Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Voracek, Couturier, or Brayden Schenn for Hammer. Get it done, Stan! Doubt they'd do either of those 3 so I'd probably just keep him unless they really overpay.

Edit: No way they'd trade any of those 3 for Hammer. I do wonder what they would be willing to give up if they are indeed interested in him.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 08-08-2012 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    couturier would be sex, but id assume wed get laughed at

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledbull View Post
    couturier would be sex, but id assume wed get laughed at
    They'd probably laugh at us for about a minute and then hang up. I don't know if they'd even give us Matt Read for him, who I'm not overly enamored with, due to him having played only one year, albeit a very solid year. I'm not convinced that he's going to continue to put up numbers like that consistently. I also don't think we need another small winger.

Maybe Wayne Simmonds is an option. Doubt it though.

vCash
    Why not move Kane or Sharp to 2nd line Centre and sign Petr Sykora and stick him on one of the wings?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tschreiner24 View Post
    Why not move Kane or Sharp to 2nd line Centre and sign Petr Sykora and stick him on one of the wings?
    Because we have enough wings that aren't physical and can score. He's also going to be 36 in November. The best available fit for our top-6 would be a guy like Shane Doan who can score, but is also a very physical player and works hard to create goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Because we have enough wings that aren't physical and can score. He's also going to be 36 in November. The best available fit for our top-6 would be a guy like Shane Doan who can score, but is also a very physical player and works hard to create goals.
    I agree on Shane Doan.

I feel like there is a 95% chance he goes back to Phoenix though. The longer he waits for them, the more likely he is to go back there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree on Shane Doan.

I feel like there is a 95% chance he goes back to Phoenix though. The longer he waits for them, the more likely he is to go back there.
    I'd kick the tires on Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf. Maybe we could work out something like Leddy, prospects and picks for one of them. We'd need an extension for Getzlaf but he'd be a really good 2nd line C.

vCash
    I'd kick the tires on Bobby Ryan and Ryan Getzlaf. Maybe we could work out something like Leddy, prospects and picks for one of them. We'd need an extension for Getzlaf but he'd be a really good 2nd line C.
    Getzlaf would be a perfect fit but he wont come cheap.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Do we think that Bowman is holding on any transaction until this CBA situation gets resolved? I'm still shocked about our lack of off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I agree on Shane Doan.

Agreed. Can't see Doan in a Hawks uni. Arnott on a one-year, however, seems like Bowman type move. 50.3% FO wins last season and it'd give Kruger, Danault, and McNeill another year to develop as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Do we think that Bowman is holding on any transaction until this CBA situation gets resolved? I'm still shocked about our lack of off season.
    It almost seems like every GM is doing that. There are a lot of players still out there that can help in some impact. A few quality RFAs that still need to be signed. A few players that could/should get traded.

This CBA seems like it is holding up the second wave that is usually seen in the offseason.

vCash
    I dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but does anyone else think that Jaeckel is a complete phony?

Sure he has some nice input and very solid opinions regarding all things Blackhawks but so what?

I understand that there isnt much going on in the Blackhawks world but it seems for the past year that his "rumors" are bogus and lately he seems to be making things up and not following up on things he claims to. Some of his rumors he gets from his "sources" are all over twitter for anyone to find.

Thoughts on his credibility?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    I dont want to sound like a hypocrite, but does anyone else think that Jaeckel is a complete phony?

Sure he has some nice input and very solid opinions regarding all things Blackhawks but so what?

I understand that there isnt much going on in the Blackhawks world but it seems for the past year that his "rumors" are bogus and lately he seems to be making things up and not following up on things he claims to. Some of his rumors he gets from his "sources" are all over twitter for anyone to find.

Yeah, I've learned over this summer that him and Eklund are both really bad. They rarely are correct in their rumors and a lot of the time seem like they're throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Such is the case when you deal with rumor blogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post

Hard to really get a good idea of his credibility.

Anyone who reports on rumors is going to be "wrong" more often than they are right. By wrong, I mean the rumor doesn't come true. I could only imagine all the talk between GMs where names are exchanged (which is called a rumor if reported) and then it doesn't come true. Has to happen every day and twice on Sunday.

I will say that JJ was the first one to report that Kane was having wrist surgery. He was the first one to do so and he took a beating up on from other bloggers and columnists who claimed it was BS. In that case, he had some sort of insider. I believe he was also one of the first guys to report the real issue with Toews last year. So I'm thinking maybe he has an inside on the injury front.

Just really hard to say. I think he is a pretty good read most of the time but when it comes to credibility and rumors, I stick to the Dreger and McKenzies of the world. I will say though, JJ's type of rumors atleast get all of us thinking and get the conversation going, so for that we can thank him, other bloggers, and anyone with a twitter account.

vCash
    They'd probably laugh at us for about a minute and then hang up. I don't know if they'd even give us Matt Read for him, who I'm not overly enamored with, due to him having played only one year, albeit a very solid year. I'm not convinced that he's going to continue to put up numbers like that consistently. I also don't think we need another small winger.

Maybe Wayne Simmonds is an option. Doubt it though.
    You just posted this a few days before he got signed!

6 years at around $4mil a year.

Really scares me when it comes to Stalberg and what he may be asking for come next summer. If I'm the Blackhawks, no way do I pay Stalberg over $3mil but he is pretty close to that slot at the current time. I've said it before...by the deadline he either needs to be locked up or traded.

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast