Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash

Salak Placed On Waivers...

Hawks just waived Salak...

http://www.chicagonow.com/red-light-...s-waive-salak/

Interesting. The coaches in Rockford must have said something to Bowman. Looks like Carter Hutton is getting a real hard look now from the team. Salak was really hyped up when he played over seas. Wonder what happened? Goes to show that you have to work all the time in this league. Your European Rep means nothing over here Mr. Salak. And to be beaten out by a bounced around guy like Hutton. Hutton may be a hidden gem. Would not be surprised if he stands on his head and earns some starts next year with the big club.
    Last edited by 1990; 06-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ort View Post
    If I remember correctly, Niemi went to arbitration cause his agent wanted something like 4M per year, which he clearly wasnt worth. The arbitration ruling came back at 2.75, which the hawks walked away from, making Niemi a free agent (happened during Hawks convention; was a big topic of discussion among all of us standing in long autograph lines!). Without looking it up in capgeek, I think he got around 2M with the Sharks for the 2010-11 season.
    I still thought he was worth the 2.75 and would have kept him. The 4 mill his agent talked about was ludicrous, but at 2.75?? Niemi is an over all better net minder then Crow any day of the week. Niemi has good instincts and better reaction to shots, Crow is very slow in the net. Failing to keep Niemi while over paying for Hammer was a big mistake.

vCash
    While he may have been worth that much we didn't have it. And Crawf gave us some good goaltending that season anyway once Turco tanked and Niemi was just as unproven at that time as Craw was going into this season. It was unfortunate but the right move at the time nonetheless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    There was no mistake on Bowman's part, Niemi's agent wanted more money than the Hawks were able to offer. Then he took even less money in San Jose, than Bowman offered. Never liked the Hammer signing to be honest, should've let San Jose have him, but it's easy to say that now.
    Yeah at the time it was hard not to project Hjammer to be worth that contract a year or so into it. He played very well for his age and there was a reason San Jose thought he was worth that money plus draft picks. His devlopment particularily in his puck skills and physicality just stalled for whatever reason.

vCash

Bolts obtain Lindback from Preds

Lindback traded to Tampa.... Im sure the Preds wanted him out of the conference, but would have loved to out duel Tampa for that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Lindback traded to Tampa.... Im sure the Preds wanted him out of the conference, but would have loved to out duel Tampa for that guy.
    I like Lindback, but I'd much prefer Lehner/Bishop if one of them are made available. Bernier and Markstrom (if Florida were to trade for Luongo) would also be higher on my list than Lindback. Nice trade for Tampa though.

vCash
    First, multiple sources are telling me that Niklas Hjalmarsson is in play with perhaps numerous suitors, the strongest rumor linking him to Ottawa, in exchange for depth center Zack Smith and a draft pick.

If the Senators want Hjalmarsson—and I believe his steady, defense first play would greatly help and complement the current blueline in Ottawa—then this is a deal that would greatly benefit both clubs.

Smith is the kind of player I am hearing the Hawks are looking for this summer: he's physical (160+ hits last season), kills penalties and wins faceoffs (over 50% for his career).

Plus this deal would save the Hawks $2.8 million in cap space, giving them more room to make a run at . . . Ryan Suter. I heard last night that the Hawks are one of a handful of teams Suter would like to talk to if he reaches free agency. However, I also heard Detroit is at the top of the list.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...Time/128/44979

vCash
    While I'm not against Zack Smith, but it all depends on how high the pick is. However, trading off Hammer to make room for Suter is just stupid imo. Hammer is a solid blueliner who has stalled in development a bit, but still has all the potential he did two years ago and has become more of a defensive player. You can keep Hammer and put your money towards Zach Parise. Smith really does not change anything at centre. He's a touch more physical than what we have. However, picking one guy up is not going to fix this issue. Adding Parise is a surefire way to make an impact. He instantly makes this team a legitimate cup threat again. He's a great leader, he's a great scorer, paired with Toews would be ****in sick. Parise is capable of being a physical presence it was like two years ago where he tallied over 100 hits. Not to mention if it blocks the Red Wings from getting him all that much better. While I think Parise goes back to the Devils' logic says put your name in the hat for him.

Conversely, if the Hawks do trade Hammer make sure the return is an impact player IE maybe for Nash. Don't trade him for a guy who is arguably going to make a marginal impact.

I'm not at all suggesting these things will go down, but if they are moving Hjalmarsson they better be damn sure its worth it because it would look really ****** if he is where he is potentially able of being next year and all we came away with was Zack Smith.

vCash
    Could be a brilliant move if Blowman plays the cards correctly. Methot's name has been out there. If you can snag him and plug Smith into the 4th line without making Kruger your 3C, then I'd call it a tremendous upgrade to areas that plagued us last year. That said, I have no confidence in our front office to do that.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    While I'm not against Zack Smith, but it all depends on how high the pick is. However, trading off Hammer to make room for Suter is just stupid imo. Hammer is a solid blueliner who has stalled in development a bit, but still has all the potential he did two years ago and has become more of a defensive player. You can keep Hammer and put your money towards Zach Parise. Smith really does not change anything at centre. He's a touch more physical than what we have. However, picking one guy up is not going to fix this issue. Adding Parise is a surefire way to make an impact. He instantly makes this team a legitimate cup threat again. He's a great leader, he's a great scorer, paired with Toews would be ****in sick. Parise is capable of being a physical presence it was like two years ago where he tallied over 100 hits. Not to mention if it blocks the Red Wings from getting him all that much better. While I think Parise goes back to the Devils' logic says put your name in the hat for him.

Conversely, if the Hawks do trade Hammer make sure the return is an impact player IE maybe for Nash. Don't trade him for a guy who is arguably going to make a marginal impact.

I'm not at all suggesting these things will go down, but if they are moving Hjalmarsson they better be damn sure its worth it because it would look really ****** if he is where he is potentially able of being next year and all we came away with was Zack Smith.
    I think your selling zack smith a little short. The guy has won over 50% of his face offs (which will drastically help this team) and they need a guy to help toews with face offs on even strength and the pk, he's physical ( had 160+ hits last year), has some scoring touch (28 points last year), 98 pims and from what I read about Ottawa is that he's a great locker room guy. I personally like this trade, if they can get a draft pick and the rights to carkner then I'm all for it. Makes sense for both teams too because Ottawa can afford hammers cap hit and he would fit perfectly with karlsson.

vCash
    We resigned Bollig and Ben Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toon Squad View Post
    I think your selling zack smith a little short. The guy has won over 50% of his face offs (which will drastically help this team) and they need a guy to help toews with face offs on even strength and the pk, he's physical ( had 160+ hits last year), has some scoring touch (28 points last year), 98 pims and from what I read about Ottawa is that he's a great locker room guy. I personally like this trade, if they can get a draft pick and the rights to carkner then I'm all for it. Makes sense for both teams too because Ottawa can afford hammers cap hit and he would fit perfectly with karlsson.
    as sad as this is gonna sound we cant afford to deal carks, we need atleast 2 tough guys on the team imo, especially since neil plays a more in your face game now then a fighters game, sens are most likely not resigning konopka (too many young guys/foward depth) and if we deal smith ( i dont want too at all, but for a solid defenceman like hammer you got to give to get) we will be left with neil and carkner and imo we need to keep them so we have a few players that can hold other teams accountable. so unless we can sign a better defenceman than carkner that can fight i doubt ottawa trades him. smith even though i dont want to trade him, but we technically can since ottawa has a lot of forward depth and are dealing from a position of strength

vCash
    On Ryan Smyth...

The Blackhawks are suddenly in play big time I am told...The Oilers offered a contract to Ryan back on June 8th, but made it known he would play a lesser role. Smyth has yet to sign. The Hawks are looking for an experienced guy to help the young stars along...playing the role Jagr played in Philly with Giroux...
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...e-Nash/1/45019

vCash
    ^^^ Weird, I actually just posted elsewhere that I think Smyth could be a nice fit for the Blackhawks. Some out there may be afraid and start with the Brunette comparisons, but I'd take a chance on Smyth who could help out the PP and still play even strength in the top 6.

vCash
    What young guys need help exactly? Toews, Kane, and Bolland should all be considered veterans at this point.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast