Heckert than at least he will have Lombardi to work with to continue the build that he has started.

If they want a new GM then Ross is young and does a lot of the scouting, draft work for the NY Giants who always seem to find players.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Lombardi Denies Rumors Linking Him To Browns

New Cleveland Browns CEO (L) and owner Jimmy Haslam (R) / (Photo by John Reid, courtesy Cleveland Browns/NFL)

CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) – Since the sale of the Cleveland Browns to Jimmy Haslam was announced, rumors concerning the overhaul of the organization have been rampant.

One name that has continued to surface in relation to the Browns is Michael Lombardi.

Lombardi, who was the pro personnel director in Cleveland from 1987-1995, is currently an “NFL Insider” for NFL Network.

Over the weekend CBS Sports’ NFL insider Jason LaCanfora reported that Lombadri could be a candidate for the Browns.

Lombardi joined Baskin and Phelps Tuesday on 92.3 The Fan and said rumors of him joining the Browns at this point are speculation.

“I know nothing about it,” Lombardi said. “I appreciate Jason mentioning my name but I don’t understand where it’s coming from.”

RELATED – Audio: NFL Insider Michael Lombardi with Baskin & Phelps on 92.3 The Fan.

Mike Holmgren, as expected, has stepped aside as team president and will leave the organization at seasons end – if not sooner – with former Eagles president Joe Banner tasking over as CEO.....
    cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/10...vdrPV60.twitter

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Alex Smith is now listed as the Browns' starting fullback on their official depth chart.
    Smith goes from 6'4/258 tight end to Trent Richardson's oversized lead blocker. He showed well in the role last week when Owen Marecic was a healthy scratch.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

That should be music to everyone's ears. Thought Smith did a commendable job at FB on Sunday and it gives them a lot more looks with pre-snap movement and lineups where Smith can do a lot more motion out there than Mary Chick ever could and can also catch as seen by the first FB catch on Sunday of the year by the Browns team. Would like to see him get lower with his initial contacts and behind the line but that is pretty tough to ask with a 6'4 FB. Hope he continues to learn the position more by the week.

Coming for you Lonnie Pryor in the 2013 draft and your amazing value you would bring at FB in the WCO (If that remains intact)
    Last edited by ottograham14; 10-31-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Gotta say, I was impressed with Florida State's defense last week but watching Bama - LSU, this is a whole different league. The Browns best 2 players are from the SEC (Haden, Richardson) and there are so many good players in this year's game.

Both offensive lines are littered with first round NFL talent, Alabama's line is absolutely gross. Really impressed with guard Chance Warmack and big TE Michael Williams is strong in the running game. I'm sure Richardson wouldn't mind him blocking for him in the future.

On defense I would say I'm most impressed with Dee Miliner for Bama. Great size and agility for a cornerback and he's active in run defense. He's one of a few first round talent corners and I could see the Browns taking a look at him for sure. For LSU defensive end Sam Montgomery is showing up. He cleaned up a great coverage sack early and also recovered a crucial fumble. He's really fighting the Bama o-line though. The tackles are massive and are swallowing them up on the run game, the interior line is showing it's All American pedigree. What a game!!!

vCash
    If anyone interested, Cribbs did an interview and talked about McCoy being a better QB than Weeden. I believe it's around the 18 minute mark.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/?podca...=CBS.CLEVELAND

It makes me wonder if Weeden is truly a leader or just an ego in the locker room.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I disagree with your view on Cribbs' comments. Personally, I see a guy who has shown his frustration over the past few weeks with how he's being used in the offense. He wants more playing time and he wants to get the ball in his hands. When Colt was at quarterback Cribbs had a career year. When I hear Cribbs talk these days it seems like he's looking out for what is best for himself rather than what is best for our team.

Now, would Colt have been more successful as our QB week 1? Definitely. I'll agree with that. However, the difference in upside between Colt and Weeden is night and day. Weeden is our QB. Colt had his opportunity and his inability to throw the deep ball and his lack of arm strength made our offense easy to defend. Weeden had a bad game yesterday, there's no question about that. He had a rookie game which is tough to see when he's a 29 year old rookie. A guy in his situation needs to have success right away. I get that. But I think Weeden has shown enough thus far to prove he's a better option than Colt and that he deserves to be our QB next year as well.

vCash
    I am really starting to get tired of listening to Weeden's pressers about him seeing a defense before the snap and knowing that the D' is going to ruin the play that they are about to run. I have no idea why someone in the media has yet to ask Shurmur if he allows Weeden to audible or not but I cannot remember the last time I have seen this offense audible before the snap in a game. I guess it is possibly hard to do too though when you are getting plays called in with only 10 seconds. Why in the blue hell does Chilly even say a play just to have Shurmur think about for 10-15 seconds and then either relay it or change it. Just wasting time.

I have no problem with Shurmur staying the rest of the season so Haslam and Banner can knowingly secure themselves a top 3 pick but I would love to start seeing some more looseness from this offense.

McCoy had the same issue as well last year with Shurmur. No way this guy stays at the end of the year as he is just completely clueless and thinks he is the know all of all. Just frustrating but only 7 more games.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    You know how much money the NFL would get if they held the draft at the Q or Cleveland Browns Stadium?
    For how excited Cleveland Fans are for the draft year after year, that would sell out instantly! haha

On a serious note- I don't know how to think about keeping Shurmur on till the end of the season. I think a firing would show the players and fan base that Haslam and Banner are not here to screw around and that people holding the Browns back will be let go. However, a top 3 or 5 draft pick to start the new era would be nice. One thing is for certain- Shurmur needs to GO.

vCash
    I would love to see Spermur crap canned but Haslam said he would not make anymore coaching moves until the season is over and I think he sticks by his word.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I have no idea why someone in the media has yet to ask Shurmur if he allows Weeden to audible or not but I cannot remember the last time I have seen this offense audible before the snap in a game. I guess it is possibly hard to do too though when you are getting plays called in with only 10 seconds. Why in the blue hell does Chilly even say a play just to have Shurmur think about for 10-15 seconds and then either relay it or change it. Just wasting time..
    This is what pisses me off most about our playcalling. We leave Weeden with at most around 5-7 seconds to read and survey the defense. That is insanely tough to do and it forces him to try and read the defense while also going through his reads at the same time which explains part of why he's uncomfortable and a little late on some throws. Get the ****ing play in and let him do his job. It's not that difficult.

vCash
    30. Cleveland Browns (2-7)

This version of the Browns is more fun to watch than last year's team, which was an elevator version of "Feelings." You have to love the youth. A rookie right tackle. Two rookie receivers. A rookie running back. A 29-year-old rookie quarterback. The Browns are heading in the right direction, but this year they got carded and thrown out of the club … back into the elevator.

Arrow is pointing: up
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...s-all-32-teams

Man ESPN has been showing some future promising love to the old Brownies this year. Hopefully all this talk of them looking up in the next few years comes to frutition because right now it is tough. They even had a little comment on them on Inside the NFL I heard of saying that Jimmy will get the team a new experienced and hardnosed coach that could make the difference. Lets hope so.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Asked Tuesday about what he thinks he needs to do better, Shurmur said, "I think when I look at it I’m going to look at everything from game management to how we communicate. I’m going to look at everything. I constantly do it. I’ve got to find a way to get a little bit better in all areas, so that those games like we played Sunday become victories. Again, I made the comparison to our Baltimore game here last year. It was a huge difference, although the score wasn’t much different. There was a huge difference in the team that we put out there in my opinion this year than last year. We’ve got to find a way now to take that and get victories. That’s what we’ve got to do.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Pat Shurmur, doesn't need wins but just making sure his team doesn't get blown out one year later. This quote is just classic Shurmur. I want to start a thread of just classic dumbfounded and irrogant comments from Pat during PC's. Just keep "BATTLING" Pat.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I wish I could never hear Pat speak ever again.

props to Bee for the sig!!

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast