Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still don't understand how the Hawks didn't have one bit of interest in Shaone Morrisonn. Played through a broken jaw and a shoulder injury a few years ago during the playoffs. 6'4", capable stay at home who plays with a mean streak.

Me thinks the Hawks think Brookbank fits in better with Q's system. Probably so, but Morrisonn address a bigger need. Brookbank is capable, but he's a total ****ing punching bag.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 07-13-2012 at 04:49 AM.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Bowman is not getting Doan, if he wanted to be with the Hawks, he would be here already. Bowman better have plan D waiting.
    My gut feeling is that PHX is his #1 choice and is waiting on them right now and if things dont work out there, he'll come to the Hawks for a 4 years 20-24 million imo.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Cimaglia brought up a good point, the Hawks Convention is a week away, I wonder if a trade will be done by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Still don't understand how the Hawks didn't have one bit of interest in Shaone Morrisonn. Played through a broken jaw and a shoulder injury a few years ago during the playoffs. 6'4", capable stay at home who plays with a mean streak.

Me thinks the Hawks think Brookbank fits in better with Q's system. Probably so, but Morrisonn address a bigger need. Brookbank is capable, but he's a total ****ing punching bag.
    I think i may have posted this before in response to this question. i think it's Capgeek that has him under contract to play in the KHL next year.

I agree that he'd be a good stay at home dman who doesnt take any **** from anyone and who could clear out the crease in front of our net.

vCash
    Not sure if its true but rumors are generating on twitter saying that a Phoenix sports radio host indicates Doan has been offered $30M over 4 years from an Eastern Conference team.

vCash
    Now I read it more than 30!!!! WHAT THE HELLLLL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Not sure if its true but rumors are generating on twitter saying that a Phoenix sports radio host indicates Doan has been offered $30M over 4 years from an Eastern Conference team.

Saw that too. Some of these teams are pricing guys way too high. Doan is 35, he might earn that pay in two of the four seasons if you're lucky...

vCash
    Yeah, thats absolutely crazy. I know he wants to play for a contender so it will be interesting

vCash
    If these rumors are true then Bowman definitely struck out in free agency this offseason. Once Doan goes, just about everyone is gone except for Semin who has character issues and a potentially high price tag
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 07-13-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    If these rumors are true then Bowman definitely struck out in free agency this offseason. Once Doan goes, just about everyone is gone except for Semin who has character issues and a potentially high price tag
    From what Stan said today, I don't see him adding anyone until the deadline. Seems like he wants to see what the young guys can do and if they can step into the holes and fill the voids.

Q also thinks Saad may be able to not only make the team, but be a big part of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    I think i may have posted this before in response to this question. i think it's Capgeek that has him under contract to play in the KHL next year.

I agree that he'd be a good stay at home dman who doesnt take any **** from anyone and who could clear out the crease in front of our net.
    Yea I checked that out after you said it, and Morrisonn is indeed in the K. Bizarre for a defenseman who's still relatively young and has a lot of mileage left.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    From what Stan said today, I don't see him adding anyone until the deadline. Seems like he wants to see what the young guys can do and if they can step into the holes and fill the voids.

Q also thinks Saad may be able to not only make the team, but be a big part of it.
    He said the same thing last year and only got ****ing Johnny Oduya.

vCash
    From the sound of things, Clendening might be up THIS year, which means Leddy is most likely going to get traded. I wonder what we could get for him, and who would be interested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    From the sound of things, Clendening might be up THIS year, which means Leddy is most likely going to get traded. I wonder what we could get for him, and who would be interested?
    Consider the source of the rumor. It came from Jaeckel. I'm sure he watched the video of Bowman's comments about Clendening on ChicagoBlackhawks.com and then jumped right over to his Eklund's to type up a false rumor. He's an *** clown. Trading Leddy is the right move in my opinion, but I doubt it's been talked about to much extent within the front office, if at all. I don't see the Hawks icing three kids 20 or under this year, Clendening being the 3rd after Saad and Shaw.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Consider the source of the rumor. It came from Jaeckel. I'm sure he watched the video of Bowman's comments about Clendening on ChicagoBlackhawks.com and then jumped right over to his Eklund's to type up a false rumor. He's an *** clown. Trading Leddy is the right move in my opinion, but I doubt it's been talked about to much extent within the front office, if at all. I don't see the Hawks icing three kids 20 or under this year, Clendening being the 3rd after Saad and Shaw.
    This is true. I guess I'm just looking for something to happen in this off-season. FWIW, I think Clendening will be up for the 2013-14 season, not next season. Still interesting to talk about. Would love to see us move Leddy and replace him with a physical 3-4 defenseman that could pair well with Hjalmarsson.

Here's a few questions open to anyone: Who are some good sources for hockey rumors? Specifically for Blackhawks rumors. Are there any sites that offer credible rumors? Or should I stick to Twitter? Who are some good people rumor-wise to follow on Twitter?

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast