Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yah I figured so but I just can see us beating all three teams at least once. I am not too impressed by flacco, dalton may be good but I need more proof as well

vCash
    With the addition of Josh Gordon I'm really curious to see what the wide receiver group will look like when they start up in September. There are a lot of WRs in training camp if you include the guys that don't really have a shot but the guys with the best chance of making the team are:

Greg Little
    Mohammed Massaquoi
    Josh Gordon
    Josh Cribbs
    Jordan Norwood
    Josh Cooper
    Travis Benjamin
    Carlton Mitchell

That makes 8 players vying for 5 or 6 spots. That all depends on how many QBs, RBs, FBs and TEs they decide to carry on the roster. My guess is they will carry 6 WRs and only 3 RBs if all of their tailbacks are healthy going into the regular season.

The WRs I see likely to stay if they decide to go with 6 are:

Greg Little - a big part of the Julio Jones trade. He's becoming one of my favorite Browns because he seems like such a driven player that want to become the best he can be. Even if he produces half of what Jones does Heckert could argue he got great value in the deal.

Josh Gordon - This guy went from someone most of us had never heard of to the next Michael Irvin in the span of a week. An intriguing prospect with seemingly unlimited upside. My guess is he will take some time to find his place in the line-up. Although many people think he could start immediately.

Travis Benjamin - A pure burner, the addition of Gordon takes a lot of the pressure of of this kid. If he's given enough time he could prove to be a dangerous verticle weapon in Cleveland's new offense.

Josh Cribbs - Although he will probably not see as much time with the offense as he did in 2011 he can still be a productive player in 4 or 5 receiver sets. Personally, I'd like to see a couple plays a game involving him on screens or reverses.

Jordan Norwood - Before his season-ending concussion last season he was having a good stretch where he looked like a viable weapon in the slot. He's not a big or flashy guy but he has dependable hands. The fact that his main competition, Josh Cooper, has so many concussions might be what saves his spot on the team.

Mohammed Massaquoi - As of right now I think he is on the fence. The fact that he has 3 years of experience as a starter are what keeps him around initially but that might not even be enough. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if he held off Gordon for a starting spot.

Chances are Cooper and Mitchell could be added to the practice squad as I don't see him making anyone else's 53 man roster. If Massaquoi is on the outside looking in I'm sure another team out there would scoop him up and try to get something out of a guy that was a 2nd round pick 3 years ago. Heckert seems to follow the though of live and die by the draft. He will be remembered for the moves he's made this off-season.

vCash
    Taylor update
    Lane Adkins ‏ @ LaneAdkins
    And another........DT Phil Taylor, sidelined with a tear in his pec could be ready to play in 10 weeks

@ jmuss67 ......Taylor is doing remarkably well, it could be 10 weeks from now

Sounds like a huge case of OPTIMISM regarding Taylor injury, but told it wasn't as serious as D. Jackson's pec tear

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Taylor update
    Just hope they don't rush him back. Don't want to see him out a second time with a torn pec like DQ was as he is needed in the future and shouldn't be worrying about pushing himself to get back in which will probably be a building year.

Nice to hear him working though to get better and that the injury wasn't as bad as DQ's.

vCash
    Yeah for sure. I hope he doesn't rush back either. I am also glad he is recovering at a nice pace and it would be great too see him back at some point this season.

vCash
    Kind of off subject but does anybody else have Direct TV and were able to talk their way into a discount or possibly free NFL package this year? I have called them three times and they keep saying the best they can do is the 199 price. I keep getting woman who wont budge and have only been with them for a year so still have a year left on the contract so I don't know if that makes a difference but I keep hearing that people are getting it for free if they complain enough. Didn't know if you guys had any tips if one of you were able to get it.

vCash
    Does anyone think the browns did enough to get better against the run? Fujita will be out a few games, Gocong isnt getting any younger, and the injury to Taylor does not help.

Frostee Rucker might be an upgrade and Kaluka Maiava looked good towards the end of the year. Is there anything else to look forward from the D? Hughes?!?! I haven't heard anything about him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies84 View Post
    Does anyone think the browns did enough to get better against the run? Fujita will be out a few games, Gocong isnt getting any younger, and the injury to Taylor does not help.

Frostee Rucker might be an upgrade and Kaluka Maiava looked good towards the end of the year. Is there anything else to look forward from the D? Hughes?!?! I haven't heard anything about him...
    If Ward comes back fully healthy that will help the run game alot as he is a better in the box Safety especially against the run than a CF'er Safety or a coverage safety.

Also the depth now on the line will help immensely as it will give guys like Sheard and Rubin breaks which they were not receiving last year that killed them. If Taylor comes back by midseason too this will help out a lot as he was gased at the end of the year too. Having the depth in Winn, Hughes, Paxson, Scheafering on the inside and Parker, Benard, Stephens will all help.

Then finally the offense being able to stay on the field more this year will help a lot too. That is why a big key is TRich and him being able to control the ground game on the offensive side of the ball so that they can finally eat some clock up and move the chains rather than 3 and outs the entire game which ended up burying their defense in the 4th quarter a lot last year.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing what James-Micheal Johnson does and also Billy Winn.

vCash
    Otto had some really good points. The best point he made was how the offense has to stay on the field for longer than 3 plays at a time. Richardson will be a huge factor there.

But the fact there was so much change last year going from Rob Ryan's aggressive 3-4 to Jauron's vanilla 4-3 defense as well as two rookies (Taylor and Sheard), a guy who played 3-4 his enitre career (Rubin) and a career back-up (Mitchell) on the defensive line it wasn't going to be easy. They all struggled with gap control at certain points and Taylor was playing with poor pad level early on. We saw in the last 4 or 5 games that they were improving against the run and I'm sure they will continue to improve. The fact that Jauron and Rhodes have a full off-season to continue developing these guys will greatly benefit the team.

The Browns could surprise some people this season if the defense doesn't regress and the young, potentially potent offense puts a few more points up on the board.

vCash
    Jason LA Canfora of CBS predicts the Browns will only win 1 game this season.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports...inks_repo.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Jason LA Canfora of CBS predicts the Browns will only win 1 game this season.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports...inks_repo.html
    Thats awesome. A lot of rookies going to be playing this year so it just depends on how quick them and the second years guys perform IMO.

vCash
    If we only win 1 game Shurmur and H and H will all be gone.

vCash
    It's hard to get over how young the Browns have gotten on offense in Heckert's 3 off-seasons as GM, the last two more so. Cleveland went from one of the oldest and slowest rosters in the league to now the youngest offense in the NFL as well as some great young talent on defense. We may not all agree with the moves Heckert has made thus far but I think we can all agree that the future is much brighter now than it has been for quite some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Kind of off subject but does anybody else have Direct TV and were able to talk their way into a discount or possibly free NFL package this year? I have called them three times and they keep saying the best they can do is the 199 price. I keep getting woman who wont budge and have only been with them for a year so still have a year left on the contract so I don't know if that makes a difference but I keep hearing that people are getting it for free if they complain enough. Didn't know if you guys had any tips if one of you were able to get it.

My buddy called the other day to complain and they gave him a discounted price for total service as well as a huge discount on the NFL package.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast