Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Love the video, thanks for posting it.

vCash
    What the **** are we doing? Don't come crying here when AD tears his ACL again.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    What the **** are we doing? Don't come crying here when AD tears his ACL again.
    We're activating him from the PUP team, that doesn't mean that he's our starting RB and he's going to be running the ball 25 times per game again. Frankly for the early part of the season he's going to be lucky to see 5-10 carries.

We all knew he was going to come off the PUP before the pre-season was over anyways, at least this will let him get some carries in and give the team a better indication (more than they already have with him running around with Sugarman on the sidelines) where he's at going in to the season.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    It is still happening far too early, I keep on hearing he is going to get carries in the preseason? I will be cringing for at least the next 5 months. There is no reason to rush it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    It is still happening far too early, I keep on hearing he is going to get carries in the preseason? I will be cringing for at least the next 5 months. There is no reason to rush it.
    That's just it, I don't think we are rushing anything. I think the guys running this team know better than to play games and risk the career of their best player (not to mention one of the highest paid and the best RB in the league) if his knee isn't right. Double goes for Eric Sugarman.

AP is genetically gifted (I forget who said it but the quote I remember was "Its as if god created a running back.") and by all appearances, yes he actually HAS healed this fast. If everyone is in agreement, I'd rather see him test the waters with his knee now in the pre-season (while it doesn't mean anything) than role into the season with him as a big ?

I do agree though that we need to feed Toby the ball and it needs to be very clear going into the season that right now Toby is our starting RB and is going to be doing the bulk of the work, at least early on.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    it is less than 8 months since he had an injury that generally takes 12 months to heal.....so certainly the concern is there (and until he said it, I'd forgotten that Jerry Rice went thru almost the exact same injury, came back quickly, and got injured again his first game back...but he came back within the same season!)

AP's not back yet, tho...he's just off the PUP list. If he's in full pads going thru full practices this week, then I'll scream 'stop'
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Aug 14 - 11:49 AM

Adrian Peterson (knee) could see "limited action" in Minnesota's third preseason game on August 24.

AP won't suit up against the Bills on Friday, and it's doubtful he'll take the field in Minnesota's preseason finale on August 30 unless coach Leslie Frazier wants to get the entire first-team offense some action. It means Peterson will enter Week 1 with extremely few live snaps on his surgically-repaired left knee. Although it's obviously positive Peterson has avoided the reserve/PUP, he could see very small workloads the Vikings' first 3-4 games.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    Big AP fan as the rest of you are. I think the upside of limited carries in the first 3 or 4 games means a fresh AP down the stretch. We have the Bears and Pack twice in the last 6 games. I think having a fresh AP gives us a better chance of stealing 1 or 2 of those.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Big AP fan as the rest of you are. I think the upside of limited carries in the first 3 or 4 games means a fresh AP down the stretch. We have the Bears and Pack twice in the last 6 games. I think having a fresh AP gives us a better chance of stealing 1 or 2 of those.
    Plus there will be less game tape on Ponder/Peterson combo, as our offensive is tailored differently without AP in the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Plus there will be less game tape on Ponder/Peterson combo, as our offensive is tailored differently without AP in the game
    They're still going to stack the box though. Toby is no AP, but I don't think any other team is going to respect Ponder and our passing offense at all, at least not until we burn someone and win a game that we're not supposed to, cause you know we're supposed to suck.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Best posible scenario is we go 9-7, worst is .... 0-16. I expect somewhere in between.

vCash
    I think it's naive of us to caution what their doing in regards to bringing him back so soon. We have some of the best trainers in the world working with him and if they think he's ready then why should we question them? Look what they did with E.J.
    Last edited by JA22; 08-15-2012 at 01:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    I think it's naive of us to caution what their doing in regards to bringing him back so soon. We have some of the best trainers in the world working with him and if they think he's ready then why should we question them? Look what they did with E.J.
    Exactly, they know what they are doing. It's not that we are rushing him, it just tells you what kind of athlete Peterson really is. He is a freak! They will ease him into playing to start the season, and by mid-season he will be back in form.

vCash
    I still say we are rushing him, we are going to suck so why risk the long term in the short term?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast