Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Browns looking to trade McCoy

The Cleveland Browns realized soon after the NFL Draft that they want to get rid of quarterback Colt McCoy. They had no takers, so they decided to keep him, reports ESPNCleveland.com.

“When Weeden was drafted, I was told by an NFL source
    Browns team president Mike Holmgren said that McCoy has indeed had a rough time recently.
    that the Browns didn’t want to ‘pile on’ McCoy and just release him,” says Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com. “They were sensitive to the fact he had gotten such a raw deal already. They would like to find McCoy a new team, a new opportunity, to spare him the ignominy of being released. They will not demand much in a trade.”

“I think (Colt’s) a wonderful young man, and a good football player,” Holmgren said. “And if you are asking me to say was it fair last year? He had a tough go and he didn’t get as much help as I thought he was going to get. But heck, that’s football.”
    Last edited by STL Don; 06-17-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Would you guys take James Jones for Colt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Would you guys take James Jones for Colt?
    James Jones?... In a heartbeat. I'd much rather like to see the Browns obtain a roster player at a position lacking quality depth than a 6th or 7th round pick. You never know, maybe the Packers are tight against the cap and they could be looking to unload AJ Hawk's salary...

vCash
    I don't think Cleveland is willing to take on player like AJ Hawk and especially his salary. They just re-signed DQ long term and got two young LB's in the draft. AJ Hawk would add nothing to the D IMO as he is not good outside and has no place in front of DQ.

I think the question with James Jones would be how high are they really on MoMass. If they go into Pre-season with the same WR's they have right now then you have to believe they think the WR corp has improved because of the line help, the running game help and Weeden. If they struggle in Pre-season games then I could see them going after a WR via trade or roster cut before the season begins. Right now though from the talk out of Berea it seems they are truly excited about seeing what the WR's can do but then again we heard that last year too so who knows.

Little
    MoMass
    Benjamin
    Norwood
    Cooper
    Mitchell

Thats 6 WR's with four being able to play outside and 2 playing the slot. It will be interesting to see if they keep both Cooper and Norwood as well as if they just keep Cribbs on ST with some creative plays for him on offense which seem to be the route they are thinking right now. If MoMass or Mitchell struggle in Pre-season I would not be surprised to see them cut one of Norwood or Cooper and go out and get another outside reciever such as a James Jones.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    All very good points made Otto...

There will be some very interesting battles going on in camp. We are seeing the talent on the roster build over the last couple years and by the looks of things almost all starting roster spots are set. The interesting battles will be for back-up positions. Wide Receiver, cornerback and safety should be fun to watch in training camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    James Jones?... In a heartbeat. I'd much rather like to see the Browns obtain a roster player at a position lacking quality depth than a 6th or 7th round pick. You never know, maybe the Packers are tight against the cap and they could be looking to unload AJ Hawk's salary...
    I see. Someone brought it up. I wouldn't be a big fan of it as a Packers fan but I do rather like Colt and our backup QB is a huge mess.

Also this is in regards to both these posts. All of Hawk's salary is guaranteed. We gain no cap room this year by trading him or releasing him. He's pretty much stuck here at least for one more year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I don't think Cleveland is willing to take on player like AJ Hawk and especially his salary. They just re-signed DQ long term and got two young LB's in the draft. AJ Hawk would add nothing to the D IMO as he is not good outside and has no place in front of DQ.

I think the question with James Jones would be how high are they really on MoMass. If they go into Pre-season with the same WR's they have right now then you have to believe they think the WR corp has improved because of the line help, the running game help and Weeden. If they struggle in Pre-season games then I could see them going after a WR via trade or roster cut before the season begins. Right now though from the talk out of Berea it seems they are truly excited about seeing what the WR's can do but then again we heard that last year too so who knows.

Little
    MoMass
    Benjamin
    Norwood
    Cooper
    Mitchell

Thats 6 WR's with four being able to play outside and 2 playing the slot. It will be interesting to see if they keep both Cooper and Norwood as well as if they just keep Cribbs on ST with some creative plays for him on offense which seem to be the route they are thinking right now. If MoMass or Mitchell struggle in Pre-season I would not be surprised to see them cut one of Norwood or Cooper and go out and get another outside reciever such as a James Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I see. Someone brought it up. I wouldn't be a big fan of it as a Packers fan but I do rather like Colt and our backup QB is a huge mess.

Also this is in regards to both these posts. All of Hawk's salary is guaranteed. We gain no cap room this year by trading him or releasing him. He's pretty much stuck here at least for one more year.
    I thought they were pretty high on Graham Harrell and thats why they allowed Flynn to walk so easily. I could be mistaken though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I thought they were pretty high on Graham Harrell and thats why they allowed Flynn to walk so easily. I could be mistaken though.
    They seem to be but he's hot garbage.

He can't make real NFL throws. He's looked okay in PS and supposedly they say he looks better every single practice and his arm is improving but he just has a noodle arm.

It's hard for me to be excited about a guy who was released from the CFL.

That being said, I don't think they ever even considering trying to pay Flynn because they know they can develop the next one. Could be Harrell could be the kid we just drafted.

vCash
    I'd take what we can for Colt at this point.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Percy Harvin wants to be traded. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-trade-him/
    I would take him in a heartbeat. What would we have to give up?

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Percy Harvin wants to be traded. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-trade-him/
    I would take him in a heartbeat. What would we have to give up?
    I would take him too! Depends how willing they are to get rid of him. They would probably want at least a quality started. Not sure who we would be willing to part with. One name that I would be willing to send their way is Hardesty. Could provide a nice backup to AP. Maybe a higher draft pick with him? 2 or 3rd? Colt? I dont know. As much as I would like to see him in Cleveland, don't see us or them making that trade. Might require to much... However, Marshall went to the Bears for two 3rd rounders. Who knows!

vCash
    The Vikings aren't trading Percy Harvin, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    It wouldn't make much sense for the Vikings to appease Harvin's trade request right now. They are brutally thin at wideout and any draft picks they receive couldn't be used for a full year. Schefter says that Harvin is likely just letting the organization know how unhappy he is about salary and playing time. It's unclear if Harvin is serious about holding out of training camp.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/...ll-player-news

vCash
    I have my doubt Harvin comes to the Browns with Childress around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5776770

vCash

I really love these players that are coming into Cleveland and absorbing all of the cities sports teams. You can see it with Cribbs, Haden, Irving & Thompson (Cavs) and now TRich and Weeden. Hopefully Kipnis starts showing some support for the Cavs and Brownies as these kids seem to be the future of Cleveland sports.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast