Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I'm torn on Stallberg. He's really cheap and he's a good (not great) player. That being said, he'll be a UFA next year, which means he'll probably get 3 mil by someone. I don't want him for that kind of money, so maybe a trade would be the best move. I wouldn't rule out the Hawks moving him.
    My feelings too. Morin should be ready to go soon, and Saad even though he's young, doesn't seem far off. I'd actually prefer we sell Stalberg now while his value is at a career high, but I don't think we do it for a draft pick.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Austin Legendre‏@TheNHLSources

NHL Trade: The Anaheim Ducks have traded D Lubomir Visnovskiy to the New York Islanders in exchange for a 2nd rd pick (2013)
    Anaheim creates an opening for Hammer?

vCash
    Wow, Ribiero to the Capitals? That's kind of surprising.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Staal to Carolina, he would've been nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Agree, he would've fit in nicely as the #2 C. Sounds like playing with his brother was a priority, so we may not have had a legit shot at him anyway.

At the moment he's a UFA at the end of the season. Depending on how the Canes do, maybe he's someone to look at around the trade deadline. That said, I'd like to see Stan improve the #2 C spot much sooner than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    God damn. They have his other brother in the minors too. That all Staal line is gonna be sick in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by proCHIsox View Post
    Anaheim creates an opening for Hammer?
    If not, I'd love to see Hammer for Methot straight up. Helps both clubs.

vCash
    I know this is a bit out there, but I'd love to see the Hawks move Hammer in a deal for Bobby Ryan. Ryan want out he would be a great fit IMO for this roster. He's a relatively big forward who won't shy away from the physical game. He is a sure fire 50+ points a season guy is can play both ways efficiently. If the Duck will listen the Hawks should make a play. Might be a bit of a pipe dream, but I really feel the Hawks need to ensure they get an impact guy in a deal for Hammer, while it will be Hammer and then some it would be a damn good deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I know this is a bit out there, but I'd love to see the Hawks move Hammer in a deal for Bobby Ryan. Ryan want out he would be a great fit IMO for this roster. He's a relatively big forward who won't shy away from the physical game. He is a sure fire 50+ points a season guy is can play both ways efficiently. If the Duck will listen the Hawks should make a play. Might be a bit of a pipe dream, but I really feel the Hawks need to ensure they get an impact guy in a deal for Hammer, while it will be Hammer and then some it would be a damn good deal.
    A deal for Ryan might include Hjalmarsson, but he wouldn't be the center piece. I don't even think the Hawks have the means to get him. It would take something along the lines of McNeill, Saad, Hjalmarsson, and next year's 1st. No thanks.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Hammer, Stahlberg, and McNeill for Ryan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    I would be absolutely thrilled if we could get this trade to happen. It's unlikely though. If this happened, I would hope we traded Montador and Frolik as well. Sign Suter if the cap stays at $70.3 million and sign a couple physical defenseman for cheap, like Shane O'Brien.

If Kane is our 2nd line C next year, then Ryan plays RW on the Toews line. Otherwise, he'd play LW on the Toews line and we'd still need a 2nd line C. If Kane is our 2nd line C, you pick up a veteran like Jagr or Smyth to round out our top 6.

Realistically, we probably trade Hjalmarsson for Zack Smith and a 2013 draft pick trade. Maybe (less realistically) we throw in Stalberg and make it Stalberg and Hjalmarsson for Lehner and Smith. Probably not enough. If it's not, we throw in a nice prospect or a pick. Then trade Emery to a team that needs a goalie for a pick. Either Kruger or Smith is our 3rd line C and the other plays 4th line C. Bolland moves up to 2nd line C and gets a legit shot at it with the new depth at C. Thinking about it, Carcillo-Smith-Mayers would be a nasty 4th line. I'd be really happy if we wound up with something like:

Smyth-Toews-Kane
    Sharp-Bolland-Hossa
    Bickell-Kruger-Shaw
    Carcillo-Smith-Mayers
    Moss, Bollig

Keith-Seabrook
    Suter-Oduya
    O'Brien-Leddy
    Hannan

Crawford
    Lehner

Having said that, it probably isn't realistic. At least the Lehner part probably isn't. The rest could definitely happen, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    Where do I sign? Unfortunately, it's probably not enough for Ryan. Lots of teams in on him and NYR or PHI will overpay and we all know how stingy Stan is with his prized prospects.

Clock is definitely ticking on Hammer. Frolik and Stalberg could likely be gone as well.

I don't see Suter ending up in Chicago. Again, someone will overpay and the Hawks won't/aren't in the position to overpay. Plenty of quality d-men out there in FA.

Interesting rumor out today....Tim Thomas may be in a Hawks sweater next season

vCash
    We just have to get a legit Dman that can run the point in FA. Our PP struggles are the biggest point to address in my mind. I'm willing to give Crawford another year but I can't deal with watching that pathetic PP again next year. Guys like Ryan and Parise would be awesome but it doesn't address our biggest need. We have scoring, we need D and a #2 center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Where do I sign? Unfortunately, it's probably not enough for Ryan. Lots of teams in on him and NYR or PHI will overpay and we all know how stingy Stan is with his prized prospects.

Clock is definitely ticking on Hammer. Frolik and Stalberg could likely be gone as well.

I don't see Suter ending up in Chicago. Again, someone will overpay and the Hawks won't/aren't in the position to overpay. Plenty of quality d-men out there in FA.

Interesting rumor out today....Tim Thomas may be in a Hawks sweater next season
    Where did you see the Tim Thomas rumor? Last I saw he was considering taking a year off and then he waved his no trade clause.

vCash
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast