Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 805
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wrigleyville, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    Hahaha it didn't take long for a meme of Buff to come out:

    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61906275_n.jpg
    Mike P. ~~

    Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    Doan re-upped with the Yotes for 4 years 21.2 million. I assume after the talks of $30 million offers a few months ago, he probably took a significant hometown discount.

    Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

  3. #753
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    Doan re-upped with the Yotes for 4 years 21.2 million. I assume after the talks of $30 million offers a few months ago, he probably took a significant hometown discount.
    He was never leaving anyways, just trying to cash in on his final FA deal by driving up the price with the threat of signing elsewhere. Phoenix called his bluff.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,298
    vCash
    1500
    E. Kane resigns with the Jets, another potential off season target off the market......

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407919

    Ben Eager...sometimes he just can't help himself

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,412
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry, I didn't see a general discussion thread in your team's section, so this is the best I can see at the time...

    TKHO (The Kid's Hockey Organization) is recruiting 3 new GMs for a hockey simulation game. Our area on the PSD forum is here. It's a sim-game, but it's not. It's more of a sim/text hockey league. Let me know if anyone's interested.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    Ok, so where were we?! :sarcasm:

    Looks like Hawks may still be after that center they were hoping to land via trade before the lockout, Hammer and/or Frolik being the bait. Other than that, not a lot of new faces for this team.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Ok, so where were we?! :sarcasm:

    Looks like Hawks may still be after that center they were hoping to land via trade before the lockout, Hammer and/or Frolik being the bait. Other than that, not a lot of new faces for this team.
    The Blackhawks currently have 8 defensemen...Seabrook, Keith, Leddy, Hammer, Oduya, Brookbank, Montador, and Roszival. I think Montador is a buy out candidate (depending on how the agreement works out these 2 buyouts and if it can happen immediately). After that, I don't know if trading Hjalmarsson is the right thing to do, especially because injuries could crush a team this year with a shortened schedule.

    A 2nd line center is always an option but the Blackhawks were pretty damn good at putting up points without one last year.

    I think they should stay put for the most part. Defense is improved since last year and offense was pretty damn good last year. Let things play out this year and go from there.

    Should be real interesting to see what happens around the NHL and with the Blackhawks over the next week or so.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    The Blackhawks currently have 8 defensemen...Seabrook, Keith, Leddy, Hammer, Oduya, Brookbank, Montador, and Roszival. I think Montador is a buy out candidate (depending on how the agreement works out these 2 buyouts and if it can happen immediately). After that, I don't know if trading Hjalmarsson is the right thing to do, especially because injuries could crush a team this year with a shortened schedule.

    A 2nd line center is always an option but the Blackhawks were pretty damn good at putting up points without one last year.

    I think they should stay put for the most part. Defense is improved since last year and offense was pretty damn good last year. Let things play out this year and go from there.

    Should be real interesting to see what happens around the NHL and with the Blackhawks over the next week or so.
    I agree, I think they should stay put. One thing the Hawks have that most other NHL teams will have coming into the season is that there aren't many new faces on this team, IOW they've all played together for a full season and should be able to click right away or at least sooner than most other teams, which could be huge.

    I would think however, there may be a few teams in desperation mode to fill a gaping hole and there could possibly be a deal Bowman won't be able to turn down regardless. We'll see how it all unfolds real soon....

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I agree, I think they should stay put. One thing the Hawks have that most other NHL teams will have coming into the season is that there aren't many new faces on this team, IOW they've all played together for a full season and should be able to click right away or at least sooner than most other teams, which could be huge.

    I would think however, there may be a few teams in desperation mode to fill a gaping hole and there could possibly be a deal Bowman won't be able to turn down regardless. We'll see how it all unfolds real soon....
    It is definitely going to be exciting.

    If the Blackhawks don't go out there for a 2C, I would really like to see Pirri get a shot. Put him with Hossa/Sharp and our defensive side of things don't take a hit. He has looked pretty damn good in the AHL and I think he just needs a chance to play in the NHL. If not, the Hawks will probably go with Kruger there.

    Outside the Blackhawks...what is going to happen to Luongo? That should be interesting.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    It is definitely going to be exciting.

    If the Blackhawks don't go out there for a 2C, I would really like to see Pirri get a shot. Put him with Hossa/Sharp and our defensive side of things don't take a hit. He has looked pretty damn good in the AHL and I think he just needs a chance to play in the NHL. If not, the Hawks will probably go with Kruger there.

    Outside the Blackhawks...what is going to happen to Luongo? That should be interesting.
    I've always liked Pirri over Kruger, enjoy watching him play in Rockford. Kruger plays better D than Pirri which seems to be why they give him the nod over Pirri. Will be interesting to see what happens with Olsen and I hope we get to see Danault later in the season. Lastly and most importantly, I hope Hossa is truly back to 100%.

    Can't see Luongo going anywhere this season. His contract is ridic.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    I've always liked Pirri over Kruger, enjoy watching him play in Rockford. Kruger plays better D than Pirri which seems to be why they give him the nod over Pirri. Will be interesting to see what happens with Olsen and I hope we get to see Danault later in the season. Lastly and most importantly, I hope Hossa is truly back to 100%.

    Can't see Luongo going anywhere this season. His contract is ridic.
    Agreed on Pirri over Kruger. Kruger should be a 3rd line guy. Solid defensively for his age and has some room (not a lot in my opinion) to grow offensively. I could really see Pirri working between Sharp/Hossa...hell, I might work out okay between those two.

    I think Olsen is going to see the entire year in Rockford. Apparently he has been struggling and the Blackhawks have 8 players ahead of him on the depth chart at the current time.

    I'm really excited about Danault. He didn't play that well in the Junior Championships unfortunately. I would expect he plays with his Junior team and then probably to the AHL if they get knocked out of the playoffs early. Most people have him as a 3c...but I like his offensive upside enough that he could be a 2C in my books. Not so high on McNeil though, I don't like him transitioning to a center position in the NHL and I see a 3C at best.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Agreed on Pirri over Kruger. Kruger should be a 3rd line guy. Solid defensively for his age and has some room (not a lot in my opinion) to grow offensively. I could really see Pirri working between Sharp/Hossa...hell, I might work out okay between those two.

    I think Olsen is going to see the entire year in Rockford. Apparently he has been struggling and the Blackhawks have 8 players ahead of him on the depth chart at the current time.

    I'm really excited about Danault. He didn't play that well in the Junior Championships unfortunately. I would expect he plays with his Junior team and then probably to the AHL if they get knocked out of the playoffs early. Most people have him as a 3c...but I like his offensive upside enough that he could be a 2C in my books. Not so high on McNeil though, I don't like him transitioning to a center position in the NHL and I see a 3C at best.
    Agreed all the way with your opinions. Two guys I can't wait to watch more of are Teuvo and Danault. Each are really young at 18 and 19 years old, but could begin contributing in the near future. Johns will be fun to watch once he's done at ND, dood is a beast. I think Saad is overrated, I like him but don't love him. I did love when they picked him in the 2nd round, huge steal. Teuvo was an even bigger steal, how the poop did he fall to us at #18?

    Lastly, these young guys near NHL-ready in Rockford, really need to step up this season and show they can handle important minutes. With the cap going from $70.2 to $64.3 next season, we'll need some cheapies to work out for the time being. Biggest contract coming off the books for next season is Rozy at $2 mil and the Hawks are currently at $60.89 mil for next season and that's without a backup goalie, only 6 d-men, and 11 forwards.
    Last edited by Assman22; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,178
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Agreed all the way with your opinions. Two guys I can't wait to watch more of are Teuvo and Danault. Each are really young at 18 and 19 years old, but could begin contributing in the near future. I think Saad is overrated, I like him but don't love him. I did love when they picked him in the 2nd round, huge steal. Teuvo was an even bigger steal, how the poop did he fall to us at #18?
    Teuvo played out of his mind in the Junior Championships. I watched a few of his games and he was awesome. Pretty sure he finished (ehhh, lame joke but think about it??) top 5 in scoring. I think he fell to the Blackhawks because many viewed him as a "project" who was atleast 2 - 3 years out from contributing at the NHL level because of his size/growth that is needed. Most teams in the top 10 want an impact guy now. The Blackhawks large amount of prospects and top guys enabled them to take a "risk" on a guy like Teuvo who they could wait on. Very excited with the possibilities. He has a slow start this year but has started to tear it up.

    I'm with you on Saad. A big guy with nice skating and hands...but he just hasn't brought it all together at the AHL level yet, which is a little worrisome. I think he projects to a 2nd line type of guy. Just wondering where he fits in (if he does) on this year's team. The Blackhawks have a whole lot of guys who are going to be on the bubble.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    vCash
    1500
    Also, what position will kaner play? Something tells me the carcillo-Kane-Hossa line is going to get another shot. I agree that'd I would like to see pirri get a shot over Kruger in a scoring role. Also wouldn't mind seeing a trade for a stop-gap 2C ( S. Weiss?) with an expiring contract to buy Pirri/Kruger/Terravainen/Danault to be ready. Also we could possibly use a hard hitting forechecking type of winger. We have 8 dmen and an outrageously deep prospect pool, I would like to see us do something trade-wise because I think we do have a few holes.

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •