Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
    Alright, my friends and I were discussing on who makes the QB/WR good.

I say it's the QB that makes the WRs good.

Most argued that it's the WRs that make the QB good, and used Colt as an example as he does not have any prestigious WRs that you could argue that is a top WR. I argued that he threw horrible passes and had bad decision making.

Of course you can't have OLineman being WRs and expect to be successful, but you know what I mean....

What are you guys thoughts on this?
    I believe you need both. The QB has to be accurate and have touch, the WR MUST run crisp and solid routes to create separation. The WR runs a ****** route, no one is getting him the ball. QB has lousy accuracy, no WR is catching the ball. You have to have the combination.
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
    That means more wear and tear on him and more chance of injury and an early exit from the NFL.
    That's the way NFL running backs work nowadays. You run them into the ground until their rookie contract is up then move on. It's sad for the player, but that's how it is. No sense in wasting what little time you have with a good RB by limiting his carries.

vCash
    I just hope TRich can give us more than just three solid years. But since Jacoby Jones got released, the Browns should go after him for sure.

vCash
    Why you say that? What has Jacoby Jones ever really done?

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Hes better than nothing

vCash
    Scott fujita just got handed a 3 game suspension for his involvment in the bounty scandel.
    Who's going to replace him for those 3 games? Miava or the kid we drafted from nevada?

vCash
    Idk about that. He's no better than what we already have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mh33132888 View Post
    Scott fujita just got handed a 3 game suspension for his involvment in the bounty scandel.
    Who's going to replace him for those 3 games? Miava or the kid we drafted from nevada?
    That's a good question. It will be fun to see who emerges in camp and preseason.

vCash
    I woulnd't be surprised if they Moved DJax to the outside and JMJ to the middle. Or JMJ/Acho both have OLB experience. As letsgobrownies said, it will be interesting during camp. I believe the first rookie camp is the 11th. Can't wait to hear all about it. I really hope H&H say something that no one else did and the national media outlets can get burned yet again for thinking they know everything.

vCash
    No way they move Jackson to OLB. I see it being Maiva still.

vCash
    Whatever they do I could Fujita being out of a job when he gets back from suspension. Hopefully whoever fills in is ready to take on a full time starting job. Gocong is so much better at SAM than WILL and Fujita has lost a step.

vCash
    Yeah, Gocong did a great job. I could see Johnson winnning the WILL spoth though as he is quicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Whatever they do I could Fujita being out of a job when he gets back from suspension. Hopefully whoever fills in is ready to take on a full time starting job. Gocong is so much better at SAM than WILL and Fujita has lost a step.
    Well its been a while as I just got back into town and really haven't been able to comment on the full draft last week. That will come tomorrow as you can all pretty much imagine I have a lot to say about the picks but still trying to get caught up on work.

Regarding the Fujita suspension though I believe that Maivai, DJax and Gocung are going to be the starters going into the season. JMJ is an inside linebacker that will take time to adjust to playing outside. Not saying he wont do it but Maivai should start the season after the FO being pretty high on him at the end of the season when he filled in for Fujita on the Weak Side and Gocung switched over to the strong side. Acho is a ST and depth player right now IMO so I do not see him coming out of camp with the starting position. Also I don't see Fujita being cut. This is the last year of his contract so I don't think they want to eat that money when they could just have him sit 3 games (He was going to sit some games probably due to an injury anyways so at least maybe he gets some extra conditioning while being out and can last the rest of the season for once). Also he still is a good mentor no matter how you look at it and is still able to participate in camps, OTA's and Preseason where he can continue to teach the younger guys now. If Maivai comes out and plays well the first three games then Fujita is just more depth in a scarce position for the Browns and if Maivai sucks then just throw Fujita out there again to start and see what you can get left of him in his final season with the team. Much rather that happen then rushing JMJ or Acho into a bad situation where I think JMJ should just be DJax's backup as of this year while learning to transition to WILL.

BTW there is now way DJax is getting moved to the outside IMO. Didn't pay him that kind of money to move from his natural position after having a top 5 ILB season last year.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    ESPN News - Schefter: Ravens LB Terrell Suggs could miss 2012 season after tearing Achilles playing basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    ESPN News - Schefter: Ravens LB Terrell Suggs could miss 2012 season after tearing Achilles playing basketball
    Beat me to it. Well they did get Upshaw but this is good new for the Brownies and in particular Brandon Weeden not having to deal with him twice this year. Said he tore it while playing basketball. Maybe bad luck is moving to them.

This Guy is Ready!!!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast