Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Nov 15 - 5:40 PM

Dr. James Andrew was astonished to find that Adrian Peterson's knee had as much wear and tear as a "newborn baby" when he operated on the freakish tailback late last December.

"I can't believe it," Andrews told Peterson's parents. "For this guy to have played as much football as he's played his whole life, and not to have hardly any wear and tear, it's incredible. I've never seen a football player, especially one who runs and cuts as much as he does, with a knee in that condition." Peterson gives the doctor credit, but insists he's just different -- "my family and genetics. Just how my body is built." Rotoworld's Pat Daugherty suggests Peterson's knees are made of rare metals found on a comet that crashed to Earth in a Norwegian forest.

Source: NFL.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ayer-news?rw=1

vCash
    LOL^ That is aweosme. Maybe he will have longevity for his career? ray:

vCash
    He certainly isn't on this level yet but if Peterson ends up having a career lasting longer than most running backs (something like 15 seasons) I think he is going to be in the discussion of best running back of all time. I see Peterson breaking a lot of records and I believe he will go down as the best of all time.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    conservative estimate would put him at 8,400 career yards when this season is over...in his 6th year (and 200 behind Jim Brown...and 35th all time....but also meaning catching Jim this season is not a huge stretch)

Sweetness had 16,726 in 13 seasons....so AP's pace couldn't slow down much if he's going to catch him....or Emmitt for that matter, whose 18,355 yds took him 15 seasons

Makes Barry Sanders' 15,269 yds in 10 seasons look that much more incredible when you realize he AVERAGED over 1500 per season...and AP would only hit that mark for the 2nd time if he does so this year.

That said, it's increasingly hard to compare pure stats now against prior generations....the league has become increasingly a passing league.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    I agree, hard to compare. What he's done though, how dynamic he is. He shows that regardless, he's in the conversation of one of the best all time.

vCash
    2000 doesn't seem too far fetched now does it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910