Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This doesn't mean we could leave the city right? Other than that I'm all for someone who can spend, I wouldn't mind if Dan Gilbert took over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    The Browns are up for sale!!! Maybe not majority but at least a part of the franchise...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-in-browns/
    Beat me to it. Apparently they have been for a while as on another forum I am part of this was posted on 6/7/2012 but everyone thought it was just speculation.

Andrea Hangst ‏ @ FBALL_AndreaHUH WHAT RT @howardeskin: Hear Ex #Eagles Pres Joe Banner interested in group to buy Buff Bills. Also hear Browns and St Louis may b 4 sale
    Man I wish this could be the Indians but Lerner is nothing in the franchise so why not sell the team.

Apparently on that thread too they are sayng that Rizzo said today that the team has indeed been agreed upon to be sold but a lot of things still have to happen. Take with grain of salt.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 07-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Greg Little ‏ @ Str8UpGlittle
    So I'm out eating dinner watching espn and this dude beside me yells out "and the f**king browns have the nerve not to look at TO"...

...I got your f**king TO buddy!

If you not riding with who we have in our locker room right now you're not riding with is at all
    I im liking Little more and more by the days. He does need to go back to college though with that grammer. LOL.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    “@TonyGrossi: I'm told the sale of #Browns would involve at least 90% of franchise. Jimmy Haslam might have other partners, but Lerner won't be one.”

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I’ve been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary.
    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...d-browns-sale/

Lerner's official statement.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Jimmy Haslam is the 55 year-old CEO of Pilot Travel Centers. He is the son of an 81-year-old Jim Haslam II. Randy Lerner’s statement mentions Jimmy so we’re talking about the 55-year-old and not the 81-year-old.

So he’s the son of a billionaire. Haven’t we been down this road before? Maybe. Maybe not. Haslam has been the CEO of the company since 2001 and the company has grown since that time. This is not a shot at Randy Lerner. Just pointing out he’s been running a privately held corporation that has a reported 13,000+ employees today.

Jimmy Haslam is an investor with the Steelers. 1 While that may be disconcerting to some at first, let’s look at what he told Steelers.com that impressed him enough that he wanted to invest in the team. “I was immediately impressed with Art and Dan Rooney’s business acumen and conservative philosophy.” Translation: I don’t want to emulate Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones.

Also from that same interview, Haslam says he grew up a Cowboys fan and then became a Colts fan. Presumably the Colts thing is because he is a huge supporter of Tennessee, so naturally he wanted to follow Peyton Manning’s career. Hard to argue with that. Obviously after investing with the Steelers, he became a Steelers fan.If he buys the Browns or a majority stake in the Browns, trust me when I tell you he’ll be a Browns fan. I am quite sure that if he buys a stake in the Browns, he’ll have to divest any stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers. When and if he does that, he’ll become a Browns fan. If you are a huge fan of McDonald’s and their happy meals as a kid and then have a chance to buy four Burger Kings, guess who won’t be all that tied to Big Macs any longer?

For once, I’m really happy that I got to visit Steelers.com because it caused me to look at this. You can get married at a Steelers game. We’ve always joked that cheesy Steelers fans will even wear their stupid jerseys to church. Thanks for breaking the stereotype yinzers.

The Browns just switched presidents and GMs and coaches. I’ll admit that I am wary of an ownership change because I’d hate to start over with a new front office and everything. It’s way too early to worry about those kinds of things. The team hasn’t even been sold yet, so worrying about Mike Holmgren’s replacement or someone cleaning house is premature.

What’s the price tag going to be? Forbes will claim that the Browns are the 20th most valuable sports franchise in the world and are worth $977 million. The Browns were originally sold to Al Lerner in 1998 for $530 million. Who knows? I would guess the team’s value will be north of a billion for valuation purposes when they determine what percentage Haslam might buy in.

There’s just too much variability right now to know for sure. Is Randy Lerner going to sell it? Is he going to retain a percentage of the team? Is he going to retain enough to remain the majority owner?

Obviously Haslam already has a minority stake in a decidedly better football franchise to date. I can’t imagine he would bother doing anything at all with another NFL franchise unless it was for a controlling stake so he could buy his way into the game instead of being silent on the sidelines.

That’s just a figure of speech though. Buying his way into the game doesn’t mean he won’t just be like the Rooney’s and run the team with respect and dignity while also forcing the top-down culture.
    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...in-the-browns/

Jimmy Haslem news.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi
    Mike Holmgren likely out as # Browns president when sale of club is complete. http://***********/btvpqmy

Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi
    New link of our story saying Mike Holmgren likely out as # Browns president when sale of team is complete. http://espncleveland.com/common/more...9&post_id=2271

If they get rid of Heckert then I am done. I don't understand getting rid of Holmgren too unless he wants out because of new ownership as he only has two years left so might as well see what he has built through with Heckert.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    I will be very upset with this if either of the H's are out

vCash
    What?! Why would H&H go? They're just getting started. I hope this report is false. We have got to give someone a solid five year run to implement a system and stick with it. It's the only way the Browns will be relevant again.

vCash
    I heard the eagles old prez is possibly part of the new ownership so I guess heckert may be safe but reports are saying holmgren wanted a way out

vCash
    I believe Holmgren willbe gone if ownership changes. Heckert would be retained, IMO. I actually believe that Holmgren would be done the next day after the sale is finalized. Whether it is mid season or off season.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I hope Holmgren stays.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Me to I just can't say he cares. He sounds like he couldn't give two sh*ts if he's here or not.

vCash
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I really like the talent Heckert has brought in through the draft. He seems to have a great eye for talent. How much of that was Holmgren's doing is yet to be seen. Everything that I have been hearing is that Holmgren is out with new management.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast