Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Need him just as much as Ott, only he'll cost more money but no prospects.

Doan/Kane/Hossa on the 2nd unit could rake. Would be 1st line on most other teams.
    I'd put Doan on the top line. Sharp-Kane-Hossa was really good at times last year. Doan's a guy that could help protect Toews and whoever we put at RW on the top line.

I'm torn. I think Patrick Kane is better offensively at RW, but if we put him at C, he's better defensively. If he could put on some weight (muscle) this off-season and get up to about 185-190, that might really help him out with his faceoffs and his defense. Then it gives us flexibility at RW. We could even go for a guy like Bobby Ryan to play RW. Imagine if we signed Doan and traded for Ryan (we won't, I know).

Doan-Toews-Ryan
    Sharp-Kane-Hossa

That's ridiculously good. I'm hoping we go for either Doan, Ryan, or Ott this off-season. Any of those 3 would fit in really well.

I'm hearing that Teravainen should only take a year before he's ready for the NHL. So, maybe we go for a veteran that can play for a year or two. In 2013/14, you're looking at a top 6 that would look something like this:

Doan-Toews-Kane
    Sharp-Teravainen-Hossa

I split up Kane and Teravainen because they're similar players and would get destroyed if they played on the same line without a huge LW next to them.

vCash

Another option..

Just saw that the Preds are letting Tootoo go to FA. He's another a-hole player that I would love on the team. They need guys like Tootoo to balance the race horse core Bowman has tied his rope to. He is a hitter and a great fore checker. Options are out there to better this team. Bowman needs to do something. Imagine getting Doan and Tootoo? No more being out hit..
    Last edited by 1990; 06-27-2012 at 12:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Just saw that the Preds are letting Tootoo go to FA. He's another a-hole player that I would love on the team. They need guys like Tootoo to balance the race horse core Bowman has tied his rope to. He is a hitter and a great fore checker. Options are out there to better this team. Bowman needs to do something. Imagine getting Doan and Tootoo? No more being out hit..
    Wow, that would be nasty. Then add Shane O'Brien to the blueline, and you're looking at a team with a lot more hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Wow, that would be nasty. Then add Shane O'Brien to the blueline, and you're looking at a team with a lot more hits.
    Unfortunately the Avs just locked him up for 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    I don't know if we'll have room for Tootoo with Carcillo, Mayers, Bollig, Shaw coming back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Yeah that sucked, I really liked him. I still think if the Hawks land Doan, then trade Hammer for Methot and sign Carkner for d-man depth they'd be sittin pretty. Would still have $4 mil or so for the deadline as well, if no other trades occur.

Defense is deep and nasty:

Keith/Seabs
    Methot/Oduya
    Leddy/Carkner
    Monty/Olsen

vCash
    Roto:

Phoenix GM Don Maloney expects Shane Doan to test the waters as an unrestricted free agent.
    Doan expressed his desire to remain with the organization, but the team's uncertain ownership situation may result in him signing elsewhere. Maloney is still optimistic a deal can still be reached though. Doan said he would probably listen to other teams if he made it to July 1 after his season ended, but that doesn't mean he has closed the door on re-signing with Phoenix.
    Go get him Bowman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Just saw that not too long after I posted that. Oh well. Go for Carkner and maybe Scott Hannan.

I wonder if something like Hjalmarsson, Stalberg, and a pick could land us Lehner and Smith from the Senators. Lehner has franchise goalie potential IMO.

vCash
    Dennis Wideman to the Flames. 5 years, $5.25 million a year. Holy overpayment, Batman!

vCash
    Toews has been talking/recruiting Doan the past few days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Toews has been talking/recruiting Doan the past few days
    Where did you hear this? Not doubting you, but just wanting to know if this is for real or just a rumor. I would LOVE if we got Doan.

vCash
    Andy Strickland of True Hockey: The Blues will be looking to sign a defenseman. If the Predators lose Ryan Suter, sources are saying that Shea Weber won’t re-sign a long-term deal. GM David Poile couldn’t risk losing both for nothing, and would have to look at trading Weber. Jay Bouwmeester is rumored to be on the trade block, sources are saying no one has approached him about it yet. Sources saying the Red Wings will make a strong push for Ryan Suter, but not as hard for Zach Parise. Don’t be surprised if the Blues look to bring back Carlo Colaiacovo. There is some talk that Flyers defenseman Matt Carle may want to sign with the Avalanche, played college hockey in Colorado. The Blackhawks have serious interest in Justin Schultz. Contract talks between Erik Johnson and the Avs are going smoothly. The Senators are talking contract extension with Chris Neal, who has 1 year left on his deal. The same goes for Mike Fisher and the Predators.

This would be awesome if we somehow got Schultz. This is from mynhltraderumors.com.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Where did you hear this? Not doubting you, but just wanting to know if this is for real or just a rumor. I would LOVE if we got Doan.
    Kuc's twitter, go to Hawks forum on hockeybuzz for daily updates

vCash
    What about Jay Bouwmeester from Calgary if they were willing to take some smaller bad contracts of ours back the other way? (Monty/Frolik or Hjalmarsson/Frolik with picks/specs added to whatever side to balance it.) It'd definitely be buying low but he's big, got major wheels and be a great system fit. Still only 28 and only two years left on that deal so we'd have some flexibility in the future for when Olsen/Leddy get expensive. There's worse options out there if we miss on Suter IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    What about Jay Bouwmeester from Calgary if they were willing to take some smaller bad contracts of ours back the other way? (Monty/Frolik or Hjalmarsson/Frolik with picks/specs added to whatever side to balance it.) It'd definitely be buying low but he's big, got major wheels and be a great system fit. Still only 28 and only two years left on that deal so we'd have some flexibility in the future for when Olsen/Leddy get expensive. There's worse options out there if we miss on Suter IMO.
    That wouldn't be a terrible idea. He's a solid offensively-skilled defenseman. He's not very physical for a guy that big, but he is blazing fast. I haven't seen him play much. How good is he defensively?

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast