Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread

A place where we can talk about whatever. Rumors, thoughts, etc.

vCash
    The Browns should limit TRich to no more than 17 carries a game, agree?

vCash
    Nope I disagree. I'd like him get around 25 or more.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    That means more wear and tear on him and more chance of injury and an early exit from the NFL.

vCash
    We didn't draft him to baby him.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Carries wise I'd say 18-20 a game but he should get around 25 touches per game when you factor in receptions.

vCash
    That's true Melo.

vCash
    I'm just thrilled we have a weapon of his caliber on our team now.

vCash
    I mean, they still have Jackson, Hardesty, and Ogbonaya who all are decent, if you can keep TRich fresh as much as possible, that'd be nice.

vCash
    When thing I do like though is that both Weeden and Richardson seemed excited to be a Brown, especially Weeden, he seemed like a kid getting something for Christmas.

vCash
    I think we'll see mostly TRich with a dose of Jackson more than any of the other RB's we have. I just think they will be better feeding off each other than Hardesty or Ogbonaya would be.

That said, I say TRich sees the ball no more than 15-20 times a game to start the year and 25-30 mid to late season. I'd rather Weeden find his groove early and use the run when weather gets crappy.

vCash
    Alright, my friends and I were discussing on who makes the QB/WR good.

I say it's the QB that makes the WRs good.

Most argued that it's the WRs that make the QB good, and used Colt as an example as he does not have any prestigious WRs that you could argue that is a top WR. I argued that he threw horrible passes and had bad decision making.

Of course you can't have OLineman being WRs and expect to be successful, but you know what I mean....

What are you guys thoughts on this?
    Last edited by User Name:; 04-30-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    I think it is easier for a WR corp to make a QB look good. One of the best example of this comes from the college ranks where John Navarre holds most of Michigan's passing records but clearly was not among the schools best all-time QB's. Navarre threw to Braylon Edwards, Marquise Walker, Jason Avant, Ronald Bellomy, Steve Breaston, Tim Massaquoi, Bennie Joppru, et al. This receiving corp made spectacular catches on errant Navarre thows that helped Navarre get to the NFL.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the offense is going to look like this season. I think the running game is going to be much improved but the receivers need to come around in a hurry, especially if they are going to throw a rookie QB in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbra Di Cane View Post
    I think we'll see mostly TRich with a dose of Jackson more than any of the other RB's we have. I just think they will be better feeding off each other than Hardesty or Ogbonaya would be.

That said, I say TRich sees the ball no more than 15-20 times a game to start the year and 25-30 mid to late season. I'd rather Weeden find his groove early and use the run when weather gets crappy.
    I think another interesting prospect to ponder is what the run / pass balance for the offense will be with a rookie QB and what looks to be a stud of a RB.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast