Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    That was a great article on WFNY. I saw maybe one play though that should have been audibled by at least Weeden but the rest just seemed like bad blocking assignments, the OL not seeing the defensive front before running the play which no matter what if Weeden doesn't have the chance to audible those guys up front still should be able to be calling out assignments to each other with rubs, etc. Seemed a couple times too that Richardson just is not in sync with the OL yet as he was taking wrong holes and not knowing what butt to be running off plus WR's not maintaining blocks on the outside allowing corners and safeties to get up in the box quickly closing running lanes that Richardson did have down. Schwartz had a tough game just looking at those snapshots. Plus it seemed that both Guards had troubles getting to the second level and were miss reading assignments a lot of times.
    There were a couple of plays that they motioned the TE across the defense to have an extra blocker. In the process they brought extra defenders to the lane they were trying to open up. I mean just simply giving him the ability to flip the play if there is already a hole there.

I just know that when I was 10 and in PeeWee Football we had an audible system in place. My dad ws the coach and he still brings it up that he had 10 year olds doing it. I know the playbooks in the NFL are 100x more intricate, but still. How bad would it be to give Weeden the ability to hot route and flip plays.

vCash
    It doesn't even have to be a intricate audible. Like many have said just flip the play or have a precalled play if a specific D is being run. Everyone knows the one other play that can be run and if Weeden sees the specific D he changes it to the other play. The fact we can;'t audible means we are playing at a disadvantage presnap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    It doesn't even have to be a intricate audible. Like many have said just flip the play or have a precalled play if a specific D is being run. Everyone knows the one other play that can be run and if Weeden sees the specific D he changes it to the other play. The fact we can;'t audible means we are playing at a disadvantage presnap.
    It has a lot to do with Shurmur not trusting the players he has either nor coaching them up or preparing them enough where he has the faith in his players to see defenses and audible or adjust on the fly. But he in his sarcastic tone will tell you that he believes his team is prepared. I am really starting to believe that he needs to be gone by the bye week as I tried sticking up for him last year because of the depleted roster but it just keeps seeming that he does not understand how to be a HC.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    It has a lot to do with Shurmur not trusting the players he has either nor coaching them up or preparing them enough where he has the faith in his players to see defenses and audible or adjust on the fly. But he in his sarcastic tone will tell you that he believes his team is prepared. I am really starting to believe that he needs to be gone by the bye week as I tried sticking up for him last year because of the depleted roster but it just keeps seeming that he does not understand how to be a HC.
    I feel the same way. I don't see a way he sticks around.

I haven't really thought about a mid-season coaching change, but it could be the best thing for us. Maybe they put the team in Juaron's hand and he does a good enough job to become the new HC or be retained as DC. We could also see what Childress brings to the table calling plays.

If Shurmur stays the entire year or goes, one thing is for certain, he needs to hand over the play calling abilities. Even if Childress has the same results at least we gave it a try instead of continuing to handcuff ourselves.

vCash
    What a joke. Walter Football has us taking Barkley number 1.

vCash
    He has had that for awhile. He has "sources saying there are too many cooks in the kitchen and that the FO is in complete disarray." I don't take a word he says serious. He just randomly throws crap against the wall hoping it will stick.

He also has the Jags at the 6th pick, and they are the worst team in the NFL if you ask me.

vCash
    Cant agree more.

vCash
    I know this is way too early to predict and way too much of the flavor of the week comment but what do you guys think of David Shaw the HC of Stanford. You know for a fact that he is going to get NFL HC looks this offseason with the success he has had at Stanford and Harbaugh success at SF so far. I know he has no ties to Haslem or Banner who Haslem will most likely bring in but he does run a very well designed Pro Style offense while also seemingly knowing how to develop younger lesser talent at Stanford. I also like the fact when you look at his two recruiting classes so far that a lot of it is based on building the trenches with the O-Line and front 7 on D.

I am getting a sneaky suspicion that Shurmur is not going to be back next year and I know that Banner came from the Eagles but that doesn't mean that he needs to hire everything from a strictly WCO personel. Shaw seems like a guy that can take a lot of things away from all offenses and intertwin that into his own style kind of like McCarthy in GB or that might just be the assumption I get when watching Stanford for the past 5 years when he took over as OC and then HC. Also he has already been in the AFC North as a coach when he was with Baltimore from 2002-2005 as the QB's coach and WR's coach so he knows how to coach in the league and the specialty players.

So my question is do you guys think he would be good in the NFL or do you think he is based more for the college game?

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    You know that it very interesting. It's deff worth considering.

vCash
    @DustinFox37

The Browns used a FB on 4 run plays Sunday. (Marecic) was effective on 1 play which gained 9 yards blocking for (Richardson).
    Browns were most effective running the football out of 11 and 10 personnel which is 3 and 4 WR sets. Were in 11 personnel for 10 snaps.
    The other 3 plays Marecic was in on run there was a minus play, a missed block and a non factor play.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I wonder what is wrong with this dude. He was a perfect fit as a WCO fullback when they drafted him last year. Very interesting stats though.

vCash
    The problem is that he was brought in to be a WCO FB, with an emphasis on catching the ball out of the backfield. What is sad is that he can't even do that. I will continue my love for Brad Smelley, or any other FB for that matter.

vCash
    Rhass Smelly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Rhass Smelly.
    haha, it's not even Smelley, it's just someone other than Marecic. Why can't we go back and keep Lawrence Vickers.

vCash
    I'm just messing with ya.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast