Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3575 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25753075347535253565357335743575357635773585362536754075 ... LastLast
Results 53,611 to 53,625 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I don't think Frolik's upside has really diminished. He is still pretty damn young and does a whole lot of things right for a guy his age. I actually prefer to keep Frolik on the team as I think he would be great for the third line. He really reminds me of a miniature Hossa - great on the boards, plays great defense, awesome backchecking, and is good with the puck. Unfortunately, Frolik just has a terrible shot and release to his shot.

In terms of why the CBJ would take one of those guys back, because they need to fill out their roster and because Umberger has a bigger contract and they might have to take salary back. Montador/Frolik would probably be included but it would obviously be all about the prospects/picks the Blackhawks are willing to give up.
    Exactly. It'd be either frolik or montador and that would allow them to get better prospects/picks along with fro/monty. Plus both players still have to potential to be somewhat productive, and Columbus has plenty of cap. We also have plenty of prospects to give. Makes perfect sense for both teams, depending on their in-division dealing policies.

vCash
    Here's a good question too...if you had to buy a jersey of a current NHL player not on the Blackhawks...who would it be?

For me...Dustin Brown. American and I absolutely love the way he plays hockey. He plays it the right way, 100% of the time.
    THIS. Agree, as far as non-hawks players go. However, I think I would look like someone who didn't know what hockey was until this year and trying to be "in" with the most recent winnig team's jersey.

I also agree with the Eberle comments. I am an Oilers fan, although I can't seem to figure out why, haha.

I have a home Brouwer jersey, black alternate Kaner jersey, away Norfolk Admirals Brouwer jersey, and a home Oilers Petr Klima jersey (very distant relative of mine).

I had thought about getting a Getzlaf jersey because I like his play style as well, but decided against it at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klima View Post
    THIS. Agree, as far as non-hawks players go. However, I think I would look like someone who didn't know what hockey was until this year and trying to be "in" with the most recent winnig team's jersey.

I also agree with the Eberle comments. I am an Oilers fan, although I can't seem to figure out why, haha.

I have a home Brouwer jersey, black alternate Kaner jersey, away Norfolk Admirals Brouwer jersey, and a home Oilers Petr Klima jersey (very distant relative of mine).

I had thought about getting a Getzlaf jersey because I like his play style as well, but decided against it at the time.
    For the first bolded, it's because they're one of the most offensively gifted young teams in all of hockey. For the second bolded, I'd hold off until after next off-season, as I feel there's a good chance that either him or Perry leaves the team in free agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Here is a pic of my autographed Sopel jersey

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...07407109_n.jpg

Me and 2 other guys who actually post on here out front of the Blues stadium back in December 2011...
    haha, that was a hell of a weekend. that pic is great.

vCash
    I respect what everyone is saying and really enjoy this board, but how can any of us think that we can trade Frolik and/or Montador to get anything of value in return. No one thinks Frolik has any trade value and Montador is coming off a major concussion. I think we would have to pay someone to take those two and their contracts right now. It would be great if Columbus would take these guys, but there is no way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    I respect what everyone is saying and really enjoy this board, but how can any of us think that we can trade Frolik and/or Montador to get anything of value in return. No one thinks Frolik has any trade value and Montador is coming off a major concussion. I think we would have to pay someone to take those two and their contracts right now. It would be great if Columbus would take these guys, but there is no way.
    I think you are misunderstanding us.

I think most are saying that Frolik/Montador would go back because of salary cap reasons. Then, those teams would also receive prospects/picks, and possibly upgrades in those for taking Frolik/Montador back. The value would definitely be in the accompanying pieces, not Frolik/Montador. At best those two guys straight up would get a low draft pick or prospect from a team desperate for them.

vCash
    Toews (red) Kane (white) I would like Mikita or Chelios next

also own

Urlacher
    Butkus
    Singletary
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    I think you are misunderstanding us.

I think most are saying that Frolik/Montador would go back because of salary cap reasons. Then, those teams would also receive prospects/picks, and possibly upgrades in those for taking Frolik/Montador back. The value would definitely be in the accompanying pieces, not Frolik/Montador. At best those two guys straight up would get a low draft pick or prospect from a team desperate for them.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. In a salary swap type situation, moving them merits some logic. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Fair enough, that makes sense. In a salary swap type situation, moving them merits some logic. Thanks.
    No worries. Sounds like everyone is on the same page with those guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    Over

I see Taser dropping them once, either out of frustration or to set an example for his teammates. Kaner wouldnt do that for either of those reason, or any reason for that matter.

2 part question:

True/False Sharpie leads the team in goals this year.
    Over/under 35 goals for whoever leads the team.
    False - I see Toews leading the team

Over - hopefully we get a 40+ goal scorer since Amonte did it (it will actually be under due to the potential lockout)

True/False - Bolland sees time as the 2 line center
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    False - I see Toews leading the team

Over - hopefully we get a 40+ goal scorer since Amonte did it (it will actually be under due to the potential lockout)

True/False - Bolland sees time as the 2 line center
    False: Maybe a spot start here and there, but I truly believe this is Qs team this year and he has control over the personal given to him. With that said, I believe that in Q's system Bolland is his guy for the 3C position.

Over/Under: Blackhawks have 5.5 twenty goal scorers.

vCash
    False: Maybe a spot start here and there, but I truly believe this is Qs team this year and he has control over the personal given to him. With that said, I believe that in Q's system Bolland is his guy for the 3C position.

Over/Under: Blackhawks have 5.5 twenty goal scorers.
    Hmmm. Let's see who we have.

Kane
    Toews
    Sharp
    Hossa
    Stalberg?
    Bolland?
    New addition, such as a #2C or someone like Saad?

Would need 2 of the 3 question marks to pot 20 this year.

Don't see Carcillo or Shaw hitting 20.

I'll say under.

True/false: 40+ assists for a dman this year.

vCash
    More trade rumor winds blowing on the Evander Kane front, and more denial by the Jets. Hmm. Something to watch here moving forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman™ View Post
    More trade rumor winds blowing on the Evander Kane front, and more denial by the Jets. Hmm. Something to watch here moving forward.
    I think this is the second time it has come out that E. Kane requested a trade...and then the second time where it was denied by either himself or the organization. However...where there is smoke, there is usually fire. He hasn't signed with the Jets yet so there definitely may be something there.

Blackhawks do have an edge with a former employee sitting in the GM chair in Winnipeg.

I think the base would be...Stalberg + Hammer/Leddy. From there it would probably go to a pick/prospect and it depends on if the Jets want Hammer or Leddy.

vCash
    The Chicago Blackhawks. I was told this by a few sources over the last 48 hours that the Hawks have interest in Evander Kane and Shane Doan and are currently putting together a huge offer for Kane...

In Doan's case I am hearing the ever tipping scale is tipping back towards the Coyotes and this week, especially the first few days of this week, are when we are most likely to see a resolution with Doan signing in Phoenix...

Evander Kane is a totally different situation. In many ways the Kane story reminds me of the Jordan Staal story from earlier this summer. While Kane is not "asking to be traded" as some have reported, it appears the door is at least a bit open to such an outcome...and the Hawks could be putting together the kind of package that nudges the door even further...
    From Eklund...key word being "Eklund" - still something to talk about.