Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know, I just call for Smelley because he is the most likely replacement for Marecic.

I know it is not typical for the WCO, but with a powerful back like TRich having a blocker there is more important than a receiving threat. I mean, how many times do we really throw the ball to the FB, 10 times a year? I will gladly take increased production in the ground game over 10 passes to the FB.

vCash
    I would rather they used Chris Ogbonnaya than Marecic, Marecic is better suited in a cubical than a football feild. Aside from Ogbonnaya's fumble I thought he played great.

Also they gotta start playing Norwood, I dont even understand why they are not even dressing him.

I could see him asking for a release/trade if they dont play him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joepfarley View Post
    I would rather they used Chris Ogbonnaya than Marecic, Marecic is better suited in a cubical than a football feild. Aside from Ogbonnaya's fumble I thought he played great.

Also they gotta start playing Norwood, I dont even understand why they are not even dressing him.

I could see him asking for a release/trade if they dont play him.
    Norwood - The forgotten man. I like him in the slot but I think with MoMass finally emerging the way that he has that they aren't using Norwood too much cause they like being able to slot Little in the middle with his size and strength against safeties and LB's when other teams arent in the nickel. I have noticed too last week that they used a lot of two tight end sets with A. Smith and Ben Watson.

Dawgs by Nature.com always does a great job of breaking down the snap counts for the Browns each week.

Mohamed Massaquoi: 5 catches, 90 yards (7 targets).
    Greg Little: 5 catches, 57 yards, 1 touchdown (7 targets).
    Josh Gordon: 1 catch, 5 yards (3 targets).
    Joshua Cribbs: 1 catch, 4 yards (2 targets).
    Travis Benjamin: 2 carries, 15 yards.
    Thoughts: The distribution of playing time is pretty much the same as it was a Week ago. Josh Gordon saw nine less snaps, but that was because Cleveland went with a tight end more often. Little stepped up his game after not recording a catch a week ago, ans Massaquoi looks like the team's best receiver right now. Everything he is doing is so crisp, and he's showing some nice speed down the field too. Benjamin was not targeted on any passes in Week 2 after being targeted six times in Week 1.

Alex Smith: 3 catches, 30 yards (4 targets).
    Benjamin Watson: 1 catch, 27 yards (1 target).
    Jordan Cameron: No stats registered.
    Thoughts: During the game, I kept thinking, "why is Alex Smith getting more reps than Ben Watson?" Boy, was I off. Smith was still targeted a high percentage of the time he was in the game, but Watson dominated the reps at 84% of the plays. Jordan Cameron must be pinned as a red zone thread only, just like Evan Moore was a season ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really upset we haven't seen more of Cameron. Norwood I'm ok with because of the emergence of some of the other ahead of him WR's but Cameron needs to get more snaps IMO.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Hopefully we will be seeing more Cameron this week while Smith is dealing with his concussion. I understand Week 1 they needed Smith to help in the blocking game, but I thought for sure we would see some Cameron against the Bengals since we didn't have to keep the TE in as much.

MoMass' day could have been even better if Weeden was on in the first half like he was in the second. I have actually been really surprised at MoMass' ability to get behind defenders these first 2 weeks. Weeden just needs to get the touch to drop the ball over the CB and not throw it 10 yards over his head. If he can develop that this year our offense will take a HUGE step forward.

I would like to see a couple of designed plays go to Gordon to get him going some. I thought for sure we would be seeing a couple plays a game where he would run a quick slant and try to get him the ball with a head of steam. That was his best route coming into the year, I don't see why we aren't utilizing it.

As for the RBs, I would like to see them sit Hardesty and activate BJax. With how they utilized Ogbannaya last week I think he will be kept activated. Hardesty just doesn't provide much. I like the versatility that BJax provides, along with his pass protection. I understand that BJax and Ogbannaya are similar, but they have both proven they are able to carry the load should TRich be hurt during a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    Hopefully we will be seeing more Cameron this week while Smith is dealing with his concussion. I understand Week 1 they needed Smith to help in the blocking game, but I thought for sure we would see some Cameron against the Bengals since we didn't have to keep the TE in as much.

MoMass' day could have been even better if Weeden was on in the first half like he was in the second. I have actually been really surprised at MoMass' ability to get behind defenders these first 2 weeks. Weeden just needs to get the touch to drop the ball over the CB and not throw it 10 yards over his head. If he can develop that this year our offense will take a HUGE step forward.

I would like to see a couple of designed plays go to Gordon to get him going some. I thought for sure we would be seeing a couple plays a game where he would run a quick slant and try to get him the ball with a head of steam. That was his best route coming into the year, I don't see why we aren't utilizing it.

As for the RBs, I would like to see them sit Hardesty and activate BJax. With how they utilized Ogbannaya last week I think he will be kept activated. Hardesty just doesn't provide much. I like the versatility that BJax provides, along with his pass protection. I understand that BJax and Ogbannaya are similar, but they have both proven they are able to carry the load should TRich be hurt during a game.
    Couldn't do it against the Eagles because the CB's starting jamming him and he for the life of him could not get off the LOS 80% of the time before Weeden had someone in his face. For how big he is he is still a work in progress definately with getting jammed as he is realizing CB's are just as strong as him in the NFL. Cincy was doing the same thing too for much of the game last week from what I remember. I can see Buffalo playing off this week though due to the youth of their CB's and inexperience and if they have Byrd out then they are going to want to get beat and have to worry about over the top help on the Brownies WR's. It's sad when Benjamin is getting off coverage more than Gordon is right now and that is why a lot of the 3 WR sets they are running are with him and MoMass on the outside and Little in the slot. I would really like to see a lot of four WR sets this week with Cameron in the one slot and MoMass, Benjamin and Little out there as well. They did this a little last week with Watson in the slot at times. I would love to see Cameron get that TE screen pass from Weeden like A. Smith did last week that set up TRich's TD run. I also like the screen passes they were doing last week especially with the 4 WR set one they ran where they motioned MoMass into the backfield giving the D a different look. I will say that I thought Shurmur actually did call a pretty good game last week he was just behind the entire game due to the D and the opening ST return.

vCash
    Some very good points made there Otto.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the game last Sunday and only saw highlights of the game. From what I understand the performance of Richardson and Weeden allowed the Browns to move the chains effectively and show us all some mixing up of the gameplan and play-calling. Shurmur and Childress can get a lot more creative if they are dealing with 3rd and short as opposed to watching them struggle with 3rd and long last year.

I doubt I'll be able to catch any of this week's game either but I'm so pumped about the Thursday game next week!!!

vCash
    Eric Hagg is on the hot seat as the Browns' starting free safety.
    "We would like to get a little more production from that position," DC Dick Jauron said. The Bengals exploited Hagg in coverage last week. Usama Young could begin eating into his snaps if his play doesn't improve.
    He really hasn't done anything besides some decent games last year at the end of the year and pre-season to make me think that the team needs an upgrade beside Ward moving in the future, cough cough Eric Reid.

Browns DT Billy Winn (concussion) has resumed practicing on a full-time basis.
    It looks like Winn has been cleared to play in Week 3 versus the Bills. The rookie sixth-rounder has been starting up front next to Ahtyba Rubin.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/...ll-player-news

Good to hear on Winn. I am loving the way the D-Line is playing so far and it just helps to have more bodies to keep everyone fresh. Hopefull Sheard can get going and Taylor can come back after the Bye Week and the line can be formidable for the end of the year.

vCash
    kie RB Trent Richardson has reportedly "seized" the Browns' leadership role.
    ESPN Cleveland's Tony Gross writes that Richardson showed "the sixth sense the great ones have" and "ran like a man whose paycheck was laying in the end zone" in Week 2. Prior to this year's draft, NFL Insider Jay Glazer anointed Richardson "the most impressive human being" he had met in the past two draft classes.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/...ll-player-news

Alot of praise for this kid. I really think he is going to be in the AP mold here in a year and especially if Schwartz and the O-Line continue to develop. I don't know what is going on with JT right now besides some small nagging injuries but he needs to get back to his All-Pro level or he could be out of the game this year.

vCash
    Browns rookie back Richardson urges team to practice harder, reject losing culture
    By NATE ULRICHAkron Beacon Journal
    BEREA, Ohio -- A couple days ago, Trent Richardson called all of his teammates into a huddle, urged them to practice with intensity and stressed the importance of avoiding complacency in the wake of defeat.

It was a bold move for a rookie, one Richardson hopes pays off immediately. The Browns (0-2) can ill afford a loss at home Sunday against the Buffalo Bills (1-1).

"I don't think it's time for settling," Richardson said Thursday after practice. "Settling is not what we dreamed of."

After the players stretched Wednesday at the beginning of practice, Richardson asked them to gather around him before they broke into individual drills. He drew from his experiences as a running back at the University of Alabama while delivering his message.

"We practiced hard," said Richardson, who was part of a college team that went 36-4 and won two national championships in the past three seasons. "We won our games in the week. It wasn't just on Saturday for us. So it's not just on Sunday for us now. We've got to come out and practice hard every day if you want to win, if you really want this program turned around.

"We just need to do everything as we're preparing for the game (like) we're playing in the game. You practice how you play. I don't think we're doing that wrong, but as far as preparing, I think we just need to stay the course. The course is trying to get to that promised land. If you really got your eyes on the promised land, that's where you need to set your goals."
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/20/3012934/brow ns-rookie-back-richardson.html#storylink=cpy

Love this kid. I am sure Carl still wants David Wilson though LoL, what a joke.

vCash
    Just wait till Wilson has one ok game and he will be going nuts with I told you so BS.

vCash
    Thank God Time Warner finaly got NFL Network.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Thank God Time Warner finaly got NFL Network.
    It was funny, I was flipping through my channels last night and at channel 1498 (I believe), it said NFLN. I was like ...WHAT cruel joke by a hacker. I clicked on it and what did I see? Donovan McNabb on some show. I looked outside, it wasnt snowing so it wasn't Christmas. I pinched my arm to wake up( I still have a bruise), it was not a dream. IT WAS REAL. Just in time for the Browns vs. Ravens Thursday. I really was surprised and almost peed alittle.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Ok.Ok. I did pee a little

vCash

vCash
    I am wondering everyones take on how long before the new Regime steps in? I have a feeling that once the sale is finalized in mid October, that the change will take effect. I expect the change to take place before the week 7 game against Indy. I know it depends on what the record is and how we are playing at the time. I do believe that we have a good young team. We do have some holes as well. This Regime has not taught the Browns how to win. Most teams have some holes here and there, but they know how to win. We need to get there.
    Last edited by kosar4president; 09-24-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Could not find link.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast