Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    Also, what position will kaner play? Something tells me the carcillo-Kane-Hossa line is going to get another shot. I agree that'd I would like to see pirri get a shot over Kruger in a scoring role. Also wouldn't mind seeing a trade for a stop-gap 2C ( S. Weiss?) with an expiring contract to buy Pirri/Kruger/Terravainen/Danault to be ready. Also we could possibly use a hard hitting forechecking type of winger. We have 8 dmen and an outrageously deep prospect pool, I would like to see us do something trade-wise because I think we do have a few holes.
    I agree that Kane could definitely be used at the 2c position again. Kane has definitely gotten stronger defensively (up near the top in takeaways last year) but there is room to grow. When you put him with a guy like Hossa who is a stud defensively, then it helps out a lot. I actually like what Carcillo brings to the table as well. As long as he isn't an idiot, he has a lot more offensive upside than a lot of people give him credit for.

It would be nice to have a banger in there as well. I personally think a Ryan Malone could be on the market because he isn't worth his contract. I think he would be the type of player that the Blackhawks need. Guys like Malone, Clowe, Brown, Ott, etc who hit, muck it up in front of the net, create opportunities through their body, etc are awesome guys to have on a team. Blackhawks definitely are missing a guy like this.

vCash
    Just wanted to quickly say that thank god the season is about to start.
    I have missed you guys/girls!

vCash
    Well, hello old friends. Really wasn't sure if I would/could come back to hockey but I can't turn my back on the game I've watched since '97. Hope this never happens again and cant wait to see some PLAYER rumors finally.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    I knew I'd watch. I'm not about to buy tickets though.

vCash
    How early is too early to start talking about next seasons starting goaltender?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    How early is too early to start talking about next seasons starting goaltender?
    Counting Crow out? I'm fairly worried about him my self. But, I think we should give him a chance before we panic.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Teuvo played out of his mind in the Junior Championships. I watched a few of his games and he was awesome. Pretty sure he finished (ehhh, lame joke but think about it??) top 5 in scoring. I think he fell to the Blackhawks because many viewed him as a "project" who was atleast 2 - 3 years out from contributing at the NHL level because of his size/growth that is needed. Most teams in the top 10 want an impact guy now. The Blackhawks large amount of prospects and top guys enabled them to take a "risk" on a guy like Teuvo who they could wait on. Very excited with the possibilities. He has a slow start this year but has started to tear it up.

I'm with you on Saad. A big guy with nice skating and hands...but he just hasn't brought it all together at the AHL level yet, which is a little worrisome. I think he projects to a 2nd line type of guy. Just wondering where he fits in (if he does) on this year's team. The Blackhawks have a whole lot of guys who are going to be on the bubble.
    This could very well be true, but I think he mostly because a lot of teams went for defensemen. This was a very solid draft for defense.

I'd like to see us make a move. A big guy with a little offensive upside that can play in front of the net, pick up garbage goals, and help on the power play would be huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    This could very well be true, but I think he mostly because a lot of teams went for defensemen. This was a very solid draft for defense.

I'd like to see us make a move. A big guy with a little offensive upside that can play in front of the net, pick up garbage goals, and help on the power play would be huge.
    I'll agree with this but can't really think of a player that would fit in money wise (long term) and that might be available.

I came up with Ryan Malone but he has a high salary. Would have to see money go the other way and I can't see how that would work with Tampa.

vCash
    This new salary cap is going to hurt the Blackhawks' chances of re-signing Stalberg at the end of the year. I think he is just going to command more than he is worth for the Blackhawks. My personal opinion is that they should look into trading him mid-season for an upgrade. He is just the type of piece a team trading a veteran (a Doan, Iginla type player that is a UFA) is going to look for if they are "sellers".

vCash
    This new salary cap is going to hurt the Blackhawks' chances of re-signing Stalberg at the end of the year. I think he is just going to command more than he is worth for the Blackhawks. My personal opinion is that they should look into trading him mid-season for an upgrade. He is just the type of piece a team trading a veteran (a Doan, Iginla type player that is a UFA) is going to look for if they are "sellers".
    I think their cap situation will be okay assuming they will be under the cap of 64 million and that isnt including buying out the contracts of either Oduya, Montador, or Frolik.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I think their cap situation will be okay assuming they will be under the cap of 64 million and that isnt including buying out the contracts of either Oduya, Montador, or Frolik.
    They are definitely better off than a lot of teams. Could be why Stan didn't add on salary last year...might turn out to be a smart move in the end.

vCash
    Whats going on boys....

Seems like we picked up exactly where we all left off as far as roster moves, our beloved GM StanBo and the hopes and dreams of our Lil Piggies at The Rock.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    They are definitely better off than a lot of teams. Could be why Stan didn't add on salary last year...might turn out to be a smart move in the end.
    Im starting to believe the same thing. But then again, he did try to sign Parise and Suter so who knows.

vCash
    I'll agree with this but can't really think of a player that would fit in money wise (long term) and that might be available.

I came up with Ryan Malone but he has a high salary. Would have to see money go the other way and I can't see how that would work with Tampa.
    Ryan Malone would be solid, but like you said he has a high salary. Speaking as someone who nearly got beat in fantasy hockey because of the crazy stretch Malone put up in the Championship week, I wouldn't mind getting him as long as there was salary heading back to Tampa as well.

Just looked at his salary. Malone is signed for less than I thought at $4.5 million a year. However, he isn't a free agent until 2015-16. Maybe we make a move with a bad contract (Montador?) and give them a low draft pick or an AHL player as well. Then if he doesn't work out, you just amnesty him later.

vCash
    I wouldnt expect too many moves if any at all