Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Adrian Peterson has experienced no swelling in his surgically-repaired left knee the day after practices.
    Peterson has been practicing without contact for more than a week now. It's a great sign that he was able to take 18 first-team carries on Monday and wake up the next day with no complications in his knee. Players often experience swelling and soreness when they first return to the field following an ACL tear. If he can sustain these good vibes after taking some hits, he'll be on track for an impact in Week 1.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    God I'm still hesitant on putting him out there come Week 1. 1 set back and that might be it folks. But so far it seems we are doing everything right in terms of bringing him along.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Make no mistake, AP wont come and play if he isn't ready. He is the first person that doesn't want to mess up his possible Hall Of Fame career due to an early return. I believe him when he says he is ready to go out and kick some ***.

vCash
    Aug 27 - 7:04 PM

Adrian Peterson (knee) took hits in Vikings practice for the first time on Monday.

"We put him through some things today," coach Leslie Frazier said. "We told our defense to hit him a little bit and wanted to see how he responded." Frazier also confirmed AP's rehab has remained setback free. "He hasn't had any swelling or any soreness. Everything has gone relatively smoothly at this point." AP is on track for a limited workload in Week 1.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
    http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

vCash
    Think AP will play week 1?

I have read reports that he may not play, but then again that might be a lie to catch the Jags offguard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Think AP will play week 1?

I have read reports that he may not play, but then again that might be a lie to catch the Jags offguard.
    Its not a lie, they are trying to create uncertainty. Unless we hear something bad like he suffered a setback or something, AP is going to play in Week 1. Don't expect anything more than maybe 5-8 carries, but I figure we'll give him something at the goal line so he can get his TD.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Adrian Peterson (knee) will take hits without limitations for the first time Wednesday.
    Peterson played in no preseason games and Vikings defenders previously weren't allowed to rough him up during practice. Now comes the real test as he figures to take some good shots on his surgically repaired knee. But with just four days until the opener, a real role in Week 1 is unrealistic. Coach Leslie Frazier has already said that if Peterson is active against the Jaguars, it will be "with limited exposure."
    rotoworld

I figured that I should post this here too.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Adrian Peterson: Iím ready to play
    Running back Adrian Petersonís left knee continues to be the focus of attention in Minnesota.

Peterson has cleared every test the Vikings have put before him without setbacks, Wednesdayís return to unlimited contact was the latest, and thatís left him feeling pretty confident about his fitness for action on Sunday against the Jaguars.

ďIím ready to play,Ē Peterson said, via Tom Pelissero of ESPN1500.com. ďIf thatís 10 snaps, five, 25, 30, Iím ready to roll. Thatís my mindset and how Iím feeling about it. So, Iím just going to keep my mindset pointed in that direction.Ē

Peterson acknowledges that the decision isnít his to make alone, although it sounds like heís convincing some of the guys who will be making the call. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said he has ďnot too much doubtĒ that Peterson will be ready to play against Jacksonville and that the team already has a set number of plays in mind for the tailback.

It seems that the Vikings have learned everything about Peterson that they are going to learn without putting him into a game. Itís feeling more and more like theyíll get some idea about that come Sunday.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ready-to-play/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Anyone else painfully wishing we could see 2-3 runs in practice where he gets hit! The uncertainty and mind games played by coaches in the NFL would prevent it but I want to see PURPLE JESUS RISE!!!!!
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

rotoworld

I figured that I should post this here too.
    Even though Peterson is cleared to take some hits, I think the Vikes Defense will go easy on him.

If you played on Minny's defense, would you want to be the one to re-injure his knee?

vCash
    Peterson ha s worked so hard, I say reward him with the start, even if they don't plan on give him many carries. That crowd is going to explode if Peterson comes in on the first play, and if he runs for anything more than 4 yards the crowd will completly give us the momentum.

vCash
    I bet he gets a little under 100 yrds and toby gets a little over 50

vCash
    Ponder will rush for like 40

vCash
    I've been torn on this subject for weeks now....part of me knows he's just beast enough to actually be as ready as anyone else is to start playing again, despite the months difference in the healing time.....and part of me thinks Jerry Rice is right..he thought he was ready, too, and he wasn't...

And you know darn well the Vikes' D players were given strict rules on when/how/whether to hit him in practice and anyone disobeying fined or cut......so he'll get to this game having never been hit the way he'd get hit in real game situations...and I don't mean the Jags would even be dirty about it.

For me, the ideal first game for him would be like 10 carries for 60 yards and a touchdown and not needing to really think about playing the second half because we're up by 3 scores.............which happened never last year, so I'm not expecting it Sunday
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I've been torn on this subject for weeks now....part of me knows he's just beast enough to actually be as ready as anyone else is to start playing again, despite the months difference in the healing time.....and part of me thinks Jerry Rice is right..he thought he was ready, too, and he wasn't...

And you know darn well the Vikes' D players were given strict rules on when/how/whether to hit him in practice and anyone disobeying fined or cut......so he'll get to this game having never been hit the way he'd get hit in real game situations...and I don't mean the Jags would even be dirty about it.

For me, the ideal first game for him would be like 10 carries for 60 yards and a touchdown and not needing to really think about playing the second half because we're up by 3 scores.............which happened never last year, so I'm not expecting it Sunday
    Well another thing to consider about AP's recovery (aside from the differences in the procedure, I think Jerry Rice had to have holes drilled in his kneecap which later cracked, I don't think this was done for AP) as momentous as we're all making it, look at Reshard Mendenhall. I know he's younger than AP and by all appearances didn't suffer as sever a knee injury as AP did (hard to call an ACL injury not sever but you know what I mean). He was hurt about a week after AP and he'll be back soon too.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast