Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If I could pick from a few vet C to help out a year or 2 until McNiel or Danault come around, Ryan Smith would be one of my choices. Solid all around and would be huge upgrage for the PP... Perfect fit on that 2nd line. Plus hes very agressive and goes to the net which should help create space for Kane.

vCash
    Im not a huge fan of Smyth coming to the Hawks.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Weird, I actually just posted elsewhere that I think Smyth could be a nice fit for the Blackhawks. Some out there may be afraid and start with the Brunette comparisons, but I'd take a chance on Smyth who could help out the PP and still play even strength in the top 6.
    To be honest I never considered him from the get go because of how adamant he was about returning to EDM last season, I assumed it would be the same this offseason (there were some family issues and EDM is home for him as I recall). But if he is willing to leave the Oilers he would be absolutley ideal for what the Hawks are missing. Even if he ends up playing on the 3rd line he is exactly the type of net front guy the PP desperately needs. That would be a very nice addition for the Hawks. So essentially, I completely agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTHEman9990 View Post
    To be honest I never considered him from the get go because of how adamant he was about returning to EDM last season, I assumed it would be the same this offseason (there were some family issues and EDM is home for him as I recall). But if he is willing to leave the Oilers he would be absolutley ideal for what the Hawks are missing. Even if he ends up playing on the 3rd line he is exactly the type of net front guy the PP desperately needs. That would be a very nice addition for the Hawks. So essentially, I completely agree.
    This is exactly my thoughts. I had written him off since he basically worked his way back to Edmonton for family reasons. I assumed that would be he same this season. He'd be a nice stop gap.

vCash
    Smyth would be a nice PP option. If we could get Smyth for under $3 million for 1 year, I'd take him. Especially if we trade Stalberg. Oh, and 1990, Smyth isn't a C. He's a LW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    This is exactly my thoughts. I had written him off since he basically worked his way back to Edmonton for family reasons. I assumed that would be he same this season. He'd be a nice stop gap.
    Yea, there are a few players out there who we can assume will be going back to their team or retiring.

Selanne and Brodeur for sure. I would usually think that about Smyth, but apparently there is potential that he would move on and it would definitely be to a cup contending team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Weird, I actually just posted elsewhere that I think Smyth could be a nice fit for the Blackhawks. Some out there may be afraid and start with the Brunette comparisons, but I'd take a chance on Smyth who could help out the PP and still play even strength in the top 6.
    It's Eklund though, so don't get too excited. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Smyth in a second but he really wanted to return to Edmonton and demanded a trade, now Colin Fraser is on the Cup and he's not. He's even been quoted as saying "I bleed Oiler blue" and doesn't want to leave.

Rumors yesterday were also Stan trading for Evander Kane's rights and even trading for Iginla to replace Hossa, until he is 100%. Always gets silly this time of year....
    Last edited by Assman22; 06-19-2012 at 11:10 AM.

vCash
    ^^^ Can't wait for the draft.

A lot of players seem like they have the possibility of going. Stastny, E Kane, Ott, Nash, Brassard, Luongo, and others. Ever since the salary cap has come into effect, Draft day has gotten a lot more exciting.

Here's to hoping Stan can spice up the summer and improve the team in the next couple of days...

vCash
    I have a feeling that a big trade or two will happen today. Not necessarily involving the Hawks.

vCash
    You can bet it won't be happening with the Hawks.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You can bet it won't be happening with the Hawks.
    I wouldn't be so sure. A Hjalmarsson trade isn't a huge trade, but it's a big trade in that it opens up cap space for us potentially. I see him getting dealt before the draft along with maybe Frolik.

vCash
    i keep reading that Bobby Ryan is available. Ducks have alot of cap room and salanne cant play forever. Kane and kruger for ryan would free up some cap space. im not in a hurry to trade kane per se, but for Ryan i would.

than make the hammer for Zack Smith trade with ottawa...sign suter and keep boland.

vCash
    According to Eklund the Hawks may be in on Semin

I remember a few years ago he said he was more impressed with Kane than Crosby. Maybe he wants to play on the other side of him?

But it is Eklund....
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    According to Eklund the Hawks may be in on Semin

I remember a few years ago he said he was more impressed with Kane than Crosby. Maybe he wants to play on the other side of him?

But it is Eklund....
    I keep hearing rumors like Semin and Radulov...and they make me ill.

Those players have great skill but they are lazy and not what the Blackhawks need. Not always about the player with the most skill, but more about the player that fits the teams needs.

vCash
    Jaeckel seems to think that the Hawks will be agressive.

Heard from my top source late last night (who corroborated and added to some things I'd heard from other sources over the last 48 hours):

He believes that Stan Bowman's talk about minor tweaks is just that . . . talk. A smokescreen. Multiple quality sources are telling me that the opposite could hold true. That Rocky Wirtz has not only given Bowman the green light to make significant moves to improve the club—but Bowman is expected to do so.

I heard some specifics.

Suter:

The Hawks will in all likelihood be in this. If you see Niklas Hjalmarsson moved before 7/1, the likelihood of Suter being a Hawk goes way up.

Kane:

My source said there is reason to believe that the hawks have had conversations with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan. And with other teams.

Parise:

Yes. Parise.

I don't think the Hawks are trying to pull off the package deal that teams with more cap room might. But Parise has been a topic of discussion by the Hawks. And his acquisition could hinge on a Kane trade. Perhaps like Hjalmarsson, Kane would be dealt for picks and prospects, freeing up significant salary cap room. Or Parise is a Plan 1A, if the club misses on Suter early on 7/1.

Schultz:

Someone told me this morning that a source close to the team had mentioned the young defenseman. Let me say this: it's the first I've heard of it. But the overwhelming sense I got last night was that the Hawks have a long list of possibilities going into the draft, trades and free agency. So, yes, it is quite possible Schultz is on the list.

What is interesting in all this is the sense that there are a variety of ways—infinite really—this could all play out. Do the Hawks trade away significant cap commitment? If they do, what do they do with it.

I know many in Hawk Nation have grown weary of Stan Bowman's "conservative" approach and therefore assume nothing will happen. The problem with that line of logic is that it is based on the assumption that all the power is in Bowman's hands. Which most inside sources say is not the case. And even if it is, there is evidence to suggest that he is literally under orders to make some moves.

The team needs them on the ice. The notion of a perennially Cup contending club is gone. This is, as constructed, at best a first round and out team. At worst it misses the playoffs.

Off the ice, this team and its carefully crafted multi-gazillion dollar brand is suffering—it needs some big, positive moves.

Rocky Wirtz is an incredibly successful businessman, first and foremost. And, as such, he knows when and why there are problems. And it's my understanding the directive to improve the club is coming directly from him.

I might have an update later today. Until then,

JJ

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ppin/128/45085

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast