Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The first 3 games have been tough to watch but what were we all expecting? The Browns are so young and inexperienced at so many key positions that I'm surprised that they've been so competitive. I only expect to see change mid-season if the Browns are winless through the first 7 or 8 weeks. Not long after Haslem takes ownership.

I like Shurmur, he seems like a smart guy and someone that the players support. But if he continues to lose games he's going to lose players.

vCash
    Ok so were three games in and about to get to the meat and potatoes of our schedule....looking at what we've seen so far this season, how do you think the rest of the season will go? Call me pessamistic but I see the browns getting another top 3 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billyclubdude View Post
    Ok so were three games in and about to get to the meat and potatoes of our schedule....looking at what we've seen so far this season, how do you think the rest of the season will go? Call me pessamistic but I see the browns getting another top 3 pick.
    Thats not pessamistic to me but kind of the reality of where this team is right now. After three weeks and how this team has played and the lack of depth at certain positions really showing I can legitimely see the team only winning two games the rest of the way if that sadly and those might be Indy and Washington. I am going to say they will end up 3-13, the FO and coaching staff will all be out after the first week of the playoffs and they will have a top 3 pick next year where they will be looking at Jarvis Jones, Bark Mingo, or Sam Montgomery. I think they give Weeden another year as he will continue to show progress throughout the year but will be hindered a lot of times by always be down by 10-14 pts a game and WR's that still cannot get seperation and can't hold onto a catch. I knew coming into this season that it will be growing pains and I have no problem with 3-13 but this team just is too young, green and not there yet.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Thats not pessamistic to me but kind of the reality of where this team is right now. After three weeks and how this team has played and the lack of depth at certain positions really showing I can legitimely see the team only winning two games the rest of the way if that sadly and those might be Indy and Washington. I am going to say they will end up 3-13, the FO and coaching staff will all be out after the first week of the playoffs and they will have a top 3 pick next year where they will be looking at Jarvis Jones, Bark Mingo, or Sam Montgomery. I think they give Weeden another year as he will continue to show progress throughout the year but will be hindered a lot of times by always be down by 10-14 pts a game and WR's that still cannot get seperation and can't hold onto a catch. I knew coming into this season that it will be growing pains and I have no problem with 3-13 but this team just is too young, green and not there yet.
    While I would love to have any of those DEs opposite Sheard. But, with how bad our WRs have been I wouldn't mind getting a true #1 even though we have spent 2nd rounders on Little and Gordon.

The way this is going I could really seem them firing Shurmur at the bye week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    While I would love to have any of those DEs opposite Sheard. But, with how bad our WRs have been I wouldn't mind getting a true #1 even though we have spent 2nd rounders on Little and Gordon.

The way this is going I could really seem them firing Shurmur at the bye week.
    I would like to see a veteran or at least a 27-30 year old WR brought in that can start to mentor these young kids and show them how to be professional, especially Greg Little as he is not making any fans right now in the Browns universe with his prima donna act that he is not even backing up. Throw 65 million at Greg Jennings for all I care, at least it will show that they want to try to get better. I like Gordon and Benjaming and think both can be good #2 and 3 WR's but they are just very raw and green right now and we all knew that was going to happen coming in but it just seems that they were not fully prepared for this season and I blame that on the coaches.

Either way Jimmy should hold everyone accountable on this team and especially the FO and people better start realizing that and try to do something to at least make these games interesting wether it be opening up the playbook or going for it on 4th and 8 if I recall down by 10 with 6:30 left in the game. Shurmur continues to play the game seemingly not to get blown out but to try keeping the scoreboard closer than what it is. Also I have had a change of heart on Heckert too now and believe that he is expendable as I am starting to question his philosophy of saying that they want young kids to build this team with for future success but then goes and drafts a 28 year old QB in the first round making that window small with these younger players that he has obtained.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    I'm starting to echo those sentiments on Heckert. It made no sense to me either for them to take a 28 year old rookie QB when you are preaching how you are cultivating young talent. I don't know if that was Heckert's call or Holmgren wanting to get a new pet because he grew tired of Colt.

Either way, his complete lack of using FA has doomed this team this year. We have a ton of cap space. Plenty enough to sign a few mid-level FAs instead of having so many UDFA on the roster this year.

vCash
    I get that there will be growing pains in any change in coaching, GM, team president regime...but how many freaking times are we, as Cleveland Browns fans, going to have to go through all of this crap?

The Texans, giving us a 3 year head start, have more wins than we do since our return in 1999. They blew their first pick (David Carr) just like we did with Tim Couch. How were they able to turn things around? They got a serviceable free agent quarterback in Matt Schaub and surrounded him with savvy draft picks, solid free agent pick ups, and have stuck by a coach for more than 2 or 3 years. They have been around for 3 fewer years than the Browns and have only had 2 head coaches since coming back...we have had Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, RAC, Eric Mangini, and now Pat Shurmur.

We have had 1.4 million different starting quarterbacks since 1999...the Texans have had (for the most part) Matt Schaub and David Carr since 2002. Hell...since 2002, we have had Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Dilfer, Frye, DA, Quinn, Delhomme, McCoy, Wallace, and now Weeden. Not only have we had nearly a dozen different quarterbacks get 4 or more starts in a season...we have probably had at least a half dozen different OCs in that time as well (I didn't feel like looking up all of the names!).

We need to find a coach that we can live with and build the team around them for 5-7 years and see where it takes us. We need to find a quarterback and stick by them for 5-7 years and see what they can do when they know that we won't be looking for someone else to take their job after a bad season (with no talent surrounding them a la Colt McCoy). We need to find a GM that can effectively evaluate talent to find superstars in the early rounds of the draft while finding serviceable sleepers in the latter rounds.

We need a winner, dammit!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I get that there will be growing pains in any change in coaching, GM, team president regime...but how many freaking times are we, as Cleveland Browns fans, going to have to go through all of this crap?

The Texans, giving us a 3 year head start, have more wins than we do since our return in 1999. They blew their first pick (David Carr) just like we did with Tim Couch. How were they able to turn things around? They got a serviceable free agent quarterback in Matt Schaub and surrounded him with savvy draft picks, solid free agent pick ups, and have stuck by a coach for more than 2 or 3 years. They have been around for 3 fewer years than the Browns and have only had 2 head coaches since coming back...we have had Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, RAC, Eric Mangini, and now Pat Shurmur.

We have had 1.4 million different starting quarterbacks since 1999...the Texans have had (for the most part) Matt Schaub and David Carr since 2002. Hell...since 2002, we have had Couch, Holcomb, Garcia, Dilfer, Frye, DA, Quinn, Delhomme, McCoy, Wallace, and now Weeden. Not only have we had nearly a dozen different quarterbacks get 4 or more starts in a season...we have probably had at least a half dozen different OCs in that time as well (I didn't feel like looking up all of the names!).

We need to find a coach that we can live with and build the team around them for 5-7 years and see where it takes us. We need to find a quarterback and stick by them for 5-7 years and see what they can do when they know that we won't be looking for someone else to take their job after a bad season (with no talent surrounding them a la Colt McCoy). We need to find a GM that can effectively evaluate talent to find superstars in the early rounds of the draft while finding serviceable sleepers in the latter rounds.

We need a winner, dammit!!!!!
    I call for David Shaw and Tyler Wilson. Either way I think big changes are coming as the Brownies will probably start the season 0-4 and since they have come back into the league they have only did that in 99' and 2009. Right now that is not progression.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    There is a good group of young players on the Cleveland Browns roster but there is too much pressure on them to produce right away. On offense there are rookies at literally every position. I'm not too discouraged by the way Weeden and Richardson have looked and they will only get better.

But the other young players are just simply overwhelmed week after week. Starting on the offensive line. Schwartz has been just OK and the guards are the biggest weakness on the team. Weeden and Richardson would both benefit greatly from even a slight upgrade over both Pinkston and Lauvao. The coaching staff can try and talk them up all they want but when they are clearly being dominated every week it's apparent to everyone that they are holding this offense back.

The receivers are constantly the topic of conversation in Cleveland. The effort has been there to upgrade in the past couple seasons but it hasn't panned out yet. Although Little only has a total of 19 games under his belt he is being written off by many and I don't know what everyone was expecting out of Josh Gordon right away, this should essentially be a red-shirt season for him but he gets to play a season before the draft choice used for him is lost. As long as he shows flashes of his potential and stays away from the herb I still like the move by the Browns.

With all this being said it's tough watching this young offense struggle through different situations this season but they are going through it together and will continue to do it as a team all year. Whoever is coaching the team next year whether it's Shurmur or someone else the Browns have a good looking nucleus of talent that just needed time to adapt to the NFL and also a team that really could plug a few holes with veteran free agents.

vCash
    Anyone that has NFL network this coming Wed at 8 they are having a show called Cleveland 1995.

Cleveland 95 - The untold story of Bill Belichick's Cleveland Browns, and a talented staff who rose from the ashes of the 1995 season. A Football Life takes an in-depth look at the story of the 95 Browns using unique on and off-the-field sights, sounds and stories.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    IThey have been around for 3 fewer years than the Browns and have only had 2 head coaches since coming back...we have had Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, RAC, Eric Mangini, and now Pat Shurmur.
    Hey don't forget to add Terry Robiskie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Anyone that has NFL network this coming Wed at 8 they are having a show called Cleveland 1995.
    Already DVR'ed for next week. Can't wait to relive pain once again and get a great behind the scenes story of how many great coaches Belicheck had with him at that time.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    It's a must watch but depressing at the same time.

vCash
    I can just feel the frustration and anger brewing inside of me. I'm not sure if its the theme of the day, but I have heard at least 10 times today on the radio/tv/internet/work that its a moral victory we kept it that close. Well guess what....I'm f*$#ing sick and tired of moral victories! I would like REAL victories.

If I was Shurmur, I would treat Greg Little like a high school basketball coach treats his players. I dont remember how many times we had to stay at practice until we hit so many shots in a row. I would park his *** in front of an automatic thrower and tell him hes not leaving until he catches 1000 passes a day. Every drop subtracts 50 of his catches. Speaking of Shurmur....hey Pat, we have a QB that can throw the ball more than 25 yards now so why dont you go ahead and add that to the playbook. It would be nice to see more than 3-4 passes over 15 yards a game if you are gonna throw the ball 90 times a game and not utilize our #3 draft pick. And why is it that no matter who the coach of the browns is, they cant figure out how to draw up plays where the WR's go past the 1st down marker on 3rd downs? How many times over the last 10 years have we seen a 3rd and 7ish and the guys run a 3-4 yard route?

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider9 View Post
    I can just feel the frustration and anger brewing inside of me. I'm not sure if its the theme of the day, but I have heard at least 10 times today on the radio/tv/internet/work that its a moral victory we kept it that close. Well guess what....I'm f*$#ing sick and tired of moral victories! I would like REAL victories.

If I was Shurmur, I would treat Greg Little like a high school basketball coach treats his players. I dont remember how many times we had to stay at practice until we hit so many shots in a row. I would park his *** in front of an automatic thrower and tell him hes not leaving until he catches 1000 passes a day. Every drop subtracts 50 of his catches. Speaking of Shurmur....hey Pat, we have a QB that can throw the ball more than 25 yards now so why dont you go ahead and add that to the playbook. It would be nice to see more than 3-4 passes over 15 yards a game if you are gonna throw the ball 90 times a game and not utilize our #3 draft pick. And why is it that no matter who the coach of the browns is, they cant figure out how to draw up plays where the WR's go past the 1st down marker on 3rd downs? How many times over the last 10 years have we seen a 3rd and 7ish and the guys run a 3-4 yard route?
    First with the Greg Little comment. I heard a good comparison today, "You could give me 1,000 range balls and I can hit them all day, that doesn't mean that I am going to be a PGA golfer." Same kind of holds true for Little it seems. You could put him at the jug machine all day but for some reason he just cant consistantly catch a pass and even though how bad it is there really isn't anything behind him right now. Until MoMass gets back and Gordon shows that he can get seperation, know the routes and playbook it will be Little and Benjamin.

Regarding the 1st down markers. That has a lot to do with the players not executing on the field and I do not put that on Shurmur. Also I will throw some blame on the QB's throughout the years too for underthrowing the first down markers at times. Last night I saw Cameron on I believe a 3rd and 12 play run a 14 yard route and came back 4 yards where he was 2 yards in front of the marker and the ball went over his head through his hands. Looked like Weeden was throwing the ball for 12 yards and Cameron came back to much. This has a lot to do too with being on the field and getting consistent where since the Browns flip everything every 3 years no players or coaches can ever really get comfortable.

This Guy is Ready!!!

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast