Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
    vCash

Chicago Blackhawks Off Season Rumors, Ideas & Updates

So pumped the season is back

vCash
    Just a random thought.....

I wonder what it would cost the Hawks to trade for Luongo.

If they were able to trade for him, would they be able to buy his contract out after next season, or is it current players on their rosters?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Just a random thought.....

I wonder what it would cost the Hawks to trade for Luongo.

If they were able to trade for him, would they be able to buy his contract out after next season, or is it current players on their rosters?
    They would be able to buy him out with 1 of the 2 but it would cost a whole lot of cash because of how many years (and overall money) Lu still has on his deal. I doubt we see any real long term contracts get bought out.

I was for Lu before the future salary cap was announced. Now I would stay away because of the money.

vCash
    Youre right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    They would be able to buy him out with 1 of the 2 but it would cost a whole lot of cash because of how many years (and overall money) Lu still has on his deal. I doubt we see any real long term contracts get bought out.

I was for Lu before the future salary cap was announced. Now I would stay away because of the money.
    Yeah, I'd rather go for a younger, more long-term option. I wonder what it would cost to get Bernier from LA or Markstrom from Florida if they get Luongo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather go for a younger, more long-term option. I wonder what it would cost to get Bernier from LA or Markstrom from Florida if they get Luongo.
    I like Bernier but I wouldn't sell the farm for him. I feel like only an overpayment will get him and I'm not 100% sold on him.

vCash
    I like Bernier but I wouldn't sell the farm for him. I feel like only an overpayment will get him and I'm not 100% sold on him.
    Sadly, this is probably true. I'm not sure if he's going to be a great goalie or just a good one. I think the Kings will hold onto Bernier for now, especially with this crazy schedule and Quick's back problems. That could pay off big time for them, as Bernier could establish himself as a legitimate #1 goalie. If Florida trades for Luongo, I hope Stan is on the phone with Tallon right away to talk about trading for Markstrom. Maybe you could sell him on Stalberg and/or some of our prospects for him.

vCash
    No surprise here...

Heard from a well-placed source overnight that the Blackhawks, while not actively pursuing trades themselves, are listening to overtures from a number of teams, and have a fairly long list of available players and prospects.

And numerous teams have called.

None of the players available are "core" players. But 1-2 of the names available might mildly surprise some.

Make no mistake, the Hawks are sitting back and waiting for teams to come to them, and they will very likely deal a defenseman (or two) because of both NHL depth and the development of Ryan Stanton and Stephen Johns specifically. The club is also confident in the longer term prospects of Adam Clendening as a puck rusher.

Two players whose market values (and by contrast their expendability to the Hawks) are high are Niklas Hjalmarsson and Nick Leddy. And just as thousands of fans on message boards have figured out that the Hawk blueline is overcrowded—with the offseason signings of Johnny Oduya, Michal Rozsival and Sheldon Brookbank—so have NHL GMs.

My information is these GMs are calling the Hawks and asking about Leddy and/or Hjalmarsson in particular. Of the two, Leddy's age, salary, NHL experience and potential likely make him the most coveted player on the Hawk blueline—who might also be available.
    Jaeckel

vCash
    LeBrun mentioned on the hockey today podcast (espn) that the Hawks talked with LA about Bernier in the summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    LeBrun mentioned on the hockey today podcast (espn) that the Hawks talked with LA about Bernier in the summer.
    Interesting. This is the first time I have heard an actual rumor that the Blackhawks spoke with LA about him. There has been speculation but no rumors. TFP also said that the Blackhawks spoke with the Canucks about Luongo. Toss in the fact that the Blackhawks were apparently in on Brodeur...and it doesn't look like there is a lot of confidence going around for Crawford.

vCash
    Interesting. This is the first time I have heard an actual rumor that the Blackhawks spoke with LA about him. There has been speculation but no rumors. TFP also said that the Blackhawks spoke with the Canucks about Luongo. Toss in the fact that the Blackhawks were apparently in on Brodeur...and it doesn't look like there is a lot of confidence going around for Crawford.
    Yeah, I even read in the Sun Times that Crawford was asked if he feels any pressure and he kinda gave a response like he was shocked he was already asked about "pressure".

I have never been a fan of Crawford and it doesnt make me feel any better that the GM doesnt have any confidence in him either. I think it is safe to say that Q doesnt have much either.

But is Bernier the answer? I dont know enough about him but I wouldnt think so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    No surprise here...

Jaeckel
    Jaeckel is a moron.

vCash
    It's good to see Stanton getting credit, he's been the Hogs most reliable source defensively

vCash
    Have we hired a new assistant coach to replace Haviland?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon24 View Post
    Have we hired a new assistant coach to replace Haviland?
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=81686

He is going to run the PP I believe. He spoke about his philosophy which was pretty much "Get traffic in front of the net and get low hard shots".

Pretty goals will come if the opportunity allows them. The opportunity will come from continually peppering the goalie and creating havoc.
    Last edited by Boom!; 01-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast