Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    I still say we are rushing him, we are going to suck so why risk the long term in the short term?
    I feel your concern but I'm sure if they tried telling Adrian Peterson, "Hey we know you wanna get out there and play but we suck right now so we're going to hold you back even though you feel your ready cuz we don't want to risk your future health, just in case."

That wouldn't go over good. Peterson wants to play, they are paying him to play... he's going to play. As fans we can sit here and discuss whether it's right or wrong to bring him back early but at the end of the day it's Peterson's decision and the coaches and they gotta keep him happy.

I'm sure they're not going to give in to all he wants and let him go out every snap week 1, they'll edge him back in and Toby gives us that luxury to do so but I don't think they should tell him no your not coming back right now, even to practice, if he medically checks out. Which from what I'm hearing and seeing he has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    I feel your concern but I'm sure if they tried telling Adrian Peterson, "Hey we know you wanna get out there and play but we suck right now so we're going to hold you back even though you feel your ready cuz we don't want to risk your future health, just in case."

That wouldn't go over good. Peterson wants to play, they are paying him to play... he's going to play. As fans we can sit here and discuss whether it's right or wrong to bring him back early but at the end of the day it's Peterson's decision and the coaches and they gotta keep him happy.

I'm sure they're not going to give in to all he wants and let him go out every snap week 1, they'll edge him back in and Toby gives us that luxury to do so but I don't think they should tell him no your not coming back right now, even to practice, if he medically checks out. Which from what I'm hearing and seeing he has.
    Yep that's a great point. Nobody on the team is rushing Peterson as much as he is rushing himself.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Rule for Vikings’ defense: If you touch Adrian Peterson, you’re cut
    Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is back and practice less than eight months after suffering a torn ACL, and he’s hoping to see how he feels when he takes a hit. But that will have to wait until Peterson suits up against an opposing team.

Players on the Vikings’ defense have been told that hitting Peterson is a serious no-no.

“The rules are simple,” Vikings safety Jamarca Sanford told the Star-Tribune. “Do not touch 28. If you touch him, you’re cut.”

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said he talked to the defense about taking it easy on Peterson. But Peterson is looking as strong as ever, to the point where Frazier said defensive players were asking if Peterson could be told not to run them over.

“Now we have to adhere to it,” Frazier said. “But one of the things they told me was, ‘Coach, you know how he runs. What about protecting us?’”

From all indications, Peterson will be good to go when the Vikings start the season against the Jaguars on September 9 — and he won’t need any protection.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...son-youre-cut/

Why didn't they have that rule when Madieu Williams played for us?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Everything is going to be OK!!!! We are easing him back slowly and making him happy at the same time, we will be using Toby a ton so we are good there.

vCash
    haha I find that rule funny. I mean yeah we don't want some aggressive punk trying to make a name for himself on the team hitting Peterson but at the same time it's a little much to say instantly cut. I'm sure they just want to get the point across don't do something stupid with Peterson cuz there's really no reason to risk injuring him in practice.

vCash
    Got to say its pretty incredible if AP is ready by game 1 and is as effective as prior to his injury. I almost find it hard to believe that it would be possible. We'll see.

vCash
    We better see a time-share for at least the entire year if I am Speilman. Need to be safe and why not because Gerhart isn't crap either.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    ^Fantasy players cringe at that thought :P The whole year? Probably not but first half, I say do it!

vCash
    Yeah, first half at least. Considering the best we can be is mediocre I say better safe than sorry.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I'm still amazed in the time it took him to heal. Mark my words, next year come this time A.P. will be getting ready to have his biggest season as a pro.. last year and this year are really gonna urge him to show he's still got it and it ain't gonna hold him back.

vCash
    Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Vikings coach Leslie Frazier suggested Sunday that Adrian Peterson (knee) could make his preseason debut as soon as this Friday.
    "We’re going to get him a little bit more each day (this practice week) and see how he responds," said Frazier. "We need to determine what’s the next step. ... We have some ideas on how we want to approach it. But a lot of it depends on how he feels with some of the things we’re going to give him this week." It sounds like Peterson will play Friday night if the practice week goes well.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    lol @ this guy http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...ckups/30310627 what he says about Peterson is just stupid. Sure I understand people not being optimistic about his injury recovery in Fantasy Football terms but to say what he did about his little run in with the law shows how stupid he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JA22 View Post
    lol @ this guy http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...ckups/30310627 what he says about Peterson is just stupid. Sure I understand people not being optimistic about his injury recovery in Fantasy Football terms but to say what he did about his little run in with the law shows how stupid he is.
    That dudes a F%cking dork,,,and doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.
    Every sentence made me want to puke.

vCash
    It's funny how all these so called Fantasy Guru's act like they know everything but who ever holds them up to accountability after the season is over when half of what they say is completely wrong. That's why I don't listen to their advice. I listen to the news like if so-and-so is getting a lot of first team reps and has looked good then I'll decide for my self if I feel they are in for a big season but a lot of the times they caution you on players like Peterson and get their potshots in and the player just makes them shove their foot in their mouth by going out and doing great. Like MJD last year.

vCash
    Coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday that Adrian Peterson (knee) won't play in the Vikings' final two preseason games.
    Frazier stressed the move has nothing to do with Peterson's progress, and is strictly precautionary. It's unideal that Peterson's first live reps since shredding his left knee will come in a regular-season game, but there's been nary a discouraging report on his rehab. AP will be limited for potentially 2-3 games, but could be back to full speed by the season's second month.
    rotoworld

The no-contact ban in practice on Adrian Peterson (knee) is expected to be lifted soon.
    Peterson received 18 carries during the full-team portion of Monday's practice, but the Vikings' defenders still aren't touching him. The good news is that Peterson experienced no problems or side effects the day after those 18 carries. We're anxious to see how he responds once he starts taking hits. "When bodies fall down in front of him, how does he handle that? Does he stop and plant as the Adrian of old, or does he just come to a standstill where he's liable to taking a really serious hit?" coach Leslie Frazier pondered.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast