Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Jaeckel seems to think that the Hawks will be agressive.

Heard from my top source late last night (who corroborated and added to some things I'd heard from other sources over the last 48 hours):

He believes that Stan Bowman's talk about minor tweaks is just that . . . talk. A smokescreen. Multiple quality sources are telling me that the opposite could hold true. That Rocky Wirtz has not only given Bowman the green light to make significant moves to improve the club—but Bowman is expected to do so.

I heard some specifics.

Suter:

The Hawks will in all likelihood be in this. If you see Niklas Hjalmarsson moved before 7/1, the likelihood of Suter being a Hawk goes way up.

Kane:

My source said there is reason to believe that the hawks have had conversations with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan. And with other teams.

Parise:

Yes. Parise.

I don't think the Hawks are trying to pull off the package deal that teams with more cap room might. But Parise has been a topic of discussion by the Hawks. And his acquisition could hinge on a Kane trade. Perhaps like Hjalmarsson, Kane would be dealt for picks and prospects, freeing up significant salary cap room. Or Parise is a Plan 1A, if the club misses on Suter early on 7/1.

Schultz:

Someone told me this morning that a source close to the team had mentioned the young defenseman. Let me say this: it's the first I've heard of it. But the overwhelming sense I got last night was that the Hawks have a long list of possibilities going into the draft, trades and free agency. So, yes, it is quite possible Schultz is on the list.

What is interesting in all this is the sense that there are a variety of ways—infinite really—this could all play out. Do the Hawks trade away significant cap commitment? If they do, what do they do with it.

I know many in Hawk Nation have grown weary of Stan Bowman's "conservative" approach and therefore assume nothing will happen. The problem with that line of logic is that it is based on the assumption that all the power is in Bowman's hands. Which most inside sources say is not the case. And even if it is, there is evidence to suggest that he is literally under orders to make some moves.

The team needs them on the ice. The notion of a perennially Cup contending club is gone. This is, as constructed, at best a first round and out team. At worst it misses the playoffs.

Off the ice, this team and its carefully crafted multi-gazillion dollar brand is suffering—it needs some big, positive moves.

Rocky Wirtz is an incredibly successful businessman, first and foremost. And, as such, he knows when and why there are problems. And it's my understanding the directive to improve the club is coming directly from him.

I might have an update later today. Until then,

JJ

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ppin/128/45085
    Yea, I read this earlier. I personally have been thinking trading Kane for bobby Ryan ever since his Madison episode and I would love it, he'd fit right in next to Toews. I just don't know what to expect with Bowman, I don't want to think big with Ryan and Suter and he signs 2 guys on their last legs like Bruno and O.D. Again.

vCash
    if we can trade kane frolik and hammer, r we able to sign parise and suter, then trade for ryan?
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    if we can trade kane frolik and hammer, r we able to sign parise and suter, then trade for ryan?
    I don't see anyway all of those happen. Suter and Parise figure to get 5-7 and Ryan is at 5.1.

I'm really not sure what to make or what I even want to happen. I'm skeptical that we end up with Parise or Suter. It's going to be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I don't see anyway all of those happen. Suter and Parise figure to get 5-7 and Ryan is at 5.1.

I'm really not sure what to make or what I even want to happen. I'm skeptical that we end up with Parise or Suter. It's going to be interesting.
    I'll be on hammer trade watch for the next 28 hrs up to and during the draft. The thought of one of those guys on the roster takes me from 6 to midnight

Abide!

vCash
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Wow.

Abide!

vCash
    Parise makes little sense. There's already three All-Star wingers in the top 6. One of Saad or Morin should make the opening night roster, perhaps both, and add in Stalberg and you've got three more guys who are capable of slotting there on a given night.

Staal should be Lispy's #1 target this summer, and it's disappointing to find so little in the way of Hawks interest in him. Then again, he's sucked with asset management for the last three years.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe Bigsley View Post
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Wow.
    ****ing go get him, Lispy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toon Squad View Post
    Yea, I read this earlier. I personally have been thinking trading Kane for bobby Ryan ever since his Madison episode and I would love it, he'd fit right in next to Toews. I just don't know what to expect with Bowman, I don't want to think big with Ryan and Suter and he signs 2 guys on their last legs like Bruno and O.D. Again.
    I think Anaheim would have to offer more for Kane than Bobby Ryan. I'd love to see if we could do something like Kane and the #18 pick for Ryan and the #6 pick. That's a trade I would strongly consider. I just don't think Ryan=Kane, and I'm a huge fan of Bobby Ryan, too.

Also, from the sounds of it, the Ducks are looking to get a couple NHL-ready players, including a great young defenseman, and a 1st round pick for Ryan.

I wonder if one of Leddy/Olsen, one of Morin/Pirri, and our 1st round pick could land Ryan. Then you look at trading Kane if you can get a really good return.

vCash
    I'm hearing that we're one of the 5-teams in on Luongo. Really hoping we don't trade for Luongo unless it's something like Crawford, Frolik, and a prospect not named Morin, McNeill, or Saad. I don't like the idea of committing to a 33-year old goalie with 10 years left on his contract, albeit at an affordable cap-hit. If we're moving equal salary in this deal and not giving up too much, that's fine, but I just don't see that happening.

vCash
    The fans at the UC will eat 7uongo alive whether he's in a Nucks jersey or a Hawks. Total fail if Bowman goes there.

vCash
    Hammer and Montador are on the trading block according to the Suntimes. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I'm hearing that we're one of the 5-teams in on Luongo. Really hoping we don't trade for Luongo unless it's something like Crawford, Frolik, and a prospect not named Morin, McNeill, or Saad. I don't like the idea of committing to a 33-year old goalie with 10 years left on his contract, albeit at an affordable cap-hit. If we're moving equal salary in this deal and not giving up too much, that's fine, but I just don't see that happening.
    Where are you hearing this from?
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Where are you hearing this from?

vCash
    Mynhltraderumors.com Linked to an article saying we're one if the 5 potential shoppers for Luongo. Highly doubt we get him. The Canucks apparently want a top 10 pick for him. What a joke.

vCash
    Mynhltraderumors.com Linked to an article saying we're one if the 5 potential shoppers for Luongo. Highly doubt we get him. The Canucks apparently want a top 10 pick for him. What a joke.
    For sure. BTW, wasn't doubting you just want as many sites with info as I can get for these next few days!

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast