Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And hopefully the bad luck starts to move away from Cleveland.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I wonder why we haven't heard much about rookie camp this weekend and that no pictures were posted.

vCash
    Duh its next weekend ha.

vCash
    The rookies start up in Cleveland this upcoming week but will most of the veteran players be in town or even in the facilities? They have a lot of work to do.

vCash
    I think most if the vets outa be working out to answer yourthe question buddy.

vCash
    Boy it's died in here since the draft.

vCash
    Not much to complain about. Had a great draft. Shored up the D and O lines, picked up a lot of solid pieces inside this year which allows us to move to the outside for picks next year to pick up that 2nd stud corner and that franchise wr everyones been crying about. After this draft im willing to forget the sour feelings i got from holmgren last year. These guys obviousley have a plan and are sticking to it.
    So what some of the picks were thought to be mistakes jabaal sheard was thought to be a 4th round pick last year we took him with our second and he proved himself to be a piece we can build around for years to come you Gota respect that.cant wait for rookie camp....and then training camp ....followed by real football.
    GO BROWNIES

vCash
    I really like the additions to both of the lines as well. Schwartz has the potential to be really good on the right side. He faced some really good competition playing at Cal and he was a major part of their running game that produced Jahvid Best and Shane Vereen. Miller has potential to fight for a spot down the road and he seems to have a nasty attitude which I like to see.

The defensive line was addressed in free agency with Rucker and Parker to add depth and experience on the ends but adding the two draft picks to the interior was a good move. There is gonna be some real competition amongst those two guys and the others like Paxson and Schaefering and that can only make the depth of the defensive line stronger. Hopefully one or both of these guys proves to be a steal and fits into the rotation quite nicely.

As of now I see the wide receiver and cornerback positions as the weakest on the team. WR in general but CB in the depth department. Really hope James Dockery can take a giant step this year but that could be wishful thinking...

vCash
    I just hope someone can step up. Trevon Wade, Dockery, someone. Skrine looks like he is going to be a good reliable Nickle. Patterson needs to step up big too if they move Brown to Safety which I think they will since Adams is in Denver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I just hope someone can step up. Trevon Wade, Dockery, someone. Skrine looks like he is going to be a good reliable Nickle. Patterson needs to step up big too if they move Brown to Safety which I think they will since Adams is in Denver.
    Its hard to tell right now what is going to go on in the secondary. Right now the only thing that I can tell are that Haden and Ward are the only starters. Brown could move to FS but they would have to believe that Dockery or Wade can come in and be a decent depth option and that Skrine can handle the Nickel position as Patterson will start at the other corner. If they decide to keep Brown at Corner for another year then they would have to believe that Young can legitimately start at FS which he might be able to do (Remember he didn't get beat out for the starting FS job last year but instead got injured early and wasn't fully healthy till about the 10th game when Adams already had a hold on the position as he was playing very well for him). They have a big question of depth though at Safety if they don't move Brown as right now it would be Ward and Young and then Hagg and Ventrone as backups.

I think the secondary comes down to what they do with Brown and also if they intend to pick up any roster cuts later on depending on if that is a Safety or a Corner. I think they should move Brown to FS to start of OTA's and then pick up a corner after roster cuts as they did with Patterson last year. It is a lot easier in this league to find Corners IMO than it is Free Safeties.

Wade could possibly make the team as a Safety from what I am hearing instead of Corner because of his lack of speed and his size is ample. Should be interesting what they do. I like Dockery a lot too.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 05-09-2012 at 10:48 AM.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Tom heckert just finished speaking on profootballtalk, says he expects. Trich weeden and swartz to all start. Says he's still got a good relationship with mccoy and he'll prob be backing weeden up.
    Only thing I would've loved to ask why john hughes in the third round?
    I really wanted spence but the steelers stole him 1 pick previous. I would've liked a corner or defensive end instead.
    We have to fill the immeddiate needs before getting depth.
    Can't wait to hear from rookie camps this weekend. Footballs died down since the draft.
    GO BROWNS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mh33132888 View Post
    Tom heckert just finished speaking on profootballtalk, says he expects. Trich weeden and swartz to all start. Says he's still got a good relationship with mccoy and he'll prob be backing weeden up.
    Only thing I would've loved to ask why john hughes in the third round?
    I really wanted spence but the steelers stole him 1 pick previous. I would've liked a corner or defensive end instead.
    We have to fill the immeddiate needs before getting depth.
    Can't wait to hear from rookie camps this weekend. Footballs died down since the draft.
    GO BROWNS
    I feel the Hughes pick was Heckert covering himself with the Taylor pick last year and the contract that he gave to Rubin last year. Both players were gased most of the time because not only were they playing way too much but because the Defense was on the field 3/4ths of the time so Heckert wanted legitimate rotation options for them two. Jauron likes to run a 8 man deep front with a lot of rotation so Heckert went out and to the best of his ability got players to improve that area. He also knew the team was very bad in Run Defense so he went out and got players where their specialty on the line was stuffing the run in FrosteeMan in FA and Hughes and Winn in the draft. Now they don't have to cart out players like Paxson or Scheafering but instead can bring in viable options when Taylor and Rubin need those necessary breaks because they seem to play hard on every play.

Now you asking why he was taken in the 3rd round is a viable question but from everything being said Hughes was apparently a 3rd round grade on multiple teams boards and apparently the Saints were very interested in him at #89 so Heckert went ahead and got his guy 2 spots ahead of them and obtained a fourth round pick by trading down with Denver in the process. Yes they could have taken a WR or Corner there but Heckert apparently felt the need to build the line out and that is why the Hughes pick probably occured.

Finally just switch Winn with Hughes and I am sure that nobody would have much of a problem since then they can feel it wasn't a reach as Winn was projected in the third round and Hughes was projected in the 6th to UDFA rounds by the DraftNiks who apparently know more than actual GM's or FO's.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    I have no problems whatsoever with the way the draft panned out. We addressed positions of need with all of our draft picks and have added depth at both the Offensive and Defensive lines. Hopefully all of these guys end up being big contributors to the team in their rookie year and for years to come.

I would love for Travis Benjamin to end up being our version of Desean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin. Heck if the Steelers can find a guy like Antonio Brown in the 6th round anything is possible. I hope this kid works his ***** off and doesnt take for granted the opportunity he has been given. I also like the free agent signing of Josh Cooper from Oklahoma State. Not only does he give Weeden a familiar face but he also was his second favorite target. He may not be fast or a big bodied WR but he runs great routes and has great hands.

Next year i believe their focus in the draft will be WR, CB and LB positions. I know that we have all been waiting for a very long time for this team to become a winning team but people need to realize that this front office has an actual plan that they have stuck with ever since they came here. I expect to see a lot of improvement in this team this year but by no means am i expecting us to make the playoffs. After one more draft i would expect this team to have enough depth and enough skill players on Offense and Defense to try to push for a playoff spot.

I wish the first game of the season was this Sunday

vCash
    Citing two sources, John Telich of Fox 8 Cleveland reports Browns DT Phil Taylor is undergoing an MRI for a possible torn pectoral muscle. Telich doesn't have a history of breaking Browns news, but he's a respected 10-time Emmy winner with local connections. It's not clear how Taylor's injury occurred. Check back for an update on his status.

Source: John Telich on Twitter
    Rotoworld

vCash
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast