Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    First reaction, this guy is full of ****. Second reaction, who the **** is Aaron Portzline? Third reaction, yea, this guy is definitely full of ****.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    First reaction, this guy is full of ****. Second reaction, who the **** is Aaron Portzline? Third reaction, yea, this guy is definitely full of ****.
    Blue Jackets beat writer. He's very credible.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Where did you see the Tim Thomas rumor? Last I saw he was considering taking a year off and then he waved his no trade clause.
    Buccigross' twitter a couple days ago. Claims the likeliest spot for Thomas to land after his one year hiatus is Chicago. Thomas likes Chicago supposedly too.

vCash
    What do you guys think of these Goalie rumors?? Thomas will be close to 40 years old won't he!?

and Longo used to be one of the best in the game, its almost mental now

vCash
    I don't want Lu, or at least not with that contract. Thomas was still good last year, so that I wouldn't object too.

vCash
    Apparently Lu doesn't want us!

roto:

Roberto Luongo is reportedly not willing to waive his no-trade clause to head to Toronto or Chicago.
    That could change, but if it doesn't, that might tie the Vancouver Canucks hands. The Toronto Maple Leafs are believed to be the team most interested in Luongo's services. At the same time, if this report is true, then it should greatly increase the odds that the Leafs are going to attempt to bolster their goaltending through the free agent market.

vCash
    The feeling is mutual...
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Buccigross' twitter a couple days ago. Claims the likeliest spot for Thomas to land after his one year hiatus is Chicago. Thomas likes Chicago supposedly too.
    I'd do it. Bernier (RFA) and Quick (UFA) are both headed for free agency. LA probably won't keep both. Upgrade your goaltending with Thomas for a year and strike up a deal with LA for Bernier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Apparently Lu doesn't want us!

roto:
    Luongo has nightmares about the Madhouse all the time, I'm sure of it. Doubt he wants to play half his games there and not one Hawks fan wants him.

Fcuk Roberto Luongo! Fcuk him with a big rubber dick, fcuk him!

vCash
    I'm not that hockey saavy so I have a few questions for you guys...

What's considered old for a goalie in hockey or past their prime?

Does a team usually have one goalie and stick with him every night or have a rotational system like the Hawks?

If the team felt Leddy was ready to start, and Keith would be available for trade, what type of goalie could he net back?

Do the Hawks need a goalie or is Crawford the guy for now and the future?

Thanks guys
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Where did you see the Tim Thomas rumor? Last I saw he was considering taking a year off and then he waved his no trade clause.
    This. I'm fairly certain he will be, and I respect the hell out of him for it too. He's doing it for the right reasons.

From his page:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.

TT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    I'm not that hockey saavy so I have a few questions for you guys...

What's considered old for a goalie in hockey or past their prime?

Does a team usually have one goalie and stick with him every night or have a rotational system like the Hawks?

If the team felt Leddy was ready to start, and Keith would be available for trade, what type of goalie could he net back?

Do the Hawks need a goalie or is Crawford the guy for now and the future?

Thanks guys
    34/35+ I would say is well-past prime, but the elite are still able to perform that late into their careers.

A team typically has a go-to (unless you are fortunate enough to be the St. Louis Blues) guy that gets ~65%+ of the starts (depending on how good they are).

Keith is too valuable (at least in my opinion given our already talent barren blue line) to trade. He could get a notch-below-elite level goalie in return though if he was dealt.

Crawford is adequate but nothing special. You saw in this year's playoffs the importance of a great/hot net-minder. Improving the blue line would do wonders for Crawford and make him look above average and serviceable enough to win another cup (I mean, Niemi...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    34/35+ I would say is well-past prime, but the elite are still able to perform that late into their careers.

A team typically has a go-to (unless you are fortunate enough to be the St. Louis Blues) guy that gets ~65%+ of the starts (depending on how good they are).

Keith is too valuable (at least in my opinion given our already talent barren blue line) to trade. He could get a notch-below-elite level goalie in return though if he was dealt.

Crawford is adequate but nothing special. You saw in this year's playoffs the importance of a great/hot net-minder. Improving the blue line would do wonders for Crawford and make him look above average and serviceable enough to win another cup (I mean, Niemi...)
    Great info, thanks!

So in your opinion, do the Hawks need to make a move for a top-notch goalie or addressing the blue line be a better solution?
    You may think you know but you're horribly blind...

vCash
    I think Crawfod can get the job done if the defense would take care of their own ****.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    I think Crawfod can get the job done if the defense would take care of their own ****.
    I don't think that he can. The Hawks won in 2010 in spite of the goaltending, not because of it, but Niemi was light years ahead of Crawford in every way. No way the Hawks contend for anything with Crawford in net.

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast