Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    This is true. I guess I'm just looking for something to happen in this off-season. FWIW, I think Clendening will be up for the 2013-14 season, not next season. Still interesting to talk about. Would love to see us move Leddy and replace him with a physical 3-4 defenseman that could pair well with Hjalmarsson.

Here's a few questions open to anyone: Who are some good sources for hockey rumors? Specifically for Blackhawks rumors. Are there any sites that offer credible rumors? Or should I stick to Twitter? Who are some good people rumor-wise to follow on Twitter?
    I think Hjalmarsson needs to play with a guy who can move the puck, if they're physical that's a plus.
    The way they were saying Leddy would be the next Keith in a few years this year, I thought he would look more "special" then he did. I'm fine with moving him if we get good value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    I think Hjalmarsson needs to play with a guy who can move the puck, if they're physical that's a plus.
    The way they were saying Leddy would be the next Keith in a few years this year, I thought he would look more "special" then he did. I'm fine with moving him if we get good value.
    That would work too. I have a vision of a shutdown 2nd-pairing. Hjalmarsson is a great shot-blocker. If you get a physical defenseman to pair with him, it makes teams think twice about trying to take the puck inside. You have two options:
    1. Get checked by the physical defenseman

2. Take a shot, and have a decent chance of it being blocked.

I also wouldn't mind getting a 4/5 defenseman that's physical, and you have him play mostly 3rd pairing minutes, but he plays with Hjalmarsson on the PK. Then you get yourself a nice puck-moving defenseman that's not a complete push-over to pair with Hjalmarsson on the 2nd pairing.

Edit: Thinking about it, Bouwmeester might not be a bad option to trade for to play with Hjalmarsson. He's got an expensive cap hit, and he's not very physical, but he's got great size and speed and is also skilled offensively.

vCash
    Yea, the Leddy/Keith comparisons were ridiculous. He's a good puck mover, can chip in a fair amount of offense, and has no upper body strength whatsoever. I think he's a great fit for a team with considerable size and toughness on the backend; a team like St. Louis.

Would love to deal him for a kid of similar age that plays a tougher game. Someone like Travis Hamonic.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Yea, the Leddy/Keith comparisons were ridiculous. He's a good puck mover, can chip in a fair amount of offense, and has no upper body strength whatsoever. I think he's a great fit for a team with considerable size and toughness on the backend; a team like St. Louis.

Would love to deal him for a kid of similar age that plays a tougher game. Someone like Travis Hamonic.
    He is one of my favorite defenseman. He'd be a perfect fit here, but he's probably untouchable. He's a 21-year old defenseman that hits a ton and blocks a ton. He also has some decent offensive upside, with 26 and 24 points in his first 2 seasons. If we could somehow trade Leddy for Hamonic, I would be absolutely thrilled.

Btw, I realize that you said someone like Hamonic. I doubt the Islanders would deal him for Leddy, especially since they just got Visnovsky and already have Streit, but if we could get a similar defenseman to Hamonic that's 23 or under, that would be awesome.

Edit: Me describing Hamonic was saying why he's probably untouchable.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 07-14-2012 at 03:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    He said the same thing last year and only got ****ing Johnny Oduya.
    Stan is and has been simply dodging blame. The FO is a mess and everyone league-wide knows it. Scotty wants this, McD wants that, Q and his mustache want something in between so nothing gets done. It's frustrating as a fan to watch....

vCash
    I'm going to be honest here. I would argue that people are getting frustrated over this off-season way too easily. Yeah, it was rumored a big splash was coming, but lets not forget this hockey team is still one of the best around. With a streaky net minder, suspect defense at times, and the teams best player missing 20+ games they still managed to finish 10 points from the top spot in the West. They finish over 100 points. They were second in the Western conference in goals scored third in the league. Our blueline is one more year experienced. If Crawford was going through a sophomore slump and can play like he did in his 1st season there is no reason why this is not a top 3 team in the west. Not to mention they can still add. Not to mention they have plenty of wild cards waiting in the wings like Saad and Morin.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks

Bowman praised 2011 top picks Mark McNeil and Phillip Danault and didn’t rule them out of contributing this coming season. At this point, Brandon Saad, a second-round pick in 2011, is the best bet to make the team this fall. He’s a man among boys. Saad, a star left wing in the OHL this past season, even moved over to center for prospect’s camp.

“He asked us,” Bowman explained. “He said he’d like to try playing in the scrimmage here. Why not, it’s a good opportunity for him.”

Bowman said it’s up to coach Joel Quenneville whether Saad lines up at center during training camp. If it was the 19 year-old’s call, he would do it.

“It’s something I’m willing to try, for sure,” Saad said. “To play more positions and be helpful in the ways I can, that’s something I’m willing to do.”

Saad at center could be interesting. If he could play well there, maybe he becomes our 2nd line center. Not super-realistic, but crazier things have happened.

vCash
    Leddy is 21 years old. Keith didn't play an NHL game until he was 22...

Defensmen take longer to develop than forwards, which is why it was such a blessing to get Keith/Seabs in and have some experience playing big minutes on a crappy team before Toews/Kane and the rest of the talent got here. It's also why it is taking a team with so much young talent up front like the Oilers a longer time to become a good team, (and why Minnesota is going to have to wait a while for a cup for Brodin and Dumba).

At the end of the day the fact that Leddy has a season and a half under his belt in the NHL, in which he played some significant minutes (one of which he played 20+ min/game) IS "special". Now, it might not have been the best for the Hawks to have him in the top four last season as I was preaching last offseason, but at the end of the day the kid has some pretty big potential. He needs to get stronger and better in his own end, but that will come. If we do trade him, we should be netting a huge return.
    Last edited by DanTHEman9990; 07-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks

Saad at center could be interesting. If he could play well there, maybe he becomes our 2nd line center. Not super-realistic, but crazier things have happened.
    I agree with your first sentence.

vCash
    These Luongo rumors continue to have me concerned. Vancouver should be paying someone to take him off their hands. That contract is just terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    These Luongo rumors continue to have me concerned. Vancouver should be paying someone to take him off their hands. That contract is just terrible
    The rumors won't die because Jaeckel keeps writing his garbage blog over at **** tosser's.

I've heard from two sources in the last 36 hours or so that the possibility of Roberto Luongo becoming a Blackhawk not only remains, but might be growing.

In spite of the fact that you have two organizations that don't like each other involved in this, you also have two organizations becoming increasingly desperate to make a move.

The Hawks, going in to next weekend's fan convention, greatly want to avert an ugly, boo-filled scene. They want to be able to say they have improved a first round and out club. Badly.

Vancouver wants to avoid a huge distraction and salary cap issue going to the season with a high-profile player who's made it known he wants to leave—and possibly go to Chicago.

The tension is this: neither team has many, if any, other options. The Hawks continue to be stymied in trade talks elsewhere, and I am hearing they are not getting a lot of love from the remaining free agents out there. Vancouver is not finding much market, if any, for Luongo.

The pressure on Mike Gillis and Stan Bowman to modify their demands/offers to one another grows by the day. A deal could get done. The chances in terms of a percentage? I don't know. But it is still out there and there are reasons it is, that aren't going away either.

More as I have it but I am also hearing that trade talks with Montreal have died down.
    So to avoid a boo-filled scene at the convention, the Hawks are planning to add one of the most despised rival players that's ever stepped foot on United Center ice?

What pressure is there on Bowman do make the move? He has two goaltenders under contract and does not have to make a move. Whether or not you believe in either of them is irrelevant.

The only pressure on Bowman comes from McDouche, which is where the only shred of truth is in this **** blog. He won't dare step foot in the convention without having made his "splash," whether it was for the good of the team or not.

Stooges. Assman nailed it. This front office is a cluster**** of morons who have no business being in an NHL front office.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    I think no move would be better than a move for Luongo. Really, if things are a little shaky plenty of teams will be trying to shed someone at the deadline. This team is a forsure playoff team. If things go well they can go far.

vCash
    Personally, I think we make a deal before the convention. I don't think it's for Luongo, though. I'd love it if it were for a 3/4 physical defenseman or a young goalie (Bernier, Lehner, or Bishop would all be great).

I really would love for the Saad to center project to work out well. He's never played there, though, so it could be tough.

vCash
    From Mynhltraderumors.com:

Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: The Blackhawks have had discussions with the Canucks about Roberto Luongo, reportedly dangling Dave Bolland.

Good God no! I have no problem with trading for Luongo like some people on here do, but not if we're trading Bolland. It is a Vancouver guy saying this though, so it's probably false.

vCash
    From Mynhltraderumors.com:

Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: The Blackhawks have had discussions with the Canucks about Roberto Luongo, reportedly dangling Dave Bolland.

Good God no! I have no problem with trading for Luongo like some people on here do, but not if we're trading Bolland. It is a Vancouver guy saying this though, so it's probably false.
    The name of your source sounds so reliable. Who thinks up this crap its almost as ridiculous as the red sox getting Matt garza for the theo comp rumors a while back.

I would have to be much more than Luongo. for this rumor.

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast