Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3609 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 26093109350935593599360736083609361036113619365937094109 ... LastLast
Results 54,121 to 54,135 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    I think its a shot that you have to take. He wasn't necessarily elite but he put together some really good seasons and adding that chance of lightning in a bottle can only help. He doesn't have to score in Chicago. He was expected to score in Montreal. Him setting up Sharpie or Kaner or Hossa has the makings of something that could turn into gold.

vCash
    After today's roster moves, I think it shakes out something like this:
    Saad/Toews/Hossa
    Sharp/Bolland/Kane
    Stalberg/Kruger/Bickell
    Carcillo/Shaw/Frolik/Mayers/Bollig

Keith/Seabrook
    Rozsival/Leddy/Brookbank
    Oduya/Hjalmmerson

Crawford/Emery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    No doubt, Craw had a rough season but played well in the season prior. I haven't given up on him at all. When I mentioned Lehner, I was saying the Hawks don't currently have a near NHL-ready goalie prospect in the minors and Lehner has a two-way contract. Keep Craw/Emery this season while Lehner plays in Rockford and we'll see how Craw pans out the rest of this season.

Leddy is a decent play-making d-man and could blossom into a solid 2nd pairing guy, but the problem is we have 3 guys that all fit that mold outside of the top pairing. Oduya, Hammer, and Leddy all have very similar style of play. Each of these three needs a tough stay-at home type to pair with them and Bowman failed to bring one in. Brookbank and Rozy won't sniff the 2nd pairing. As is, our 2nd pairing will get beat up every game like they did last season. I was really hoping we'd land Methot in FA and let Oduya walk. Then the 2nd and 3rd unit would be balanced with Hammer/Methot and Rozy/Leddy.

Too many holes that have been filled with bandaids and hope. Horribly weak at the dot and this will kill you on special teams. They're faster on defense and better at shot-blocking but still not tough and will have trouble keeping daring forwards from crashing the net and in check. Craw is a big question mark, although I think it's wise to see how he comes out of the gate before making a transition. Overall, I think this team as is will certainly be a playoff team, but I don't see them being a Cup contender.
    This can be partially fixed if/when Ryan Stanton is called up. I'd love to see him make the team as I feel like he would really help this team out. Obviously, he's not a 2nd pairing guy. But you can certainly do a lot worse from your 5/6 defenseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckleiner21 View Post
    I think its a shot that you have to take. He wasn't necessarily elite but he put together some really good seasons and adding that chance of lightning in a bottle can only help. He doesn't have to score in Chicago. He was expected to score in Montreal. Him setting up Sharpie or Kaner or Hossa has the makings of something that could turn into gold.
    On a cheap 1-year deal, I wouldn't mind Gomez. He's got a good enough track record as a playmaker to think that he could be a 40-point player playing in between Kane and Sharp. If he develops chemistry with those 2, that could be one of the best 2nd lines in all of hockey.

vCash
    Faceoff % leaves a little to be desired though

vCash
    The Hawks will place defenseman Steve Montador on the injured list. The veteran is suffering from symptoms related to a concussion and is not close to skating, according to a source.
    Ugh. Was hoping he'd be back.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    Ugh. Was hoping he'd be back.
    Did it say if it was LTIR or just IR? Would be nice to not have his cap hit, even if the Blackhawks still have plenty of cap room.

vCash
    Daniel Carcillo
    has been skating alongside Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa. "Cars is an energy player," Hossa said. "Basically, he can go hard to the net and get extra room for the chances, so it's going to work out great for us. He gets his feet going and he's really a huge key in our line because he makes room for us." Carcillo figures to get a ton of penalty minutes, but he might also break the 20-point mark if he can stay on a scoring line this season.
    Marcus Kruger
    skated with the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday. Kruger missed two days during the illness. Unfortunately that accounts for a big chunk of training camp under the shortened schedule.
    Brandon Saad
    will be part of the Chicago Blackhawks' opening game roster. Saad made an impression on Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville last year. "We saw last year in training camp that (Saad) has some special skills," Quenneville said. "He does a lot of things other guys can't do as far as protecting the puck. He sees plays, makes plays and he's strong on it." Saad made his NHL debut last season and ended up with no points in two games. He also has eight goals and 20 points in 31 AHL contests this season.
    Steve Montador
    is reportedly not close to being able to resume skating, according to a source. He has not skated with teammates for weeks because of concussion symptoms. Montador was cleared to return from a concussion he suffered last February, but he sustained another head injury when he collided with a teammate during an informal practice before the lockout ended.
    Andrew Shaw
    should get an opportunity to show what he can do with the man advantage. Chicago is searching for a player that can park himself in front of the net during power plays. Shaw averaged 1:35 minutes per contest with the man advantage in 37 games last season. He's likely to get about 20-25 points while averaging more than a penalty minute per game in 2013.

vCash
    I wrote directv an angry message bc they haven't offered center ice yet. Thankfully tomorrows game is on here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckleiner21 View Post
    Faceoff % leaves a little to be desired though
    True, but he's not absolutely terrible there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    True, but he's not absolutely terrible there.
    Probably better than Kruger, Mayers and Shaw

vCash
    TGIS hehe

vCash
    60 bucks for center ice boys. **** yes

vCash
    If that banner raising didn't get our guys fired up I dont know what will.

vCash
    Saad, Rozival and Mayers scratched. I don't get the first two.