Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    He's only got 1 year left on his deal and the Pens are pretty close to the cap. It doesn't mean he will be moved, but he'd be a piece that could free up some money for them and bring back some talent. For that reason, I wouldn't see Bolland as a match. He's a slightly worse player at almost the same price. If we were to get Staal, we'd have to give them something else. Then we trade Bolland and put Kruger at 3C. It's an interesting idea, but Staal is a UFA after next year. I don't know if they'd trade a Leddy or some other pieces for a guy who might be gone after the season.
    You're right, my bad. I keep looking at Capgeek and seeing 3 years on Bolland's contract with one of those being this year. As is, Bolland has two years left, and thus would be meaningless in that trade if it's mostly straight up.

The Pens have a ton of money coming off the books after next season so I'm really not sure why they wouldn't want to retain Staal.

Everyone has Bolland pegged as good as gone. I'd think the Hawks would find a better trade for Kruger than Bolland and the Hawks have plenty of capable centers coming up to fit the 3C mold. Either way, one of them is likely and hopefully out of town. If not, that means they'll try Kruger at 2C entering next season, which none of us want to see.

Will be interesting to see if the Habs and Hawks will start doing business together more frequently with Bergevin as their new GM, as was the case when Cheveldayoff took over in Winnipeg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    You're right, my bad. I keep looking at Capgeek and seeing 3 years on Bolland's contract with one of those being this year. As is, Bolland has two years left, and thus would be meaningless in that trade if it's mostly straight up.

The Pens have a ton of money coming off the books after next season so I'm really not sure why they wouldn't want to retain Staal.

Everyone has Bolland pegged as good as gone. I'd think the Hawks would find a better trade for Kruger than Bolland and the Hawks have plenty of capable centers coming up to fit the 3C mold. Either way, one of them is likely and hopefully out of town. If not, that means they'll try Kruger at 2C entering next season, which none of us want to see.

Will be interesting to see if the Habs and Hawks will start doing business together more frequently with Bergevin as their new GM, as was the case when Cheveldayoff took over in Winnipeg.
    This may be true, but both Crosby and Malkin's contracts are up the next off-season and both could command a salary of around $10 million.

vCash
    They dont want to trade Staal and dont have to, but they do have to decide between Staal or 2-4 depth players after next yr. There going to keep their top 2 players and their goalie before Staal. Top 2 players should be around 10/each and their goalie is only 1.8, should go to around 4.8ish. If Staal's contract is same as Neal's 6/yr (and it should be) Thats a gain of 7.6

They are already at the limit/cap. So for example, they have to choose between keeping Staal or losing six 1.5mil players and replace them w/six 0.5mil players or loseing three 2.5mil players and replace them w/three 0.5mil players. In the end they will end up without Staal and keep most of their depth players or keep Staal and not be as deep, by having to play 3-6 average players at the bottom of their lineup.

We've had to play with some average players since we won. Now its Pittsburgh & Boston will too for now on... and they both dont have a 2nd wave/calvery of players in their farms coming.

vCash
    We have about 7mil with cap the same, if it goes up a little bit 64.3 to 66. We have 8.7 Thats more than enough to sigh Suter and keep everyone. Trade Frolik (2.3) and were at 11mill. Sign the best defesive player we can get out of:

Suter 7
    Wideman 4-5
    Jackman 4-5
    Carle 4-5
    Oduya 4
    Allen 4
    Garrison 3-4
    Kubina 3
    Sarich 3
    Hannon 2-3

and than also resign Oduya. If its anyoneelse than Suter, that would about 5 & 4 mill. Puts us from 11mill -9mill, were left at 2mill.

Then with 7 good defenseman, we trade Hammer (plus extras)(trade Monty next season when Leddy needs new contract to cover it...) for a top 6 forward (center would be best, but any top 6 forward would be better then last 2 yrs).

*Staal, Roy & others will/could be free agents after next yr. We could sign one for free, no trade...

For this summer, lets get the best top 6 forward we can get for Hammer. Were at 2mill + Hammer's 3.5, leaves us at 5.5 for fowards.

I dont think any of the top6 forwards that we will trade for will be over 4/yr. Example Clowe or Roy, etc. We have a better trade w san jose because they really like Hammer. Possibly trades for: Palveski, Clowe, even Murray... We would have to add more than just Hammer... Anyways the idea/plan get a top6 foward from anyone that likes Hammer.

Now were at 1.5mill (plus Kruggs .900, because he'll be in ahl & can fill in any position when someone is out...) gives us 2.4mill to upgrade size in our fowards. Clowe/etc. would be a bigger body and then look to sign someone like free agents:

Ponikarosky
    Mcclement (if Mayers doesnt come back)

*could try Vokoun, but Crow will have good seasons the next 2 yrs+ (with a better defense & defensive fowards...back checking)

*So, we do not ever have to trade Bolly or Kruggs (can season in ahl for now...)

All under 66.0 mill salary:

Sharpy-Tazer-Stalls(Saad in 2nd 40 games of season...Stalls to 4th line)
    Clowe-Kaner-Hoss
    Ponikarosky-Bolly-Shaw
    Carcillo-Mcclement-Bicks(Stalls in 2nd 40 games...)
    Bicks-Hayes

Seabs-Dunks
    Leddy-Suter/Jackman
    Odula-Monty
    Olsen

Crow
    Emery/Vokoun?

*If that doesnt bring toughness, then sign Oglethorpe and the Hansen bothers (all 3).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post

The thing is Bolland clears a lot more space than Kruger does and he will be more in demand than you think with how much of a monster he has been in the playoffs. If they do actually trade him I think he is going to kill it for whoever he plays for. He's got a lot of offensive talent, they just always seem to saddle him with horrible wingers. It drove me nuts last year when everyone commented on how bad Bolland started when they throw him out there with Fernando ****ing Pisani and Bickell. He still heated up and ended at a 49 point pace and then became superman in the playoffs. Given a full season with talented wingers on the second line I think he's a 55-60 point guy with a ton of intangibles.

vCash
    Here is my take on what I think the Hawks should do:

Personally, I believe that our needs lie in the 2nd line center and another defense man like all of you have stated. Goalie can be considered a need as well but I think that Bowman sticks with Crawford in net as it really only was his sophomore year in goal. Lots of good goalies go through sophomore slumps.

I don't think Bowman moves any of the "core" players but I think he will listen to offers on Kane and Keith (who has a no-trade clause so I don't think he goes anywhere).

We need to add a D-man that can run the point on the PP. That is something that was really missing after we moved Campbell.

We need to heavily consider moving Dave Bolland, Michael Frolik and Hammer.

I would really love to sign Suter or Wildeman as I think that they would both fit in well here and add some D-men that can run the point on the PP. I would resign Oduya, trade Hammer to San Jose for Clowe or Marileau to give us some size in our forwards.

Consider trading for a center like Stall or Roy but we could wait until Roy is a FA next season. Personally, I think they wait and put Kane at center or look at in house options like McNiel and Pirri. I would like to see in house options.

Potential Lines w/o Hammer, Frolik or Bolland

Stalberg/Toews/Sharp
    Clowe or Marilaeu/Kane/Hossa
    Saad/Pirri/Shaw
    Carcillo/Hayes?/Bollig

Seabrook/Keith
    Suter or Wildeman/Leddy
    Oduya/Olsen
    Montador

G: Crawford, Emery

Of course, I really don't know what Frolik and Bolland could bring in so this is just a really early guage of what I think they should do but I would like to see the Hammer for Clowe or Marilaeu trade happen.

Shaw and Saad I think make the team easily out of camp next year.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Dont need to trade Bolly. (even if its for Staal or thorton)It fixes 2nd center & ruins 3rd/ck line center. Bolly is best ck line center in game.

Just add a 2nd center next summer w/fa Staal, Roy, etc. Stoll is a fa this yr, unless LA wins. LA wont get a chance like this again. There lucky all the other top teams are out (even though they beat some of them)

Were trading Hammer this yr for top6 foward and Monty next yr... to cover Leads contract.

vCash
    CBC just said that Montreal wants Quenneville(sp?) for their HC. They said that the Blackhawks might let him go because Bowman wasn't happy with him.

vCash
    Bowman
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    If we trade Bolland.
    And Hossa's Family talk him into retirement.
    Do we pursue suter and parise?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    If we trade Bolland.
    And Hossa's Family talk him into retirement.
    Do we pursue suter and parise?
    Yes. Hammer would also have to be traded as well though.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd rather keep Bolland and see if we can ship out Kruger and Hammer. By the end of Bolly's deal either McNeil or Danault will be ready for 3C. I know you guys want to shed Bolly's contract and let Kruger take over 3C, but Kruger just doesn't do it for me and I don't think he'd fill his shoes as well as everyone thinks. Bolland does a lot of little things you don't see on a stat sheet. A young center like Kruger could fetch a decent return anyway. Sign Jokinen for 2C and grab a top d-man (plenty available via FA this offseason) and a bottom d-man, then get ready for the draft. Just my opinion.

vCash
    ^^^ I, too, go back and forth on bolland. It's a bit of a hefty salary for a 3rd line center and I dont think hes the answer to our second line center hole (neither are Kane or kruger IMHO). We need a true 2nd line C that's an accompished setup man and wins faceoffs, too.

Bolly put up a pretty quiet 19 G 18 A this year. he had 7G 5A on the pp and 3 shg. So, almost 1/2 his points came on special teams. I would be interesting to see how his even strength points were distributed during the regular season. i"ll bet he didnt do much when he was with fro and bickell(before he woke up). Point being, he kind of had to deal with a couple underachievers before bickell woke up and shaw came up to stay. I also think he had a foot or lower leg injury that nagged him nore than he would let on.

he has 2 years left on his current contract. dont know if Kruger can fill his shoes as 3C and neither of them are 2Cs. I know he's sort of a big cap hit, but if we could shed frolik, montador, hammer (or 2 of those 3), that would give us some real flexibility.

vCash
    Looks like Kaner is enjoying his offseason so far:

http://imgur.com/a/DVjtz

vCash
    I want to party with Kaner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    ^^^ I, too, go back and forth on bolland. It's a bit of a hefty salary for a 3rd line center and I dont think hes the answer to our second line center hole (neither are Kane or kruger IMHO). We need a true 2nd line C that's an accompished setup man and wins faceoffs, too.

Bolly put up a pretty quiet 19 G 18 A this year. he had 7G 5A on the pp and 3 shg. So, almost 1/2 his points came on special teams. I would be interesting to see how his even strength points were distributed during the regular season. i"ll bet he didnt do much when he was with fro and bickell(before he woke up). Point being, he kind of had to deal with a couple underachievers before bickell woke up and shaw came up to stay. I also think he had a foot or lower leg injury that nagged him nore than he would let on.

he has 2 years left on his current contract. dont know if Kruger can fill his shoes as 3C and neither of them are 2Cs. I know he's sort of a big cap hit, but if we could shed frolik, montador, hammer (or 2 of those 3), that would give us some real flexibility.
    I think the PP/Even strength point differences is a direct result of who he's playing with. He produces when he plays with talent. I personally think if he has Kaner on one of his wings he would be the answer to the second line center and put up around 60 points but he never seems to get an extended opportunity there.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast