Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Still would love to see us trade for Niemi. I've heard rumors that he's available via trade. He was even mentioned in the Nash to SJ rumors. Having said all of this, I doubt we try to trade for Niemi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    I'm not that hockey saavy so I have a few questions for you guys...

What's considered old for a goalie in hockey or past their prime?

Does a team usually have one goalie and stick with him every night or have a rotational system like the Hawks?

If the team felt Leddy was ready to start, and Keith would be available for trade, what type of goalie could he net back?

Do the Hawks need a goalie or is Crawford the guy for now and the future?

Thanks guys
    Crawford is an ok goalie, but you could still win with him. Leddy isn't ready to take on the Keith role in any fashion. Leddy will probably never be on Keith's level. Leddy will be a 2nd pairing d-man someday, but probably never a first pairing shutdown guy like Keith. If the Hawks were to trade Keith, I'm sure they could get a good goalie (Miller?) but they would have to replace Keith with Suter. I don't see them going down that road. The Hawks seem to have a philosophy that goalies aren't that important. It comes from Detroit (Bowmans). They won multiple tittles with Osgood who was good, but not great. They believe in a systematic approach. In 2010 the Hawks defense was much better. Also, their puck possesion was light years ahead of what it was last year and thus they limited the opponents oppurtunities that way.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 06-26-2012 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Still would love to see us trade for Niemi. I've heard rumors that he's available via trade. He was even mentioned in the Nash to SJ rumors. Having said all of this, I doubt we try to trade for Niemi.
    I would love it as well but Stan Bowman seems like he is not one to admit to his mistakes and I can not see him bringing him back. If It was Tallon who was the GM then maybe but I see 0 chance with Bowman here
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Crawford is an ok goalie, but you could still win with him. Leddy isn't ready to take on the Keith role in any fashion. Leddy will probably never be on Keith's level. Leddy will be a 2nd pairing d-man someday, but probably never a first pairing shutdown guy like Keith. If the Hawks were to trade Keith, I'm sure they could get a good goalie (Miller?) but they would have to replace Suter. I don't see them going down that road. The Hawks seem to have a philosophy that goalies aren't that important. It comes from Detroit (Bowmans). They won multiple tittles with Osgood who was good, but not great. They believe in a systematic approach. In 2010 the Hawks defense was much better. Also, their puck possesion was light years ahead of what it was last year and thus they limited the opponents oppurtunities that way.
    Thanks....

So rumors for elite goalies is probably bunk with Bowman here?
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Thinking back to the 2011 series with Vancouver...those first 3 games were rough..but the next 3..Crawford was incredible. I think with him it's consistency that he lacks, maybe its a mental thing, not sure.

vCash
    Thanks....

Yes and No.

As noted, it is definitely against the "philosophy" that has been brought over here. However, if the right salary dump (guys contracts that the Blackhawks want to get rid of) becomes available for an elite goaltender...it could happen. The Bowmans might feel like a big change is needed and that could be it.

This last year there were elite goaltenders carrying their teams throughout the playoffs and I'm sure the Blackhawks took note of that.

vCash
    The Dallas Stars are open to trading Steve Ott, according to Pierre LeBrun.
    Ott's name also came up in trade rumors in the lead-up to the 2011-12 trade deadline. LeBrun specified that the Stars are still content to keep him if no one meets their asking price. Ott had 39 points and 156 penalty minutes in 74 games last season.
    Steve Ott remains in play ... My own personal belief is that he'd be a great fit in Montreal. He's got size and skill, defend some teammates
    Exactly who the Hawks need

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Exactly who the Hawks need
    He would fill so many holes on the Blackhawks...it is ridiculous.

He COULD play 2C if he had linemates in Kane/Hossa/Sharp or whoever. Carcillo played on the 2nd line (and did it pretty well) with big time linemates in Kane/Hossa.

He would help out at the faceoff dot in a big way.

He would help out on the PK in a big way.

He would help out with the hitting, forechecking, aggression, fighting, being an *** hole in so many ways.

I would love Ott on the Blackhawks.

vCash
    Thanks....

Probably. I don't think they will ever break the bank for a goaile (in dollars, or assets), but I don't think they are against an upgrade.

vCash
    Sign me up for Ott!

Also I don't think there's any way Niemi comes back. There was hard feelings on his end. Also like CubsBears said, I don't think StanBo would swallow his pride and make a trade like that (in essence admitting that it was a mistake to let him walk and bring back Hammer).

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Luongo has nightmares about the Madhouse all the time, I'm sure of it. Doubt he wants to play half his games there and not one Hawks fan wants him.

Fcuk Roberto Luongo! Fcuk him with a big rubber dick, fcuk him!

vCash
    Ott would look great in a Blackhawks sweater. He's got 2 years left at 2.95M per year.
    Wonder what it would take. Start with hammer + _________? Looks like they only have 5 dmen under contract at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I don't think that he can. The Hawks won in 2010 in spite of the goaltending, not because of it, but Niemi was light years ahead of Crawford in every way. No way the Hawks contend for anything with Crawford in net.
    I think light years is a pretty strong exaggeration. Nemo was working with a lot more than Craw was. Craw had a down year last year, but he played awesome down the stretch the year before and was one of the only reasons we had a shot to beat Van in game 6. If he plays like he did last year then you would be right. However, I suspect he'll have a better year.

vCash
    So, it sounds like Shane Doan is going to test free agency. He'd be a great fit playing LW on the Toews line. Doan-Toews-Hossa would be nasty. Get it done, Bowman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    So, it sounds like Shane Doan is going to test free agency. He'd be a great fit playing LW on the Toews line. Doan-Toews-Hossa would be nasty. Get it done, Bowman!
    Need him just as much as Ott, only he'll cost more money but no prospects.

Doan/Kane/Hossa on the 2nd unit could rake. Would be 1st line on most other teams.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast