Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3579 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25793079347935293569357735783579358035813589362936794079 ... LastLast
Results 53,671 to 53,685 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    I like this signing a lot. I think it means at least one of Leddy, Hjalmarsson, or Montador gets traded. I'd love to see us pull off a trade for Evander Kane. With us signing Rozsival and Winnipeg needing a defenseman with Zach Bogosian out for the first few months of the season, the time is right to make a good offer for Evander Kane. I really hope this is the thought process with this signing, but even if it isn't, I still really like the signing.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 09-12-2012 at 04:23 AM.

vCash
    No doubt. I don't understand how you can let yourself go like that in just 5 months.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Good signing that could open the door for a trade opportunity too.

vCash
    I'm with Boom. I'm hoping for an NBA type lockout this year. I wish something would get done by the 15th, but that seems next to impossible right now.

vCash
    NEW YORK -- Although relations between the NHL and NHLPA seem to be growing increasingly contentious in the week leading up to the lockout, the two sides plan to meet Wednesday morning, multiple sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

Wednesday's meeting is expected to be informal, similar to last Friday, when NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and deputy commissioner Bill Daly sat down with NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr and his brother, Steve.

It is not clear whether the union, which held a conference call with players Wednesday, will submit an offer.

The two sides have not had formal discussions since talks broke down on Aug. 31. At that time, the NHL was seeking a comprehensive counter-proposal from the union to its second offer. Bettman indicated the NHL was not pleased with the response they received.

Wednesday's discussions will be held in advance of the union's player meetings, which are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday in Manhattan. The NHL will be meeting as well, with the Board of Governors meeting is slated to convene Thursday in New York.

Given the NHL's clear stance on a lockout -- Bettman intends to lock the players out if a new deal isn't reached when the current CBA expires on Sept. 15 -- there is little time remaining for the two sides to come to an agreement.

The union and league still have a significant bridge to gap on the key economic concepts of a new deal. While the players want to avoid any immediate salary reduction -- either via rollbacks or escrow -- the league wants the players to take a reduced share of revenue.

The two sides, particularly Daly and Steve Fehr, have communicated consistently even in the absence of formal negotiations. But frustrations bubbled over Tuesday when the union turned to Canadian provincial law to challenge the lockout.

The NHLPA, through a Montreal-based lawyer, issued a cease-and-desist letter to the Montreal Canadiens and the NHL, and plan to appeal to the Quebec Labour Relations Board this week on behalf of their case as well. Quebec does not recognize the NHLPA as a certified union, which means a lockout by an employer cannot be lawfully imposed, they contend.

The union also challenged the league's request to the Alberta Labour Relations Board for a board-supervised lockout vote. The ALBLRB was slated to hold a hearing in front of a three-person panel Tuesday morning, but it was canceled when the NHL withdrew its application late Tuesday.
    The plot thickens?
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    What if Olesz lives up to potential this year? That would be amazing.
    Still looking to shed that horrendous Montador contract. Would much rather keep Hjallma unless he is a piece in something big.

vCash
    Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya, Hammer, Brookbank, Montador, Roszival. D looks pretty solid, i wont be surprised if 1 or 2 are moved

vCash
    Just heard that the players were offered $250-300 million more than the previous offer.

vCash
    Hahaha it didn't take long for a meme of Buff to come out:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61906275_n.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    What if Olesz lives up to potential this year? That would be amazing.
    Still looking to shed that horrendous Montador contract. Would much rather keep Hjallma unless he is a piece in something big.
    I thought we were free of Olesz's contract at the end of last season? How long are we saddled with him?

vCash
    my guess is the season starts with the winter classic
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    This is an old pic of my Fighting Sioux jersey collection. I've sold about 5 of the ones in the picture, but added about a dozen others since, but it gives you an idea of how crazy I am.

I currently own 6 game-worn jerseys (five of them being Sioux) and a number of authentics (none are the crappy Chinese knockoffs).

vCash
    ^ borderline nuts...

I like your style
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Lockout is inevitable. This always happens with the NHL and I absolutely hate it!

The NHL gets going after a lockout sets them back and just when the game is getting exciting again and fans are multiplying by the day, the CBA expires and thus another lockout setting the league back... again. It's like having the family dog. Dies every 6-7 years then you have the mourning period until you get a new one and just when you get that ***** trained and all is going well, boom it ****ing dies and you start the process over again.

I love watching hockey and it's the only other sport, outside of football and MMA, that I can stand watching continuously on tv. NBA and MLB are like watching paint dry. Don't get me started with golf, boxing, or Nascar.

vCash
    3.125 Cap hit for the this and next year. Due 4 and 4.25 those seasons.