Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Gotta wait on that comment. Watson could be cut come Pre-season or he could have a big year as he is in a contract year. Just depends on how healthy he is and if he can maintain health. Also depends on if Moore or Cameron can make a leap. I think right now if he stays healthy then he will be the #1 TE with Cameron subing for him while they have Moore split out because of his lack of blocking. Cameron from everything I saw last year at least tried putting a body on a defender where Moore just didn't seem like he understood how to block.

The one thing I am hoping not to see this year in the Browns is a lot of Alex Smith again. I do not mind the guy and actually thought he played well last year for having to help the right side but if he isn't playing then that means the line is holding up and they don't need that additional blocker where they can be putting Moore, Cameron, and Watson in 2 TE sets or a having one flanked out.
    Great point Otto, looking back at the DA year from Heaven, the Browns OL was solid. I am hoping that the line is well on their way to becoming dominant.

#browns 1st OTAS in the books. No apparent injuries.
    Tony Grossi Twitter

Always good to hear no one got hurt.

vCash
    #Browns coach Pat Shurmur said Phil Dawson will not be here for OTAs but will be back for mini-camp
    Will Burge Twitter

Not surprised at all since Dawson has been here for 13 years. He only has to kick a ball so I would imagine there isn't much for him to do since ST are not the focus during OTAs.

vCash
    #browns hc Shurmur said safety Eric Hagg showed some good things last season and is getting a shot starting FS job.
    Mary Kay Cabot Twitter.

Looks like Hagg might be #1 on the depth chart. I see this flipping with every practice almost. Should be an interesting battle as you pointed out Otto.

vCash
    Gonna start an OTA thread to put all the updates in fellas.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    With the owners approving one player being allowed to be reactivated after week 8 from the IR could come into play with Taylor. Also approved moving the trade deadline from week 6 to 8. Interesting to see it the IR rule actually does anything or if it is even used on Taylor.

vCash
    Browns TE Ben Watson reiterated that he's back to full health following a trio of concussions last season.
    Watson has received nothing but positive reports after making "numerous" visits to a neurologist. Just 27th in fantasy points per week among tight ends last season, Watson won't be worthy of a draft pick in typical 12-team leagues.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Lets hope this last with his health. Could be a good mentor to Moore and Cameron hopefully teaching them how to block as it doesn't seem he knows how to read hot routes or coverages anymore. Might have been the concussions but he had major issues with this last year when in.

vCash
    Coach Pat Shurmur says Greg Little and Mohamed Massaquoi are the Browns' "early starters" at receiver.
    Little can be safely penciled in as the No. 1 wideout, but Massaquoi will have to fight off fourth-round pick Travis Benjamin. It's an advantage for Massaquoi to begin OTAs atop the depth chart, but he'll be far from guaranteed of starting in Week 1. He hasn't been the same player since his October 2010 concussion, and turned in a thoroughly unimpressive 2011. The Browns have proven almost comically hesitant to cut the cord on disappointing players, however, so Massaquoi's chances of winning the job can't be discounted.
    http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

vCash
    I wouldn't mind giving MoMass one more shot. Up until 2010, I thought he was progressing. Not as fast as I would have liked, but progress. I think Weeden is going to help him as he can finally get him the ball down the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I wouldn't mind giving MoMass one more shot. Up until 2010, I thought he was progressing. Not as fast as I would have liked, but progress. I think Weeden is going to help him as he can finally get him the ball down the field.
    The Concussions hurt him badly IMO just like they did with Watson last year. There is no reason though not to give him another year as it his last on his rookie deal so he isn't really costing anything and now with a better throwing QB and a better running game it might open up things for him on the outside. Needs to do a better job of getting off the line though and creating seperation but if Weeden with his accuracy is hitting him in stride it should be better. Need Moore, Cameron, and Benjamin to carry safeties with them on the inside though so him and Little can take advantage of single coverage at times.

vCash
    I know its a little older news but I have been trying to find a thread about it and haven't. What do you thin kof the news Jackson will be our 3rd down back. I like TRich catching but I also like the idea of giving him a breather. I wouldn't mind giving him some third downs off, but I really don't want to see him out every third down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I know its a little older news but I have been trying to find a thread about it and haven't. What do you thin kof the news Jackson will be our 3rd down back. I like TRich catching but I also like the idea of giving him a breather. I wouldn't mind giving him some third downs off, but I really don't want to see him out every third down.
    Saw that too and I love it. BJax was brought in just for this situation and could be a very good teacher to TRich this year in explaining different schemes, pickups and routes as they do differ from college. Also gives TRich the breathers that he should and well deserve after plowing on the first two downs.

Finally why not do this, you just drafted a RB number 3 overall. Why beat the guy down into the ground in his first year when you have a capable hopefully healthy RB that has shown he can handle 3rd down situations before on the roster. Beat the guy up that has one more year left on his contract taking on blitzers most of the time rather than your hopefully All-Pro RB.

vCash
    Anyone think there is a chance the Browns grab Gonzalez? Saw he was cut from Patriots

vCash
    I'm all for putting Brandon Jackson into the game for obvious pass situations. If it's 3rd and short or 3rd and medium you could make an argument for keeping Richardson in there. I'm sure they will find a way to use all of their running backs in a smart way keeping them all fresh and productive.

As for Gonzalez, I highly doubt the Browns go after a WR with a serious injury history and hasn't played any meaningful football in 3 seasons. They have enough mediocre receivers right now. Hopefully one or two of their current receivers steps up and takes their game to the next level. Here's looking at you MoMass and Carlton Mitchell...

vCash
    Gonzalez shouldn't have stopped using the sleep chamber thing
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash

props to Bee for the sig!!

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast