Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    vCash
    for those who would have liked to see Scott Hannan is a blackhawks sweater next year..he is now a Nashville Predator, according to HB. Not sure of the terms.

vCash
    Do any of you follow HockeyyInsiderr on Twitter? He seems legit, and has some good info. Definitely better than JJ or Eklund. I guess he's starting a website that will rival HB. He has been talking about some Hawks rumors recently. Check him out if you want. Its been so quiet for a while now, I'll take pretty much any Hawks news/rumors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BP3 View Post
    Do any of you follow HockeyyInsiderr on Twitter? He seems legit, and has some good info. Definitely better than JJ or Eklund. I guess he's starting a website that will rival HB. He has been talking about some Hawks rumors recently. Check him out if you want. Its been so quiet for a while now, I'll take pretty much any Hawks news/rumors.
    Do not follow him! He is the worst! He tweets false reports all the time.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I think it's safe to say that nothing big is going to happen until the new CBA is figured out. If there's a lock-out, what good is trading away potential lock-out year picks for players? If the whole season is locked out (which is very doubtful but still possible, IMO), there would most likely be a lottery similar to the 2005 draft, which means that we'd have a chance of getting the #1 pick and drafting either Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones, who both look like stars.

vCash
    Just read that Umberger asked for a trade...hmmm.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    Just read that Umberger asked for a trade...hmmm.
    He should definitely be on the Blackhawks radar if this is true.

Would fit in the 2C position nicely, is a big body that plays physical, also around 50% at the dot.

A little expensive, but a Frolik/Montador going the other way in some fashion could help solve that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post

Would fit in the 2C position nicely, is a big body that plays physical, also around 50% at the dot.

A little expensive, but a Frolik/Montador going the other way in some fashion could help solve that.
    Completely agree. I don't see why he'd ask for a trade though. From what I heard earlier in the off-season he was part of the Blue Jackets' new player leadership, along with Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski. If he is available, you definitely go for him. He can play C or W and is a good checker. I'd be thrilled if we got him and gave up Frolik/Montador and prospects.

vCash
    Four straight 20-goal campaigns and 50+ points in three of the last five years. Got to hand it to him for being consistent.

vCash

But why would they want Frolik and Montador? Frolik's "upside" has diminished and is overpaid.

Montador, who I happen to like would not be the greatest fit on a team like Columbus. They are rebuilding and do not need an aging 5th dman at best...not to mention his salary as well.

The only way Montador ever gets dealt (which i do not think he ever will) is to a contender imo.

Now if you add a couple B level prospects then this deal can possibly get done but Columbus would be doing the hawks a favor by taking on these 2 contracts.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    But why would they want Frolik and Montador? Frolik's "upside" has diminished and is overpaid.

Montador, who I happen to like would not be the greatest fit on a team like Columbus. They are rebuilding and do not need an aging 5th dman at best...not to mention his salary as well.

The only way Montador ever gets dealt (which i do not think he ever will) is to a contender imo.

Now if you add a couple B level prospects then this deal can possibly get done but Columbus would be doing the hawks a favor by taking on these 2 contracts.
    I don't think Frolik's upside has really diminished. He is still pretty damn young and does a whole lot of things right for a guy his age. I actually prefer to keep Frolik on the team as I think he would be great for the third line. He really reminds me of a miniature Hossa - great on the boards, plays great defense, awesome backchecking, and is good with the puck. Unfortunately, Frolik just has a terrible shot and release to his shot.

In terms of why the CBJ would take one of those guys back, because they need to fill out their roster and because Umberger has a bigger contract and they might have to take salary back. Montador/Frolik would probably be included but it would obviously be all about the prospects/picks the Blackhawks are willing to give up.

vCash
    I don't think Frolik's upside has really diminished. He is still pretty damn young and does a whole lot of things right for a guy his age. I actually prefer to keep Frolik on the team as I think he would be great for the third line. He really reminds me of a miniature Hossa - great on the boards, plays great defense, awesome backchecking, and is good with the puck. Unfortunately, Frolik just has a terrible shot and release to his shot.

In terms of why the CBJ would take one of those guys back, because they need to fill out their roster and because Umberger has a bigger contract and they might have to take salary back. Montador/Frolik would probably be included but it would obviously be all about the prospects/picks the Blackhawks are willing to give up.
    Exactly. It'd be either frolik or montador and that would allow them to get better prospects/picks along with fro/monty. Plus both players still have to potential to be somewhat productive, and Columbus has plenty of cap. We also have plenty of prospects to give. Makes perfect sense for both teams, depending on their in-division dealing policies.

vCash
    I respect what everyone is saying and really enjoy this board, but how can any of us think that we can trade Frolik and/or Montador to get anything of value in return. No one thinks Frolik has any trade value and Montador is coming off a major concussion. I think we would have to pay someone to take those two and their contracts right now. It would be great if Columbus would take these guys, but there is no way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    I respect what everyone is saying and really enjoy this board, but how can any of us think that we can trade Frolik and/or Montador to get anything of value in return. No one thinks Frolik has any trade value and Montador is coming off a major concussion. I think we would have to pay someone to take those two and their contracts right now. It would be great if Columbus would take these guys, but there is no way.
    I think you are misunderstanding us.

I think most are saying that Frolik/Montador would go back because of salary cap reasons. Then, those teams would also receive prospects/picks, and possibly upgrades in those for taking Frolik/Montador back. The value would definitely be in the accompanying pieces, not Frolik/Montador. At best those two guys straight up would get a low draft pick or prospect from a team desperate for them.

vCash
    I think you are misunderstanding us.

I think most are saying that Frolik/Montador would go back because of salary cap reasons. Then, those teams would also receive prospects/picks, and possibly upgrades in those for taking Frolik/Montador back. The value would definitely be in the accompanying pieces, not Frolik/Montador. At best those two guys straight up would get a low draft pick or prospect from a team desperate for them.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. In a salary swap type situation, moving them merits some logic. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Fair enough, that makes sense. In a salary swap type situation, moving them merits some logic. Thanks.
    No worries. Sounds like everyone is on the same page with those guys!

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast