Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good read on hardesty. I hope he and trent split carries 60trent 40hardesty.
    Its a long nfl season and we all know keeping ur backs fresh and injury free is a major
    deal when it comes winning the ground game late in the season with cold weather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mh33132888 View Post
    Good read on hardesty. I hope he and trent split carries 60trent 40hardesty.
    Its a long nfl season and we all know keeping ur backs fresh and injury free is a major
    deal when it comes winning the ground game late in the season with cold weather.
    I would have to say right now that the outlook should look as though Trent 80 percent, and then Hardesty and Jackson will both get 10 percent of the playing time if all three maintain healthy if that much for Hardesty and Jackson. You don't draft a RB in the top 3 to have him play barely over 50 percent of the plays especially when he is a rookie and is well rounded in all aspects of the RB game ie catching, blocking and running. You get what you can out of TRich the first 4 years of his rookie contract because you never know what you possibly can get after that with a RB's shell life. Also Hardesty is not playing on 3rd downs with Rich and BJax both on this team so that will eliminate a lot of time that he could be on the field because he isn't that great of a blocker or pass catcher as seen last year. He will merely be there to spell TRich for about 10 carries if that sometimes a game if he does even end up making the team. I hope he does but I don't think he is going to be a two headed monster or anything like a Ben Tate/Arian Foster combo with TRich.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    This is a friend of mines info on Banner and Heckert that he posted to me on another forum, pretty good listen:

I called Caplan's show this past Saturday and asked him about Joe Banner. Caplan is based outside Philadelphia and has been good info on the Eagles. We didn't get to everything I would have liked, but he did say that it is wrong that Banner & Heckert didn't get along. This is what I had heard for some time, but Caplan said this is not true. I stand corrected. He said Heckert left Philly because he wanted final authority over personnel decisions which he couldn't get in Philly. He also said that Banner wasn't a done deal being Browns pres. Now, this seems a stretch given some of the info that is leaking out, but he said he spoke to an anonymous executive who said that no decision on Banner had been made yet.
    Sooo, maybe all the fears that Heckert won't survive the new owner's transition is unfounded. Who knows?

On Josh Gordon, Caplan had an interesting little comment that the Cowboys had a 2nd round grade on him. As much as many criticized Heckert for using a 2nd round pick, maybe the Cowboys would have jumped at him at the end of the 2nd round of the supplemental.

If you care to listen go to:

http://wche.podomatic.com/, Pro Football Live 7/28/12. My call starts at about the 25th minute.

vCash

According to Tim Bielik of The News-Herald, Browns TE Jordan Cameron is "making a case" for the No. 2 job behind Ben Watson.
    Evan Moore is on the non-football injury list and Cameron has taken advantage of the additional practice reps. Coach Pat Shurmur specifically mentioned Cameron's "skill and ability" as a receiver; skills that could lead to fantasy relevance if he can overtake 31-year-old Watson. For now, Cameron is only worth stashing in dynasty leagues.
    rotoworld

Good to hear he is progressing. I really like Cameron, and hope he can tap his athletic ability. Gronk, and Gates comparisons are still no where close but it is good to see he is making strides.

vCash
    9 days until the preaseason game against the Lions. The wait is almost over!

vCash
    I'm really excited to see what the young offense is going to look like early on. So much potential at really every position that they have invested plenty of resources in. Sure, we're going to see some rookie mistakes but it can't get any worse than last year. Having Childress coaching these guys up could be a bigger factor than many people think.

I'm sure the Lions young and aggressive defensive line will give the Browns a good test. Welcome to the NFL Brandon Weeden...

vCash
    The depth we've added has created much more anticipation for the preseason games for me. Now we get to watch more position battles, progress of 2 quarterbacks, newly added wr's, and most importantly the progress of our horrid run game with 3 healthy rb's.

No more 3 quarters of no names who belong on the practice squad. 9 more long days.... Go Browns

vCash
    Good depth on Offense. Defense scares me a little. DL especially. Hopefully Winn or Hughes will step up. LBs need to do the same.

vCash
    I'm talking James Dockery! The man is balling. PBU's, Interceptions... It's a shame they didnt draft him, so he could vie for more playing time. The guy is shut down and doesnt get the serious consideration he should because he was undrafted. Everyone gets a chance before him. But I will tell you what, soon as that chance comes, forget about it. The job is his. Put on weight, He is already tall and lengthy. A press corner who can play the ball. It won't surprise me if he is getting solid playing time by week 10.

vCash
    ^james dockery's secret account

vCash
    I don't agree. Hagg was drafted in the 7th round and is now starting in the beginning of year 2. If Dockery was that good, he would be getting reps as the Nickel or at least Dime. Nothing against the guy, I just think he had chances already and isnt producing as much as Patterson/Skrine

vCash
    Off topic, but is anyone else sick of seeing the jets take up 50% of sportscenter every flippin day?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    Off topic, but is anyone else sick of seeing the jets take up 50% of sportscenter every flippin day?
    I don't watch ESPN anymore unless its a live sporting event but yes I did see during the Texas/LA game the other night their promo to follow the Jets for multiple days. Tebow/Sanchez/Ryan and New York means ESPN will be all over it.

If you have NFL/MLB/NBA and NHL Network I highly recommend just watching those channels as they are not trying to sell their own agendas and trying to be the most popular sport reporter like all of ESPN. I love that that Beadle and Andrews got out of there. ESPN.com is getting awful too as its just them plagarizing other reporter/sites stories now and trying to add one or two sentences of their own in it.

vCash
    Daniel Wolf ‏ @ TheDanielWolf
    Patterson looking quicker and more cut. Ward is bigger than I remember..looks like a tank. # Browns

I see why Hagg could have the edge over Usama Young. He's bigger, quicker and blankets more of the WR and area around him. # Browns
    Cooper7 ‏ @ Cooper7r
    @ nickski24 Any UDFAs standing out? (besides Cooper)

Nick Sikirski ‏ @ nickski24
    @ Cooper7r not especially. Not yet at least.
    Cribbs is on the outside rushing the punter!!! Loving that! # Browns
    Just a few tweets I thought of posting about yesterday. Also very interesting that Gronkowski is apparently battling A. Smith right now for that 4th TE position so it will be interesting to see if they carry 4 TE's and cut one of the FB's or if they only carry 5 WR's with Moore and Cameron becoming the more hybrid Y's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I don't agree. Hagg was drafted in the 7th round and is now starting in the beginning of year 2. If Dockery was that good, he would be getting reps as the Nickel or at least Dime. Nothing against the guy, I just think he had chances already and isnt producing as much as Patterson/Skrine
    Just read up on him. Read up on what he's doing in training camp. I'm giving the heads up. Take it how you want to. Patterson is getting paid, he has to play. not to mention he played solid in the nickel. Skrine was drafted he's getting the opportunities before an undrafted Dockery. Hagg, What option do they have at safety, Dockery was playing saftey in the preseason last year.... Sheppard will make the move to safety at some point and Dockery will get his chance. When that happens, I want you to start a thread with my name on it.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast